3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   20 lbs down and doing the happy dance!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/142531-20-lbs-down-doing-happy-dance.html)

JerseyGirrl 05-16-2008 11:34 AM

20 lbs down and doing the happy dance!!!

I've finally hit the 20 lb mark yesterday!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot: So i rewarded myself by going to get my nails done. I got tips and wraps with a french manicure...I haven't done that in a long time and it is amazing how something as small as your nails can make you feel so much prettier and feminine.

So what are the little things you ladies do to help feel better and boost self confidence?

Schmoodle 05-16-2008 11:39 AM

Congrats on the 20 lbs!
I am not good with the pampering and primping stuff. I just don't make the time for it. I do reward myself with little presents though, things I want - books, clothes, etc.

amasam 05-16-2008 11:56 AM

I get massages and facials regularly. Not as much as a reward for an amount lost, but because they make me feel better - inside and out. I save a certain amount of each paycheck in order to be able to get them and have it not affect that week's budget - they are already planned for! DH has his little splurges as well, so it all works out in the end.

Ally

zeffryn 05-16-2008 12:00 PM

I tend not to reward myself with monetary things....usually I'll have a special family picnic at our favorite park, or a hike at a great hiking spot. It makes me feel great!

If I do reward myself by buying something, I usually go to the health food store and look around and buy things that I usually wouldn't buy. Or, I treat myself to a day of consignment shopping. Money really isn't the issue, but we're trying really hard to save save save right now. I've always been thrifty and with all the great consignment places in town, it's a blast trying to find the really great stuff!

SkinnyDogMom 05-16-2008 01:13 PM

Congrats on the 20 lb loss!!!
I bought new work out clothes when I hit 20 lbs down. When I get to 30, I think I will get a new hairstyle/color. I don't do nails, except an occasional pedi. I can't wear gels/wraps etc, there is a risk of fungal infections from falsies, nurses and other hospital workers are not allowed to wear them per the CDC. I do occasionally let them "clean up" my cuticles, otherwise I do my own fingernails and use a buffer on them to make them shiny.

JerseyGirrl 05-19-2008 12:34 PM

Thanks ladies!!

Skinny...i used to use a buffer too..and they'd look really nice and shiny...I can understand why they don't let you wear fake ones..the fungal infection thing always freaks me out a bit, but I make sure I scrub down really good and follow up with hand sanitizer.

ladybugnessa 05-19-2008 12:36 PM

congrats on the 20 pounds. my next reward is at 200 pounds, i'm getting a new tattoo...

JerseyGirrl 05-19-2008 12:41 PM

thanks nessa...as soon as I hit goal weight I'm getting a tattoo also if I don't chicken out!!!!! lol

hmacneil6 05-19-2008 02:00 PM

I usually don't reward myself because I'm making this a change of life idea, but I will pamper myself every once in a while for a job well done. My favorite thing is a new workout outfit. It usually makes me feel better about my body and inspires me to do more.

mary83 05-19-2008 04:12 PM

Congratulaions, JerseyGrrl!! You DESERVE to be pampered...enjoy every minute of your manicure!!! I reward myself by buying a makeup or skincare item, or a new piece of clothing. I WANT to reward myself with icecream, and plan on doing so when I reach my ultimate goal...icecream is the treat I miss the most on SBD!!

tdiprincess 05-19-2008 08:39 PM

Congrats!! Let's see my reward... generally I go shopping.. when its a mini goal I go to a consignment shop as I know I'll be losing more sooner or later.. and I like consignment shops!! And I think once I do reach my goal I will go out shopping for a couple new outfits...
I don't get nails done...I LOVE pedis, so maybe I'll get that done when I get down to my goal.. When I get my fingernails done, I let them clean up the cuticles, shape and then paint.. I DO NOT DO FAKES!!! My nails are very weak and when the fakes come off they wreak havoc to my nails for quite a while... :(
But that's what I do :D

pamatga 05-20-2008 01:37 PM

Congrats on the 20 lbs gone

I rewarded myself recently with two new bras. My ultimate reward when I am goal weight is new boobs. :woohoo:

Again :congrat: Jerseygirll on a job well done!:carrot:

JerseyGirrl 05-20-2008 03:47 PM

Thank you ladies!!!

Pamatga..new boobs??? I LOVE IT!!!! LOL

mommamurray 05-20-2008 04:09 PM

Congrats on the 20 lbs!!!!! I want a tattoo too.. I cant seem to bring myself to buy too many new clothes yet.. I do go to thrift stores for new jeans.. I have bought a few new shirts..

jandaman 05-21-2008 07:32 AM

you go jersey girl!! pamper away cuz u deserve it :)

enjoy ur new feminine nails-want to get a pedicure when i drop another 5 lbs (even though i could use it now*grin*) and am also planning on getting a tat when i reach my goal weight. do you have any ideas for yours yet?

cheers

jan