South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 03:41 AM   #1  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

Default Advice on next week's meals?

I work third shift at a hotel (11pm-7am) and will be doing 3 nights "solo" next week because of the holiday. This means I really won't be able to leave the front desk in order to go into the kitchen to make something or to heat up anything that I bring in .... which leaves me pretty stumped as to what Phase 1-friendly meals might be good to bring in. I could always order in, but the only place that delivers salads late at night has a $10 minimum delivery order BEFORE tax and tip and I just can't afford $45 or so for 3 nights of meals. Any suggestions? I don't eat nuts and I'm not a big fan of beans, but I'm open to just about anything else.
Thanks in advance!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 06:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

If you have an ice pack and an insulated lunch box, you could wrap thin slices of turkey or ham with lowfat cheese around a celery stick, or roll them up in a lettuce leaf. Hard boiled or deviled eggs are always handy, too. You could also take along some plain, ff yogurt flavored with sf jello, or stir in some cinnamon, flaxmeal and Splenda. Cottage cheese is a good idea, too, with raw veggies as a dip. And don't forget hummus, that makes a nice dipper for your veggies.

You could take along some Phase 1 friendly soup in a wide-mouthed thermos.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:05 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

with a cooler you can pack anything. A really good salad. Actually, I take a cooler "the insulated cloth ones" to work all the time. It gives me a lot more control over what I eat. You can even buy a pre-made salad and store it in the cooler.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:42 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

soft cooler and ice packs... works perfectly.

salads even dressings and water stay cold

how about roll ups ham and cheese around cucumbers???
Old 05-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #5  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

Okay, sometimes I just don't think too well about non-work-related stuff at 3:40am! Of COURSE a cooler and ice packs and/or thermos would be the way to go! Jeepers I feel like a dork sometimes ....
Thanks for the kick in the braincells :-)
Closed Thread