Bulgur???

• Does anyone where bulgur falls in the SB world??? It is a grain but it isn't listed in the book as okay or not okay......
  • It's whole grain so I can't imagine it wouldn't be allowed. Is cracked wheat inthe book? different name, same thing
  • Since it is cracked wheat I guess you would count it the same as whole wheat or wheat berries.
  • Yup, it's OK and they have whole wheat bulgar at Bulk Barn! Tabbouleh anyone?
  • I eat it a lot. Love it hot during the winter with cinnamon etc.

And this time of the year, it's a staple in my house. I make my own version of tabbouleh with bulgar (soak for a couple of hours in water first, then squeeze dry in a tea towel), then add vinegarette dressing, olives, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, feta cheese, raw squash, bell pepper, red onions and whatever else I can find in the fridge to throw in....oh, man!!! It's even better the next day.

also good with fage greek yogurt, cucumbers and fresh dill!!!! very refreshing.
  • I was pretty sure it would be okay but just wanted to make sure ....I love tabbouleh (spell???) so nice in the summer.....thanks
  • Bulgur is a go with the Beach!

I never tried it until a couple of years ago when DH and I started SB. In the original book, there is a Phase 2 recipe for Mediterranean Chicken Salad (page 208 - soft cover). My DH prepared it and it was absolutely delicious! It totally made this dish come alive!

If you don't have the book, let me know and I'll post the recipe.
  • Recipe with Bulgur
    Hi all! I posted the Mediterranean Chicken Recipe on the SB recipe board under Phase 2 Salads.
  • Thanks
  • For a quick filling lunch I mix it with SBD friendly salsa and some black beans. Sprinkle with a little SBD friendly cheese and YUM, enjoy. It can be eaten warm or cold, but I prefer warm.

I've also mixed it with ff feta, pitted calmatta olives, chopped cucumber, chick peas, olive oil, lemon juice and a sprinkle of greek seasoning...hmmmm I think I know what's for lunch
  • Quote: Thanks
    You're welcome.

After posting the recipe, I'm gonna have to plan this on our menu for next week.