3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   How much have you lost on SB?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/144053-how-much-have-you-lost-sb.html)

greeneyes490 06-16-2008 06:45 PM

How much have you lost on SB??

Hi, I am new to this forum and have been thinking of starting the south beach super charged diet but I am affraid of removing so many different carbs etc....I am just not sure if it is realistic for me....if I go off of it will I just pile on the pounds again or just plateau? The idea of never having my favorite foods again is quite daunting to me. Also how much has everyone lost on SB? and how long did it take you? and approximately how much do u lose a week? any other info, advice etc you could give would be much appreciated...I have quite a bit of weight to lose (approx. 80-90 lbs)...............thanks :)

Schmoodle 06-16-2008 07:10 PM

The idea of SBD is not to "go on" a diet that you will eventually "go off", but to learn new healthy habits you can maintain long term. Have you read the book? It's not low-carb or lowfat, but healthy carbs and healthy fats. Once I kicked the sweets addiction, I found this way of eating very satisfying and rarely do I feel deprived. I've found that there's almost always an acceptable substitute to the thing I might be craving. Once you have lost your weight, you will need to keep eating the SB way to keep it off, but you will be able to have "treats" on occasion. But for the plan to work, I believe you do need to be willing to do some planning, expect to do some cooking from scratch, and make a commitment to getting healthy. And yes, if you go back to eating the way you normally do, you will probably gain weight back.
I've been doing it a year now and see the ticker? 62 lbs. gone for good (and counting)!:carrot: If you think SB is the right plan for you, I can tell you it works.

ladybugnessa 06-16-2008 08:19 PM

i will never go off south beach
i also still occasionally have my favorite foods.....

i started SBD May 1, 2006 and I've been taking it very slowly and i've lost about 70 pounds so far.

Natalie'sMom 06-16-2008 09:12 PM

I've lost 15 pounds this time -- in about 6 weeks. I agree it is more of a style of eating than a diet.

murphmitch 06-16-2008 10:03 PM

I lost 20# in about 13 weeks (8# in the first two weeks, then about 1-2# a week after that). I agree with the others that it is a plan for life. I have been on the Maintenance Phase III for about two months now and have lost another couple pounds even. This is the easiest, healthiest food plan I have ever been on and I've been on a lot. I was deathly afraid of starting it even though I know people who have had success on it at work. I think most of us agree that reading the book as well as checking in here often has meant success for us.

WebRover 06-16-2008 10:16 PM

I had already lost 14 pounds before SB. I've lost 25 pounds since mid-December on South Beach. I feel so much better eating like this. I don't ever want to go back.

Cannwarren 06-16-2008 11:10 PM

I'm down 52 lbs. I've plateaued for the longest time but as my husband put it, I'm doing Phase 3 really well even though I'm still in Phase 2. Even though I hit a plateau which is my own fault, this is the greatest lifestyle change I made. It made is so much easier that my husband has joined me. Since January he has lost 29 lbs. He's 11 lbs from his goal. We splurge when we need to but this is the easiest way to maintain. It really doesn't feel like an effort anymore and when we do have "bad" days, we feel so guilty and just move on.

Marathon Mom 06-17-2008 08:16 AM

I have lost 8 lbs... but more important than that is I am in control of what I eat now and have ZERO cravings for sugar & sweets... SBD works for me. I feel like I eat healthy foods 100% of the time - the only unhealthy thing I eat.. is Splenda.

I was away last weekend w/ friends - bagels, choc chip cookies, chocolates, and pizza - I didn't want any of it... :) :dance:

chronicdieter 06-17-2008 12:24 PM

I've been on South Beach for just over 3 weeks now and I've lost 11 lbs. so far. I have found this "diet" to be soooo easy. I feel full and satisfied. I love the way I eat. It's easy to go out to a restaurant and order - I can always find something that is SB "compatible." I have always been a "Salt" craver - but a bag of chips within 10 ft. of me and watch them disappear! No more. The craving is totally GONE! It is amazing to me! I am certain that this way of life is very maintainable in the long run....I am so glad that I took the plunge! Good luck to you! If you haven't yet - be sure to read the book. It makes PERFECT sense!:)

greeneyes490 06-17-2008 02:19 PM

I just bought the book at costco this afternoon and will read through it this week and then start in on monday.....I was happy to see in phase three there are no foods that are off limits (so it will make me feel better knowing if i go out for my birthday I can have a treat)....My goal is to be at or close to my goal weight by my 40th birthday (11 months away and counting :)...... I really want my 40's to be more fun and less self concious than my 30's were :).....thanks for the info....

Roz 06-17-2008 04:13 PM

I began on March 12 of this year. To date, I have lost 21 lbs. (But there were about 3 weeks that I just acted the fool, so that slowed me down considerably. It was one event after another.) For the past month, I have been faithful and the weight has been falling off again. I restarted Phase 1 one time.

lene1974 06-18-2008 08:06 AM

I started SB Feb 17th and did a clean Phase 1 and lost 8lbs (?). I lost the other 14-16lbs later. But to be honest I do indulge on things I like. There is nothing that I won't eat if I really want it. I eat on program 85% of the time (some weeks better then others) and would have probably lost a ton more if I was more consistent. I'm not in a rush and for this to be a way of life for me, it has to fit my life. Which includes a 15 month old trying to feed me her leftovers, 8 & 10 yr old who need brownies and cookies for scouts and bake sales ect. Plus I'm a cake decorator so I have carbs in my face constantly.

IMHO Greeneyes, you are beautiful already. Don't wait until your 40th birthday to embrace it. I wish you the best of luck.

Ciaran60 06-18-2008 09:30 PM

I started SB 1/2007, made my original goal which was to get to 150 and well just continued to lose in what I considered my maintenance period. It isn't a diet, you learn how to eat properly and you will find that you can occasionally indulge within reason. Afterall you do know what you have to do to pull it back together. I honestly can't imagine eating any other way.

Soon2bJWeave 06-19-2008 12:01 PM

So far I've lost 8lbs on this cycle of SBD. Back in 2004 through 2005 I lost about 60lbs on SBD. Unfortunately through 2007 and early 2008 I wasn't following it at all and I've gained back quite a bit of my weight. I'm slowly getting back down to where I was in 2005. It works as long as you follow it and treat it as a lifestyle.

skinnybeach 06-19-2008 02:07 PM

almost 30 since August 2007, but i have been on a 3 month stall that has finally broken this week!