South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, here's a tip, if you type the url address of 3 fatchicks into your browser address bar, be sure you don't mistakenly leave out the "3". Ick. I just visited a very nasty place.

DD2 is bored so she has been very industrious today. She cleaned my kitchen, helped me hang laundry, folded towels, dusted, walked to the PO and the track with me at lunch and urged me to jog one time around, and is now looking for more jobs, although keeping her busy has kept me busy too! Okay, I need to find one more burst of motivation and work some more until 4 when I can quit and fix some dinner to take along to hb riding and the pool. It is gorgeous here today, can't wait to get out in it.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #32  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Heather, re the plateu stuff...I hit them big time...sometimes it was over a month before I started losing again even though I never cheated. But I knew that I had to stick with it and it worked. Just let the fact that you are getting healthier be your main thought and the weight loss as a great bonus!!

My scale broke in May and I refuse to buy another one. (I really hate them and they lie and are stupid) but I weighed myself the other day at walmart and I've lost another 6 since the last time I weighed even though I pretty much just into maintainance...so that was a nice surprise...you just never know!!

On another note, I just made something yummy with a bunch of leftover stuff in the fridge:
1 can of black beans, rinsed well
chopped up red onion
chopped up bell pepper
small diced squash
grape tomotoes
a little cumin
a little creole seasoning
a little olive oil
a little garlic vinegar
juice of one lemon
a little salt
fresh black pepper
I was going to add cucumber, but it was only good for the compost..yuk

It's all marinating in the fridge now, but Terry (husband) and I both thought it was really good when we tested it.

Going to try to think of something creative a little later with a leek and a celery root...

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-10-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:56 PM   #33  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
Hi chicks, here's a tip, if you type the url address of 3 fatchicks into your browser address bar, be sure you don't mistakenly leave out the "3". Ick. I just visited a very nasty place.

DD2 is bored so she has been very industrious today. She cleaned my kitchen, helped me hang laundry, folded towels, dusted, walked to the PO and the track with me at lunch and urged me to jog one time around, and is now looking for more jobs, although keeping her busy has kept me busy too! Okay, I need to find one more burst of motivation and work some more until 4 when I can quit and fix some dinner to take along to hb riding and the pool. It is gorgeous here today, can't wait to get out in it.
Send her my way.

And about fatchicks.com? It's like seeing all of us in person instead of text.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:56 PM   #34  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post

Going to try to think of something creative a little later with a leek and a celery root...
Roast those, girl!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

In person AND in the buff!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #36  
-

Zeff, I ended up sauteing them (celery root and leeks) in a little olive oil and creole seasoning, then when they "stuck" in the pan and made yummy "brown stuff" on the bottom, I deglazed with a little wine and let it simmer for a while, then added some parmesan cheese. yum.

Will try roasting nex time!!! Oh boy, new idea!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-10-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #37  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

OK....those leeks sound so yummy!!! Wow, might have to pick some up next week and serve them over something. Regarding the celery root, I've never had it. What would I look for when I go to the store?
Old 07-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #38  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cat - Do you make your own creole seasoning or is there a mix you really like?

Heather - That's how I lost all my weight! Drove me nuts!

Off to pick up my CSA bag
Old 07-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #39  
-

Cyndi...no, I buy it...my favorite is Zatarain's

Heather, It was just labeled "celery root" in the produce section...hard booger to cut up though...I ended up putting it in the food processor. It turned out real good...I put a blob of it on top of a turkey burger patty.
I think the celery root should really cook longer than the leeks...so next time I'll start them sooner, then add the leeks later. It was kind of crunchy..but very good.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #40  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Barb, I am very sorry you and your son are going through this right now. It always makes me sad to see how nasty things can get in divorces, a child of divorced parents myself, I've seen how nasty those two can get. To this day, they still talk about eachother hatefully to their children. That's one of the main reasons why I helped my boyfriend's boyfriend's estranged wife (now ex, thank god) when she came to me, and decided to do the right thing and help them build the bridge back for their daughter's sake. Although ever since becoming involved with BF, I've had a jealousy over her... but now I see there is no need to. Once having a child together, you're in eachother's lives no matter what... and I finally grew up, matured, and realized that. Maybe your ex husband will do the same. I feel bad for you and your son that your ex is acting in such ways that are detrimental to a healthy relationship with his son (and also a healthy civil relationship with you, being that you are the mother of his child and it's important to get along for Brian's sake. It does so much damage to kids when parents act like this in a divorce, I know all too well.) It sounds like to me, you are trying to be the civil, mature one in all of this for your son's sake but he isn't. I hope for you and your son's sake that your ex grows up, gets a job, pays the support he should pay and understand why he should do so without begrudging it (my dad would b*tch about paying child support too!), and maybe get some anger managment counseling to understand why his anger could really hurt his son. Not to mention realize how it could destroy their relationship, knowing that his dad hurt his mom. I'm not religious but my 'prayers' so to speak are with ya... I wish you guys the best. I understand what it's like (I know a lot of people say this, but I really do, although I haven't been married or divorced or anything, but I've been in your son's position.) And I hope Brian gets his Wiii! How old is he btw? I know all the boys love video games, my BF is 27, his bro is 20, and they still love video games, as does my 18 year old bro. It would be really great for him to be able to get it.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #41  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hey, does anyone have a recipe for Chicken And Leeks? I see ya'll are talking about leeks. My great-aunt made this fabulous dish called chicken n' leeks, I'm sure it's SBD appropriate, and it was really delicious.
Closed Thread