3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Not very hungry - Has this happened to you? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/146054-not-very-hungry-has-happened-you.html)

Belle Mer 07-10-2008 07:20 PM

Not very hungry - Has this happened to you?

Hi all,

I did SBD a few years ago when the book first came out, so I don't remember everything about it.

Since I started on P1 a few days ago, I haven't been very hungry. I sometimes have to force myself to eat. I'm never very hungry in the morning, but now I find that I'm not very hungry at night, either. I'm fine with the lunch meal.

I have no new ailments as far as I know, so I'd count that out for now.

I know this isn't such a hard problem to have :cool: but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else during P1?

If so, did you skip a meal, or force yourself to eat? I don't really want to force it, since I've had my carb/sugar binges in the past and really don't want to eat if I am not hungry.

Thanks in advance.

greeneyes490 07-10-2008 07:48 PM

It did happen to me and I just ate when I was hungry....some days i ate more and some less......

weezle 07-10-2008 07:52 PM

Back when I originally started Ph1 4 years ago, I was rarely hungry too. I think it was from all the hunger-satisfying foods I was putting into my body. Lots of high fiber/high protein foods that my body wasn't used to.

I will say that you need to make sure that you're getting enough calories, otherwise your body will go into hibernation mode and start keeping the pounds on because it'll think you're starving. Check out fitday.com or another such website that helps you keep track.

Belle Mer 07-10-2008 08:38 PM

Thanks. I'll make sure that I get enough calories. I just ate a little snack.

Schmoodle 07-10-2008 08:40 PM

Yes, it happens a lot, you'll see a lot of posts on this if you look. It happened to me too. It's normal, and I don't think it usually lasts.
However, weezle is right, the danger is that you might be getting too few calories, so if you feel like you haven't eaten much during the day, or if you are tracking calories and it's too low, try to eat a snack in the evening. It seems wrong to try to eat more if you are trying to lose weight, but eating enough is as important as eating too little.

zeffryn 07-10-2008 08:57 PM

I'm the same way right now. I wasn't hungry at all for dinner....but DH insisted that I eat something. He made me a blueberry/banana yogurt smoothie and soft scrambled eggs on toast. I ate about half and couldn't eat anymore.

I posted a question about this earlier...I'm kind of at a loss about why it happens.

Lulumum 07-10-2008 09:50 PM

I'm finding I don't get hungry either- I'm up to day 8 on phase 1. I'm taking this as a bonus, I'm pretty sure I'm still getting enough calories, though :).
It does make it so much easier to stay on plan when you don't have a rumbling stomach, doesn't it?

zeffryn 07-10-2008 09:53 PM

Maybe it is the heat of the summer? I know that does a number on my appetite.