3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Rainy Days and Mondays Chick Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/146303-rainy-days-mondays-chick-chat.html)

cottagebythesea 07-14-2008 06:26 AM

Rainy Days and Mondays Chick Chat

:coffee: I was soooo tempted to sleep in this morning. It's a steady downpour here, and I'm still exhausted from yesterday. But it's a good kind of exhausted. :yawn: We had a great time at Cape May, and baby Tyler was a little angel. He loved splashing in the waves, and even took a long nap in the shade of our beach umbrellas. So we all had a pleasant, relaxing day. :)
Today I have to do some laundry and pay a few bills. This is the last few days of my vacation, but I'm missing my Audrey & Maggie and will be happy to see them again. They're due to get home Thursday afternoon.

What's everyone doing this week?

Loriann7 07-14-2008 06:36 AM

GM Cottage... we had rain most the day yesterday, which is alright because I got a lot of cleaning done inside, had a friend over who trimmed three trees for me and my son is coming over today to help clean up the mess from that. He's also scheduled to grab his furniture, once he does that and after I shampoo the carpet in there I'm gonna be moving my desk, the dog crate and several other things in there. It'll be so nice to have a "den". Then, once I have everything situated I have a solid wood desk I'm gonna finish redoing this year (been working n it three years now) and thats goinginmy living room for my Bible studies.

FINALLY got my weight back down from 191 to 181. Yes, gained most the weight I had lost back, and in one weeks' time I've lost that much. This am weighed in at 181.5. I'm not going to get excited, because I gain and lose this ten pounds ALL the time. Now, to keep on with the diet and week two of P1, and get myself down in the 170's!!!!!!

femmecreole 07-14-2008 06:38 AM

Cottage, rainy days are great days for laundry and bill paying!! And books and naps!!

Nothing exiting going on here. Getting some work done so I can go play with a friend today. A client sent me a "last minute emergency" so I'm dealing with that and hoping it won't cut into my fun time today. I was bored to death yesterday when my husband was at work and cleaned this house top to bottom..even cleaned out the fridge and washed baseboards and polished silver and steamed my area rugs with spearmint oil. Thank goodness for music..at least I could dance while I cleaned.

Did anyone catch the new Big Brother last night???? I really got a kick out of the New Orleans lady. We got really tickled at everyone getting annoyed with her for being "loud". She is just so typical New Orleans and would seem perfectly normal to a house full of New Orleanians.

Morning Loriann...we were posting at the same time!!! Great job on getting a handle on that weight!!

Loriann7 07-14-2008 06:43 AM

hi Femme... I don't watch big brother. Matter of fact, I don't watch TV! My son is gonna be taking my tv today, the entertainment center and the surrround sound system! I went two years without one, and now I'm sorry I allowed an old boyfriend to give me a tv!

Loriann7 07-14-2008 06:45 AM

BTW, this is week two of unemployment. I had four interviews last week, I'm hoping one will pan out. If not, I don't mind another week to get a few things done around the house! LOTs to do that has been neglected. Like today or tomorrow I have to run and get a panel for the "flash:"? on top of the siding. I have all my screens I have to rescreen, a desk to refinish, and I'd like to power wash the siding. ;)

Loriann7 07-14-2008 06:55 AM

Oh Yeah! The neatest thing yesterday! One of the trees my friend trimmed, before he started there was a baby bird on a branch. it jumped to the ground, I got to hold it while Ziggie trimmed the tree. The mother bird on a nearby tree watching! After he was done I tried to put the bird back onto a higher branch, but it jumped from the branch to the ground again. Momma bird came to it's rescue! it wasn't hurt! But how many people get to hold a baby bird from the wild???? :) MADE MY DAY.

Ruthxxx 07-14-2008 07:02 AM

Good morning and it's raining here too! That was NOT on my plan for the day! :( There's lots to do indoors though and today just may be an afternoon nap day since I woke at 3 with cramps and just drifted after that. No! It's definitely not TOM! It may have something to do with the wages of weekend sins.

Cottage, glad Cape May was fun. I looked it up on Google and was very impressed by one of the B&Bs there. I just need to find one that allows dogs!

Cat, been thinking of you lately as I'm re-reading Divine Mysteries of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. I'd forgotten it was set in Louisiana. (Can you tell I have been bitten by the travel bug?)

Loriann, are you about to come down with the "empty nest" syndrome? :lol: I must admit I was absolutely delighted when my son moved out. He claims I kept handing him steaks and other food from the freezer.

Finally figured out the trick to the pressure watcher connection and may get to that when the rain lets up. I did get all the paperwork done for the Fair school work yesterday. There were 145 winners out of over 1200 entries - biggest number yet. So, after the Fair but before school starts, I'll have 145 envelopes to do and deliver to the schools. I'll just ease into that job and do it on rainy days.

