South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #1  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Default Oh my GODDD! *sings* I did it, I did it! Yay! (exercise!)

Don't worry chicks, I won't post everyday about how much I exercised all the time or anything like that, that's what the July Exercise challenge thread is for, but I just wanted to excitedly rant about it just this one time, and tell you guys about this exercise DVD I did. It was goooood.

I DID 1 HOUR AND 12 MINUTES! My exercise goal is 30 minutes a day... I can't believe I did it, I'm so excited that I did. Because I kept putting it off and putting it off, and then I kept getting interrupted (the phone ringing, the cops coming to the door, wrong address btw, my cat kept getting under my feet, the baby started crying, oh what a day)... plus I had a really bad headache and I just felt tired, wore out. I didn't want to physically get up and exercise but mentally, I did, because I've made a promise to myself to do this. So, I started with 10 minutes of bicep curl reps, shoulder presses I think they're called, chest presses, tricep whatever ya call ems, then some squats holding the weight.

Then I took out this DVD that I've never used before, I got it for $1 at Target like 2 years ago, and was surprised at how GOOD this workout was. How MOTIVATING the instructor was, and he was amusing too. And HOT, like Will Smith! It was some really good cardio, similiar to Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds, but not the same cost. The moves are not too complicated, (like the choreography of The Firm tapes), for uncoordinated clumsy people like me. Although at one point it did become difficult to follow for a person such as myself, so I would just improvise, and do whatever to keep moving, such as knee lifts with my little handheld walking weights (I felt it, definitely felt it). At one point the tempo increases even more and you do really fast but short "runs" in one place, and then you slow down again for a few seconds, then do it again... I was sweating my butt off at the end and almost felt like I was gonna fall over! The DVD was 40 minutes long. It's the Absolute Body Power intermediate level with a very buff and very entertaining man named Alan.

My headache was gone, btw.

So then, I did some stretches, and then I did about 20 lying leg lifts on each side, then this exercise for your glutes I got from a glamour mag, then stomach crunches with my legs up, and then those boat pulse things that are difficult but tone your abs, lower abs, and lower back... and then I was done, and it added up to 1 hour and 22 minutes. And I felt really good and accomplished. Thought I was probably only capable of doing 30 minutes at the most, but after many interruptions, I managed to actually do 1 hour and 12 minutes! (I really surprised myself. I am quite pleased!)

I recommend that DVD if anyone can find it at Target. I bought it in the $1 section 2 years ago, and just now tried it. But you can also purchase his DVDs by emailing him at [email protected], he said at the end of the DVD.

My only complaint was that after the really intense moves at the end, he didn't wind ya down as much as he should have, like leslie sansone does. (used to have her walk away the pounds in 30 minutes tape) And there were no stretches at the end. That's okay though, there's no reason why after doing the DVD, you can't do some slow marching in place until you wind down, and then stretch. I did!

I am gonna find Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, as recommended by greeneyes I believe the name is, or something similar, and then alternate that dvd with the Absolute body power one.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 07-03-2008 at 03:32 AM. Reason: * I added my exercise minutes wrong and came up with the wrong amount of mins.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:42 PM   #2  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Way to go, Melanie!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:46 PM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good for you melanie.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #4  
Healthy mommy

Thanks you guys!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:28 AM   #5  
Healthy mommy

Oops, actually I did 1 hour, and 12 minutes, not 1 hour, 22 minutes. 10 minutes strengthening exercises, then the 40 minute video, then 22 minutes of more strengthening exercises.

Somehow, I slipped up and added 40 plus 10 and came up with an hour! Just wanted to make note of it so I don't get too overly cocky, thinking I did that much exercise, lol.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:17 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Melanie that's fabulous! I think exercise is the best thing you can do to get the weight moving and to keep it off, and you will feel great once you get past the aches and pains I never thought I'd become one of those people who have to exercise but I really miss it if I don't.

Keep up the great work!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Isn't it empowering?!?!?
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/195/160

Height: 5'8"

Yay for you!
Lulumum is offline   Reply With Quote