South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm glad your court counselor visit went well Barb. You are an incredible woman and a perfect mother. Too bad the same can't be said about Robert. Brian sounds like he's happy and comfortable with his life now, and so do you.

Your bracelet is gorgeous, Kim! I can't wait to see more!

Everything went well this morning, and I even got the bloodwork done. I'm happy that I talked the doctor into giving me the pills to take the day before, rather than having to drink that dreaded liquid stuff. So I'm scheduled to have the procedure done on the 28th, and I promised not to cancel out this time. Nervous energy can be a blessing - I came home and cleaned out all the kitchen cabinets and the pantry and lugged two big bags out to the trash. Now everything is all nice and organized, and I even found things I forgot I had! Jake will be happy, I just put a pork loin in the oven that had been marinating in a soy-citrus marinade, surrounded by sweet potatoes, white potatoes (for Himself), onions and carrots and topped with fresh thyme. It smells divine!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #32  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

It reminds me of when my mother comes to visit

Next time I'm taking Barb's route and hiring a one time cleaning crew.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #33  

I hired a Maid Service to come in and help me for my daughter's graduation party. My arthritus was really kicking up and there was no way I was going to get the house the way I wanted it so I got some help. It was great, wish I could afford to do it more often.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #34  

Back when I had a larger house and regularly held big parties, I used this service about twice a year to do a thorough job. This cleaning will be nice since I have Brian's birthday party on Sunday and then a big Twilight Camp staff party on the 19th. It's expensive but it was well worth it. Now if I can just find a yard service.....
Old 07-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #35  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel View Post
I thought this said "I need to make a baby." !
Oh GOOD GOD no!!!! I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet! I was referring to the old "Time to make like a baby and --head out--." (Ha. Ha ha.)
Old 07-09-2008, 11:17 PM   #36  

Barb - glad it went well. I was thinking about you this morning.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #37  

Thanks, rebel, I think all the good thoughts helped.

Brian was given a basketry stool kit today that he needs to finish and then contact his merit badge counselor. He got it about halfway done. Meanwhile I'm working on a flip chart for a presentation I have to give at the Wood Badge staff development session on Saturday. It's so much more painful to do than a PowerPoint presentation but I'll give it at the second weekend on the course and we're in the back country with no electricity so I'm stuck.

At least we had time to work on these tonight since Robert didn't get Brian.
Closed Thread