South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/228/150

Height: 5'

Default Diabetes and Phase 1

I read on another BB that the South Beach Diet website recommends diabetics, esp. those on meds, start at phase 2. Have any of you ever heard this? I tried looking on the official SB website but all it seemed to have was info on signing up for the online plan.

I have type 2 diabetes and I am taking meds for it. I'm fired up about starting (I've read a lot online but haven't bought the book yet, waiting for payday.) I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Thanks,
SavarnaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:21 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

and to The Beach.

I'm Type II as well and somewhat agree with a Phase II start. SBD has really stabilized my BGL - I test at 6.0 on the HA1C so am in good control.

The problem with Phase I can be that our blood sugars could drop too low. This was a problem with the original Phase I. However, now that dairy, tomatoes and legumes are added, Phase I could be used with careful monitoring of your BGL to ensure it doesn't drop too low.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:37 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

my best advice is to talk to your doctor. I know of one person who did p1 as a fragile diabetic but she was in daily contact with her doctor....
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote