South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 06:47 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Mid-June Weekend Warbles

Suddenly June is halfway done and I still haven't finished putting away winter stuff! How the heck did that happen?

Yesterday was really jammed full. I got the rest of the plants into the ground. Boy, was it hot out there! My jazzy hairdo from Thursday just melted away. At one point, I just sprayed my whole torso with well water to get cooled down quickly. Only do this with a dark coloured top if your neighbours are around. I went to a BBQ supper which was a great way to end the day.

Today I'll spend the morning at my quilting class and am meeting my sister and cousin in town for lunch after that. Dinner tonight had better be quite light as my ticker is lying a bit this morning - fibbing might be a gentler word!

So "What's happenin' by youse?" as they say in these parts?
Old 06-14-2008, 06:57 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth

I just had that exact sensation - mid June and I haven't got all my garden seeds in.

This morning I'm off to the farmer's market in search of rhubarb. If I find it I'm going for 10 lbs because this maybe the end. Then it's errands and back home to deal with previously mentioned garden and rhubarb. The weather should be mostly nice this weekend so I may get everything done today. We are fighting the urge to go to the coast tomorrow. Two birds we haven't gotten yet at our favorite refuge. Problem is we are going next Sunday for a boat trip on Monday so it seems a wee bit excessive. Not that we ever let a thing like that stop us Let's see if we get all our chores done today first.

Great food discovery last night. I tried a new Japanese green, komatsuna, from my CSA. I served it with a tahini, lemon juice, soy sauce dressing. Very good! I will have to try that with other greens.

Wow, just realized I need a new picture. Those flowers have been gone for a few weeks now. Oops - time to get the camera out!

Have a good day Chicks

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-14-2008 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:29 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

That's why I changed my avatar this week, Cyndi. My tree peony has dropped and the oriental poppies are in full bloom. Not sure what's next - will have to wait and see. Maybe a rose?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:05 AM   #4  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Ruth and Cyndi! I am happy it is the weekend, but have so much to catch up on! Laundry, cooking, ect. But, hopefully we'll also get to the pool. Tomorrow DH and I are taking the girls to do a 5K and then celebrating Father's Day with family.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Happy weekend chicks. Yesterday was the last day of school. for the kids, for me. I never did get in here yesterday, it was one of those days, but on-plan, nevertheless. Got a nice visit from a nephew and great-niece that were passing through and I haven't seen in about a year. DD came home from school complaining about not feeling well. Sure enough she started running a fever, so had to miss a end-of-school party last night, Girl Scout's Flag Day ceremony this morning, and no swimming today. Not a great way to start the summer. DS sounds like his throat is swollen too. Today, I am going to do some cleaning, and clear off my desk. We're expecting storms, so probably no pool. Hopefully it will clear off in time for movie on the green tonight.

Ruth
my ticker is lying too, and it's really making me mad. I have been 98% on plan over the last two weeks and am actually 2 lbs more than I was 2 weeks ago. Well, I just refuse to acknowledge it or change my ticker. I am way more stubborn than a scale. I just need to mentally adjust to this weight loss pattern I'm in now - no loss for a couple of weeks, then boom, drop a few.
Good luck on the rhubarb hunt Cyndi. On account of you and cottage, I made some strawberry rhubarb compote last week, and I've been enjoying it over ricotta all week. I hope to get by the strawberry patch again this weekend to load up on the last of the berries.
Nat's Mom, all my weekends seem to end up working weekends. One day, I'd like a real weekend off...
We'll have a low key Father's Day tomorrow. I invited my Mom and Dad over for a cookout, and my friend's family may come too. DH likes to spend Father's Day at a hamfest, so he'll be out most of the day.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:01 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth- enjoy your quilting class and lunch

Cyndi- Have fun at the farmers market and good luck finding rhubarb

Nataliesmom- Have a good day and I hope you make it to the pool today.

Scmoodle- Sorry to hear that your children are not feeling well, hopefully they will be feeling better soon.

As for me I feel everyone frustration with the scale today is day 7 on phase 1and I have not lost a lb and have been following to a T. Kinda of frustrating when you weight has gone up and you are trying to get back on the straight and narrow- The only good news is I do feel great so I guess I will just go with that and not worry about the scale.

Have to take all 3 children to eye doctor for exams- DD2 needs one so she can go to kindergarten in the fall and it was time for the older two as well. After that we are going to a June Jamboree parade and maybe a rodeo. I did 90% of cleaning yesterday so only a couple of things left to do.