Someone on another thread said that she looked at meal planning as a second job. This week I am determined to plan my menus and follow the plan. It's too easy to just play it by ear when you live by yourself. You'd think I'd know that at my advanced age!

Hey! The sun is peeking out and the rain has stopped. Crazy weather!

Hope your Monday is brilliant.

femmecreole 07-14-2008 07:12 AM

Ruth, there is another book by the same author called "Little Alters Everywhere" that is about the childhood of the main charecter, her relationship to her family and the other Ya-Yas. Read it years ago and really enjoyed the book. It kind of "sets the stage" for the Ya-Ya book. I lent it to my sister in law and her dog ate it.

CyndiM 07-14-2008 07:20 AM

Good morning Chicks! It's a rainy day here too. Starting off with hot cereal with fresh blueberries. :drool:

Cottage - Sounds like the Cape was lovely :) Enjoy your last few days of vacation.

LoriAnn - I kept watching your rain yesterday thinking it was coming here but it never did. My Mom always says that my moving out saved our relationship and I felt the same way when it was time for my daughter to go. Congrats on the weight loss!

Cat - Hope the "emergency" is out of the way quickly and you have a good day with your friend.

Ruth - good luck with that sun!

Today is my only work day this week. tomorrow we leave for a short camping trip to the White Mtns. Woo hoo! I love camping. We get to try out the new smaller tent. My daughter "borrowed" our other one and we only had the huge vacation tent. I'm planning hikes and swimming. We did find an internet cafe so Julie can check-in on her classes but I doubt I'll do any posting. It just gives me an excuse to drink lattes instead of camp coffee :)

Have a good day!

Loriann7 07-14-2008 07:23 AM

Speaking of retreats... does anyone know that the fingerlakes boast of LOTS to do, let alone the GEORGOUS scenery?

Here is a link to my FAVORITE place, I go once a year at least because it's two hours from my house. http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterfalls/watkins.shtml

OK, I'm embarrassed to admit this, but within twenty mins from my house are four gully's and I haven't seen any of them! Here's the links, my sister and I are going to venture there next weekend with the kids. Yes, my dear son is invited if he wants to come. he'll have to check his "busy schedule' LOL.

http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterf...rksgully.shtml

http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterf...lingully.shtml

http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterf...erycreek.shtml

http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterf...imesglen.shtml

remember to scroll down those pages to get better views!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CyndiM 07-14-2008 07:25 AM

Cat - Isn't there a third one too? I can't think of the name right now but seem to remember reading it. Oh, Ya Yas in Bloom?

I loved those books

Loriann7 07-14-2008 07:26 AM

Ruth... I was relieved when he finally moved out... but yes, I did get aweful lonely, and had a bought with the "empty nest" syndrome. But I've been planning for years to have a den, and am excited I'm this close to decluttering the living room!

OH, and he called me last weekend (just days after informing me he's moving out and asked me to take him shopping. I asked if he had money, he said no... I (very hard to do this) said "you moved out". he said he had to try! But I am giving him a bit of money to help with those cut branches! ;)

femmecreole 07-14-2008 07:28 AM

Cyndi, I haven't read that one yet! Will have to get it this winter so my Mother and I can read it while she is here with me.

cottagebythesea 07-14-2008 07:30 AM

Ruth, here is a link to a great B & B in Cape May that welcomes doggie guests, too. :)

http://billmae.com/

Loriann, I spent a week at a cottage on Lake Cayuga two summers ago, and it's a gorgeous area! We enjoyed exploring many state parks and a good many wineries in the Finger Lake area, but I can't remember the names of the parks we went to. They were quite amazing, though. :)

TwynnB 07-14-2008 07:32 AM

good morning chicks!

Ruth - agree with the planning. I've been slacking on it. Hasn't made me go off plan yet, but I pace a lot!

Cottage - Glad you enjoyed your weekend (note: jealousy!). Enjoy the rest of vacation!

Lori - Good luck on the job search! You're far more motivated at home than I am!

Cat - finally noticed the new avatar....I like it too!! So are you saying you're like the typical New Orleanian?!

Cyndi - Have a Great time camping!! We're in the midst of trying to set up a 3 day trip next weekend. We just moved up in tents though....it's huge!!

Me - spent yesterday shopping state parks (there's a TON within a couple of hours of us!) to see where we'd like to camp. Great day for it, since it rained a lot (we passed it on to some of you!). Today: Short day of work, then probably off to lift weights, a jog, then.....boring household stuff. Grocery shopping, cleaning, working on supper. Better go to the what's for dinner thread to get some ideas!!

Have a lovely day!