South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #31  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Mel - be careful with men who set a precedent for lying....

Congrats on the loss! Just what you need to motivate you to stick through the rest of P1....P2 is so much easier to deal with.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:01 PM   #32  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

Melanie...although I don't really have any advice for you I can relate to what you are going through. My mother is bipolar but refuses to continue getting help or taking meds and on top of that she is a raging alcoholic. She went into rehab when I was 12 and was sober until about 4 years ago. She went from not even eating food that was cooked with alcohol due to fear of waking a demon to drinking from the minute her eyes open to the minute they close. And often wakes up during the night and needs a drink to fall back asleep. I allowed her to drive me almost clinically insane for 3 1/2 years. I moved out 2 years ago because I couldn't deal with her anymore or my father who also went down the same path(rehab when I was little then joined her drinking again). I know all about the Jekyl and Hyde thing. She is a total stranger when drunk. She's either a happy stupid drunk or an angry violent drunk. It even got to the point where I lost my job because of her. Whenever she would get drunk and fight with my father she would call the office all day long to the point where they had no choice but to ask me to leave. She would even get arrogant with the secretary when she would tell her I was in a meeting. I beat myself up trying to get her to quit drinking and take bipolar meds. I would allow myself to personalize it all and think "how could she do this to ME and MY family...she can't love us if she doesn't care how bad she's hurting us" The past few months I've been able to come to terms with the fact that we can not help those who aren't willing to help themselves or refuse to see a problem. I've learned to seperate the bipolar alcoholic from my Mom(the woman I know is still there deep down inside who I love and miss very much). I don't allow the actions of the bipolar alcoholic to hurt me anymore because I know they aren't coming from my Mom. They are coming from a sick woman who needs help. She now has to go get tested for throat cancer. There's a price to pay for all the actions we take I guess.

Wow ok I didn't even realize I typed so much. Sorry for the rant and lack of advice just wanted to let you know you are not alone!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:13 PM   #33  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Melanie, I wish you the best with your BF issues.

Some bipolar people go off their meds when they are going toward "manic" because they start feeling better, but it really isn't a good idea. (I have a good friend who is bipolar and we have been through a lot together.)
Old 07-22-2008, 04:24 PM   #34  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocowgirl View Post
Cat: Is that Jillian Michaels workout your doing called Shred? If so how do you like it? i just ordered it from Amazon..cant wait for it to arrive...
Everyone have a great today...I'll be checking in off and on today...

Sara
Sara, yep that's it. It is a KILLER!!! Keep in mind I'll be 53 in a couple of months though. But I'm on level 2 now and keeping up now and can really see the difference. My husband was commenting how strong my legs are and I am really seeing a difference in my arms (bingo wings are almost gone) and noticing a big difference in my tummy which is finally going down more. I've had 3 c-sections and a hysterectomy (not the cute little bikini cuts) so I know I'll never have great abs again, but I'm a believer in the dvd big time. Huff Puff!!!!!!!! aughhhhhh.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-22-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #35  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Bingo Wings?

Love that! Never heard it before!
Old 07-22-2008, 06:12 PM   #36  

I've been telling my daughters that if I ever break down to get tattoos I was getting butterflies tattooed on my wings so they flutter in the wind when I’m waiving. I figured that has got to be more fun then watching the skin waggle around.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:39 PM   #37  
I can do this!!

Cat~
Thanks...I'm really looking forward to it...I love Jillian Michaels.
Sara
Closed Thread