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #7  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!!! Happy Saturday!

Ruth - Sounds like you had a great day yesterday. The "flashdance" image gave me quite the chuckle this morning. I hope your quilting went well this morning.

Cyndi - Hope you found your rhubarb this morning. You are so creative with your veggies.....I need to pick your brain a little more.

Nat's Mom - Morning! i hope your Saturday is productive. Be sure to get some time in to relax as well.

Schmoodle - Sorry to hear that your DD is not feeling well. I hope it's contained with her and that your other children don't get sick as well. Not a fun way to start the summer. Your little smilies remind me of the Staples commercial they play in August....the song playing in the background is "It's the Most wonderful Time of the Year", Dad's skipping down the aisle, the kids are drugging behind with scowls. SO FUNNY!!!!

Pearlrose - I feel your scale pain....it SUCKS! Hope all goes well at the eye Doc. today.

Me - Plateaus SUCK!!!!!!! I am so angry that I have been at the same weight for now at least 4+ weeks. It's driving me crazy. I thought that last weekends bit o' fun might have gotten the scale moving again. But no....I have stopped at the same place I was before the weekend. In all my dieting I've never hit a plateau like this.....EVER. It bums me out!
I went to my chiropractor/nutritionist yesterday and she suggested that I eat something immediately after waking up. I think I'm going to try to find a protein powder to make a drink for me in the morning, which will also be a way to get a serving of dairy in as well. Anybody got any suggestions?
Today I'm off to the farmer's market and then tonight we're getting together with friends to play poker. Should be a good night.
ENJOY!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Howdy hi chicks! And guh'morning. I am dog-sitting again (yes, my parents went to Key West yet another time without me) but at least I'm making a little money. Have been really frustrated with the full-time job lately. I am SO ready to just skip ahead a year and not have to work retail anymore. Anybody else hear me on the retail-hating?

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. So far so good eating-wise. Mom and Dad's scale says I lost a pound but I don't trust it so I'll update my ticky when MY scale says I've lost a pound. Think I'll spend some of the day relaxing at the pool. Went out for 30 minutes the other day without sunscreen (please don't roar on me) and got fried, so I'm definitely lathering up today. I hope to have some decent freckleage going on by the end of the summer.

Well, need to check on the doglettes and hop in the shower. Hope everyone's having a great Saturday!

Lisa
Old 06-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I am now the proud, and soon to be very busy, holder of 10+ lbs of rhubarb along with first of the season strawberries. 2 lbs will get cooked for eating - one with strawberries and one with ginger. I've never done them with ginger but my friend is from Scotland and that's how her Mom made it so we're trying it too! Tonight will be pizza on the grill with grilled eggplant and asparagus on the side. Might need to cook up the beet greens too. I never have trouble getting enough veggies on my plate

Natalie'sMom - It's so funny - we look forward to the weekend all week and then end up doing chores for half of it Have fun tomorrow!

Schmoodle- Starting the summer sick is no fun! Hope they're both up and around asap.
Our strawberries are just starting. I'm going to do pick my own as soon as they open. I have big plans this year - strawberry rhubarb leather, frozen berries, and some dried too. Someone suggested powdering the dry ones to use to flavor plain yogurt and off went my brain. It's a good thing I can use my powers for good and not just evil but it's no surprise that I weighed 228 before. I do love food and cooking.

PearlRose - How nice to have chores mostly done already! I hate the stuck scale trick. Grrrrr The only good thing about it is I usually get a little drop once it starts moving again. Right before it sticks again!

hmacneil - The internet is a truly great place for recipes. I have expanded my repertoire so much just from googling the veggie of the moment. I also read cookbooks for fun and have MasterCook to save all my found faves. I think I'm not well
I have some unsweetened protein powder from the Co-op. It's spiru-tein vanilla. Ingredients look not too frightening. I really like a banana and a little greek yogurt or greek kefir early in the morning.
You sound like me - my chiropractor actually manages my health care. After all the running around with my back she is the one person I trust.

Okay, now to set the dehydrator up and get all the accumulated asparagus tips in there. I'm also going to throw a tray of greens in to see how they come out.

Have a good day all!
Old 06-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Saturday, everybody!

I've been out running all over town and country, getting ready for the big shindig tomorrow. Since Caitlyn will be going to college in Maine, we decided to have a Maine themed party for her with the traditional Maine picnic dinner, which is Lobster Rolls, chips, pickles, Whoopie Pies, and Blueberry Cobbler. We're also having hamburgers and hotdogs and the other usual BBQ stuff, too. So I had to run up Lancaster way to the bakery that Monica ordered the whoopie pies from, and that was quite a ways! I'll get the cobblers baked tomorrow, so they'll be fresh. Monica is on her way out here now, and she and Jake are going to pick up the tents and chairs and get them set up in the yard. The last count we got was to expect around 60 people. This is a combination birthday/graduation party for Caite, who will also be turning 18 tomorrow. Would you believe we're going to do this all over again for my niece who will be 18 the end of July? Are we nuts, or what?

Enjoy your day with your sister, Ruth!

Cyndi, I hope you take advantage of tomorrow and go to the coast. Have you ever been to Cape May Wildlife and Bird Sanctuary? It's one of my favorite things to do while we're at the shore. Good luck on finding rhubarb, it's scarce and expensive around here now that the season is over.

Natalie's Mom, I hope you got all your chores out of the way so you could enjoy some pool time today! Have a nice Father's Day tomorrow!

Schmoodle, I hope your kids get to feeling better! Maggie had a fever and sore throat a few days ago, and we thought for sure she was coming down with strep, but it seems to have cleared up by itself. They're having lawn chair movie night at our park this evening, too, they're showing "Over the Hedge", but we're going to skip it since we've already seen it. Have a good time and I hope you don't get rained on!

Pearlrose, the parade and rodeo sound like a nice way to spend a Saturday, enjoy!

hmacneil, I hope you find some goodies at the farmer's market this afternoon! For a yummy smoothie, I like to blend together some greek yogurt, berries, flaxmeal, and sf chocolate syrup. It's delicious, and would be good with the addition of protein powder, too.

Well, my break time is about over. Monica wants me to run to Wegman's and BJ's with her as soon and they finish setting up the tents.

Bye for now!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 06-14-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #11  

It took me a while to write my post, and I see that Cyndi managed to find the rhubarb. I bet it will be yummy with ginger, sounds good!

Have fun dog-sitting, Weezle!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:55 PM   #12  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

thanks ladies! we did get to the pool and the grocery store! so that was good. i even got my meals made and frozen for the week! but no laundry -- yet!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! I'm baaack! Jason and I pulled up to the house and had dinner and such by 7:30, so the rest of the evening will be catching up on emails and bills. Tomorrow we're catching up on the yard work, laundry and housecleaning and then we'll pick the dogs up at 4. I sure do miss our furbabies!

Well, have not had an official read on the scale yet, but it does look like quite a gain. I did walk and swim a lot, but I also ate a lot. I'll be back on P1 tomorrow to clean me up a bit. Looks like my June goal may be a long shot, but I'm sure I can still make my 1st 10% goal by the end of Aug. if I stick to it.

Well, I missed you all and can't wait to catch up on everyone! I'll be sure and post some pics soon!

~Kim
Old 06-15-2008, 06:36 AM   #14  

Good morning!

I'm glad you're back all safe and sound, Kim, and that you had a marvelous time! Knowing you, you'll be right back on track in no time and those extra pounds will melt right off. I'm looking forward to pics, don't forget!

We had some bad storms through here last night, but they've all blown out of here for today and it's going to be a nice day. I have to get cracking making the cobblers and clean the bathrooms, but everything else seems to be going according to schedule. Monica and Eric have promised to come out right after church to help set up. I'm getting excited and really looking forward to it!

Have a great day, everyone, and don't forget to honor your fathers on his special day!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:41 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Welcome back, Kim. I see lots of eggs lit up this morning and imagine the Beach Babes will all be checking in soon.

Cottage is probably scurrying around getting last minute stuff done for her grand event - or else simulposting!

I'm in overdrive this morning as my cousin Cathy is going to be here at 8. I have the first of the local strawberries ready for breakfast and am going to do turkey bacon and eggs for her. Se has to be in Montreal for lunch (2½ hour drive) so it'll be a short visit. It's just as well as Disney and I need to leave at 11 for obedience training - hers, not mine! Obedience classes will take a 3-hour hunk out of my day - 2 hours driving and 1 hour of class - but will be worth it. Disney is good but needs her manners polished up a bit.

Later this afternoon I'll do some more gardening because it looks like a grand day.

How does your Father's Day look? Cherish your Dad if you still have him and cherish your memories if he's gone.
Closed Thread