3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Newbie needing advice for weight GAIN on Phase 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/144945-newbie-needing-advice-weight-gain-phase-2-a.html)

RedHeadedChick 06-27-2008 02:04 PM

Newbie needing advice for weight GAIN on Phase 2

Hey, everyone! This is my first post here. My husband and I are "on the Beach", and so far we've been doing ok. This past Monday we switched from Phase 1 to Phase 2. Now, admittedly, I was so relieved to get some good carbs back in my diet that I started with what I'm realizing was a few too many (three servings of whole grain the first day and one of fruit; two servings of whole grain the 2nd day and one of fruit after getting on the scale, and trying to scale back carbs ever since), but I honestly didn't think I ate that poorly! I certainly never had anything off the plan. But while I had lost 8.5 pounds the first two weeks, now I've gained 2.5 back!!! Meanwhile, my husband went to a barbeque and ate two burgers with white buns, he had rice (not brown rice) at a restaurant one night, and he's continued to lose!!! :( I know men tend to lose weight more easily than women, and I don't begrudge him the weight he's lost. He looks better already, and I'm happy for him. But if I'm not cheating, why aren't I losing? Why am I gaining? :?:

hmacneil6 06-27-2008 02:29 PM

I'm still a little new around here, and more veteran chicks, correct me if I'm wrong, but when you add in your p2 items you do need to be careful. Are you weighing every day or is the 2.5 pound gain the total for the week. Is it your TOM? Are you getting enough water? The scale can be difficult to always count on. How are your clothes fitting? How do you feel when you look at yourself? You might want to answer those questions first. As far as your dh eating off plan and still loosing....remember that SBD restricting refined carbs is not about calories, it's more about keeping your cravings under control. Hang in there......the program works!!!

TwynnB 06-27-2008 03:29 PM

Yes...the guy at work has been on the plan 2 weeks less than I (him 6, me 8)...He's lost 22, I've lost 11...

Just not fair!!

There are others much better about describing the slow way to integrate new carbs...

Ruthxxx 06-27-2008 03:31 PM

:welcome: to The Beach. I'm sorry you are a bit discouraged but this happens frequently to folks who leap into Phase II a bit too hard. Despite what the book says, it's best to ease into it - some of us call it Phase I.5.

Check out this link for help and hints.

Isn't it provoking when men lose so much faster! :( Gotta love 'em though.

Please keep posting and let us know how things are going. We're a friendly group and there are lots of ideas and support here.

skinnybeach 06-27-2008 05:45 PM

its not uncommon to gain back a little of what you lost in water weight...don't worry. Stick to it and it will come off. men are strange creatures, we can't compare ourselves to them or anyone else. Just keep eating clean and ease into it!!