South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #16  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Thanks Nessa, I usually don't say anything about being a smoker but I figured I need to be accountable for my quitting and my eating.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #17  
nothing can stop me.

S/C/G: 260/249/160

Height: 6.00

Goooooooood mornig chicks. already have my workout for today 6 am to 7 .30 am . feeling beter
Old 06-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #18  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Nessa, you look great!

So after a month of maintaining at 220, the scale is moving like a maniac. Gotta keep up the good work and be stricter with the diet. The past few weeks have been really tough, with meetings and flights everywhere. I've basically been off plan for 2 weeks, but making better choices where possible.

Hence why I didn't see the scale move for a month.

I had a weird shopping moment yesterday: The size 14 pants fit well, and the size 16 pants were too tight. Ah well.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:16 AM   #19  

Morning chicks!

Chilling on the couch amongst a bunch of new birthday presents. I cannot believe my little one is 3 today! The party was a hit yesterday, although everyone around here is a bit sunburnt. The party felt choatic, but the kids had a blast. I will post a few pics when I get a chance.

I am starting Phase 1 today, although we are pretty broke until Friday. It won't be the most well rounded Phase 1 ever, but I plan to make it work.

LC Good luck with quitting smoking. My DH smokes sporadically- I wish he would just quit!!

I am considering this my first day of summer vacay- we have done nothing but run around like crazy since last Friday. Next week is VBS at church, which will be a bit hectic, so I am going to enjoy this low key week. I am going to see if 25 bucks in my gas tank can last me until Friday.

Okay, back to getting this house under control!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:00 PM   #20  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone. I haven't been on 3fc since 5-22 as we were moving to our new house. I thought I'd come back to hours of catching up on posts, but I was quite surprised to see only 1 page of posts unread. I guess the system crash wiped out a bunch of posts.
We managed to do fair at staying on phase 2 during the chaos of packing & moving. I am still unpacking boxes, hanging more drapes, re-arranging cupboards & putting together shelves etc.
I'm off to continue reading posts.
Have a beachy day everyone...easy to do here with our 90-100 degree temps with loads of humidity.
Stay cool,
Karla
Old 06-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Hey gals,
I've been on phase 1 for a little over a week and am down 5 pounds. Last night and all day today I've been craving cake like crazy. Other than this cravings have been pretty tame lately...I think it's because I'm due for my period and am a little hormonal.

I've been out searching for a job (college student) and am doing my best to act confident and put myself out there. I really hate going into places and doing this, but hopefully it will be over soon. I've also been battleing a crazy heat wave in an apt with no AC. Trying to stay positive and not give in to cravings. Hopefully finding a job in an AC environment will solve my problem.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #22  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

LC, huge hugs and prayers your way! Quitting is SO HARD, but just spend all the extra time you have focused on your eating habits. I actually lost 20 lbs when I quit smoking (with the help of my SBD/WW Combo,) but I made sure to get the right foods, right amount of veggies, right amount of water, etc. My body also transformed, which sounds funny but it's true. I look a lot better at 125 as a non-smoker than I did as a smoker. My gut isn't as big. Why? I have no idea.

My Tommy is on day 7 smoke-free and is still a little cranky, even on the patch. He has good days and bad days, as did I when I quit. Sorry you're so cranky. After about Day 3 or 4, you'll start to feel better. Reward yourself for not smoking! (Just don't do it with food.) We're going to buy a big-screen TV in a few months with all the extra money we'll have from not buying smokes.

And things smell and taste so good! And eventually smoke will stink to you. I remember when I first quit, when I smelled smoke I was like SNIIIIFFFFFFFF ahhhhhhhhhh, but now I can smell a smoker a mile away and it's not as pleasant as I remember it smelling.

BIG HUGS! And keep sticking with it! I cried non-stop for the whole first week I quit, but it was worth it. Just remember it does get better, you'll be so much healthier, and have more money!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Wow it is afternoon already. Just jumping on to check in and say hi. The kids are busy at the pool and then we come home and they eat and I do some house chores then we go back for some free swim. I wore out the youngest as she is napping in the living room with 5 other kids running around and the tv on. I hope everyone is careful with whatever weather they are having..Stay cool, stay dry, and here in the southwest I am glad it is finally warming up even though it is suppose to be 107* tomorrow it is June and it is just getting here. Last week we had 2 days just in the 90's (made the pool realllllly cold.me and the kids are wimps). Smoodle thanks for the info on the dvd. I think I will get one of the newer ones and maybe a 5 mile one and work up to it. well gotta go the kids are needing to get home and then dinner to be made and an other early bed so I can get up and walk in the a.m. before swim team.

Everyone have a nice evening and a safe one,
Closed Thread