South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #1  

Default 19 month old South Beacher

My mom made Chicken Divan last night from the recipe section. I barely got to eat b/c I kept having to give my DD more and more of it. She made quite the pig of herself.

I was afraid this wouldn't heat up well, but I brought it for lunch and it is pretty good! Does anyone know how it freezes?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

My son loves the south beach recipes as well. He just turned two.

As healthy as SBD is.....it isn't healthy for babies and growing children. They need the carbs to thrive...make sure you aren't restricting her carb intake just because you are restricting yours.

With my family, my husband needs carbs at every meal because he is an athlete and my DS needs carbs because he is a growing boy. Ratios of protein to carbs are very important. If I make an SBD recipe, I always make sure to include a carb - brown rice, ww tortilla, ww pita, etc.- for DH and DS. They almost always request a fruit to be served after the meal as well. Apples with cinnamon sprinkled on top is their favorite. It saves them eating sugary desserts while satisfying their sweet tooth.

When I was fully on SBD, it was hard once in awhile to pass up those carbs...but it just takes some willpower and like Nessa says "Just Say No".

Last edited by zeffryn; 07-09-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

Good point about making sure to include good carbs with children. I also make sure to give my kids a grain with each meal (whole wheat bread, brown rice or pasta) and they snack on fruit and veggies.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/168/120

Height: 5'0"

I also make some carbs for the kids to go along with the protein and veggies. its really important for their growth. I also give them fruit for dessert and snacks.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #5  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

The one thing that I really love about this diet though is that the recipes are so good that my family likes it when I make them! DH and DS have never been very picky, but I can tell that they were pleasantly surprised by this "diet food", as it usually has such a horrible stigma. MIL is on Sugar Busters and her diet food is ugh........as DS put it so bluntly, icky.
Closed Thread