3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Will this recipe work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/147175-will-recipe-work.html)

DeeAnnMokhtari 07-24-2008 12:27 AM

Will this recipe work?

I saw this recipe under the LA Lights link and was wondering if someone could help me convert it to South Beach (if it is capable).

I am 1/2 way through my first 2 weeks of Phase I! I am really enjoying all the great recipes 3FC has to offer. ::flow2::I can't believe how easy it seems to give up bread, sugar, and pastas (Carbs). I thought I was going to go through major withdrawal! Not at all! :love:I also borrowed some more SB cookbooks and plan on buying as many as possible! I have lost 5 pounds and I am very grateful for SB! Also, is hummus okay? Is it limited? I thought it was on Phase I but can't seem to locate it...I may just be missing it though!

Cupboard Cookies

1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup Splenda for Baking
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Combine all ingredients well.
Roll into balls about the size of a walnut. Press down slightly with
a fork.
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes (check after @ 8 minutes tho, ovens vary)

Makes 24 cookies.
Serving size: 2 cookies

Thank You :hug:

betsysunqueen 07-24-2008 12:37 AM

Your recipe is really close to the "Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies" in the SB "Quick and Easy" cookbook. That recipe has a little bit less Splenda, but the same amount of peanut butter. It makes 12 2-piece servings, but the cookbook does say that you should stick to just one serving.

Edit: And I just now saw that your recipe has the same serving sizes, so it looks good there too.

DeeAnnMokhtari 07-24-2008 12:39 AM

Thank YOU!

betsysunqueen 07-24-2008 12:55 AM

Oh, I just saw your question about hummus. It is okay on all phases. I love it as a snack with veggies.

cottagebythesea 07-24-2008 06:17 AM

I'm happy to hear that South Beach is working so well for you, DeeAnn! :)

Yes, hummus is allowed on all phases. The serving size is 2 Tbsp. a day.

Your recipe is just fine. We have a very similar Peanut Butter cookie recipe in our Phase 1 desserts, except that the measurements for the splenda and vanilla are less.

erikalea 07-24-2008 09:14 AM

I was looking for hummus at the store last night for my camping trip, and found an Artichoke and Spinach Hummus. I can't WAIT to try that! But only 2 Tbls, huh? I *might* not make that limit on this trip, but we'll see how I do. :)

zeffryn 07-24-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erikalea (Post 2284244)
I was looking for hummus at the store last night for my camping trip, and found an Artichoke and Spinach Hummus. I can't WAIT to try that! But only 2 Tbls, huh? I *might* not make that limit on this trip, but we'll see how I do. :)

Measure out the portions before you go...and don't allow yourself to go over the limit.

Marathon Mom 07-24-2008 12:56 PM

If you make your own hummus w/ chickpeas, minimal oil, garlic, lemon and spices - is it still limited to 2 Tbs?

errantbehavior 07-24-2008 01:49 PM

Hummus

Is Hummus listed on the sticky for Phase 1 safe foods?

Fat Melanie 07-24-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erikalea (Post 2284244)

I have that hummus too, artichoke and spinach by cedars. Yum!

I also love the roasted garlic kind.

Errantbehavior, yay, finally a question I can answer. Hummus is a Phase 1 food, yes! :D