3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Whats for dinner? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/142757-whats-dinner.html)

iammare 05-19-2008 12:05 PM

Whats for dinner?

I don't know what to make for dinner... sick of beef, chicken, eggplant, and shrimp. I guess I'm just getting bored with food again. Need some ideas!!! PLEASE!!! :)

DH will eat just about anything... it's just me who is bored.

Thanks!

jillybean720 05-19-2008 12:10 PM

I'm probably not much help since we literally eat chicken at least 5 nights a week :p Tonight is chicken and broccoli with ginger and sliced almonds.

How about some turkey burgers? I LOVE them, especially with cheese and bacon (either lower sodium bacon or center cut for reduced fat--wish it could be both).

Or you could maybe splurge and do sea scallops-YUM!

I'm boring--we eat the same things ALL the time, and mostly just chicken since I don't care for many other meats.

CyndiM 05-19-2008 12:42 PM

Grilled portabello "burgers" with a dab of last summer's pesto on Ezekiel buns, cauliflower wither steamed or roasted

Kim_Star060404 05-19-2008 12:46 PM

We're having Meatball Casserole with baked zucchini and salad with homemade vinaigrette.

femmecreole 05-19-2008 12:50 PM

Hmm, I can't help since we are having leftover chicken fricase (sic?) with brown rice and leftover cauliflower and leftover marinated tomatoes and cucumbers.

But, don't forget about pork...how about thin cut pork tenderloins? So many ways to fix them!

hmacneil6 05-19-2008 01:50 PM

We're having Schezwan Shrimp w/ Brown Rice (There's a great recipe for it under entrees Phase 1. Also, there's a great website/blog: Kayln's Kitchen that had a whole lot of great recipes, the list is quite extensive and the recipes are categorized well.
http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/

TwynnB 05-19-2008 01:57 PM

Mmmmm...I'm having scallops tonight!! Yippee!! I planned our menu in advance, so I actually have all the groceries already...

Mon - scallops provenale (off allrecipes website)
Tues - chicken and black bean chili
Wed - Chicken Teriyaki with rice
Thurs - spaghetti (with sweet italian turkey sausage)
Frid - Chxn and veggie pockets on the grill

I can't wait to try tonights!!!

Marathon Mom 05-19-2008 02:22 PM

Baked Tilapia Parmesan w/ baked sweet potatoes and tossed salad

Last night I made burgers on the grill. It was my first time having burgers without the roll... I wasn't sure if I'd be satisified... I had lettuce tomato, onion, pickle and veggie burger on my plate w/ low sugar ketchup and mustard - it was delicious. I was highly satisifed.

zeffryn 05-19-2008 02:28 PM

We're having a healthier version of Shepherd's Pie. Adding more veggies: eggplant, zucchini, and edamame instead of green peas. Turkey instead of ground beef and mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes. I also think we'll have some brussels sprouts on the side. I usually do two veggie sides, but since there are so many veggies in the main dish I think I'll stick to one.

Tomorrow is black and white bean soup. I've already started soaking the beans this morning and I'm going to cook them off tonight.

TwynnB 05-19-2008 03:42 PM

Ohhhh...what's the black and white bean soup??!!?? I LOVE black beans!! (I've made straight black bean soup, which is excellent!!)

Soon2bJWeave 05-19-2008 03:51 PM

Tonight we're trying the Mahi-Mahi with Citrus from the Quick and Easy SBD Cookbook. We're also trying the cauliflower recipe in there to try something other than just salad as a side dish. I'm looking forward to it!

The rest of the week has us making Pork Satay, Chicken stuffed with Goat Cheese and Spinach, and a night of leftovers. I'm excited for great dinner meals!

zeffryn 05-19-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwynnB (Post 2208358)
Ohhhh...what's the black and white bean soup??!!?? I LOVE black beans!! (I've made straight black bean soup, which is excellent!!)

It's from the second SBD cookbook.

black beans, white beans, onion, poblano pepper,celery, garlic, thyme, chili powder, cumin, and sage. I've never made it before, but I love black bean soup so I thought I would give this a try.

TwynnB 05-19-2008 08:42 PM

Oh...my...gosh.

Our scallops were FANTASTIC. Who needs a fattening, high carb supper?!?

hmacneil6 05-20-2008 09:33 AM

Dinner tonight is Blue Moon Burgers. Ground sirloin patties w/ blue cheese inside and then soaked in red wine for a few min. before going on the grill. We'll have WW buns (I'll probably eat my open faced) w/ sautéed mushrooms and a big green salad.

cottagebythesea 05-20-2008 09:56 AM

Mmmmmmm! That sounds delicious, hc! I'll have to try that with ground turkey sometime, since I don't eat red meat.

This evening we're having Black Bean Soup with a big green salad. I'm really hungry for some good soup, so I can't wait!