Rev up? Rev down???

• Ok, so here's my dilema. I reached my goal a couple of months ago. My goal was a size 6 and not a weight. BUT I still want to lose about 15-20 lbs. I still have some extra poundage around my tummy/butt that has to go. But I have not lost any weight in a while. No cheating....well, VERY RARELY.

So, here's my dilema. I'm trying to decide if I should do a kind of modified phase 1 or do a "stuff myself with junk" for a couple of days to shock my body out of this plateau.

Opinions? I kind of lean towards the phase 1 thing...but I have no cravings for sweets etc. I usually bring an apple to work for a snack and today brought 1/2. I usually have a turkey/spinich sandwich on ezekial or flatout for breakfast and today I just had 2 eggs on top of some raw spinich.
  • actually what you need to do is increase your exercise.
  • the "stuff yourself with junk" sounds like more fun.
  • I exercise an hour every morning...either fluidity or callenetics. Then another 45 minutes to an hour doing yogilates in the late afternoon...almost 2 hours a day.
  • Cat, I'd be afraid of the stuffing yourself approach. I'd either make myself feel ill, or not be able to stop once I got started. I'd also be worried about cutting back too much.
    I think changing things up can help though, so if you are a creature of habit like me, maybe varying your food choices. Or trying different types of exercise than you've been doing. I know you don't like jumping, but you don't have to jump in WATP. Just a thought.
  • Yeah, maybe so Schmoodle. I think I'd get desperately ill if I put a glob of mashed potatoes in my mouth. I DO have peanut butter almost every day...may cut that out for a while. My meals are pretty varied, but snacks are pretty much the same every day.
  • I went back on phase I for one week after having a lot of snacks one weekend (kind of stuffed myself) and it helped me lose the last few pounds I was working on. Even just 5# makes a difference when your close to goal. I would think changing your exercise routine would help too. Maybe your body would respond if you changed things up a bit and challenged yourself with something different: weights, cardio. I don't know much about yoga or callinetics but I think if you tried the elliptical, recumbent bike or something like that it would give your body a new kick.
  • Zeff's answer is awesome!! Stuffing is more fun. But, you should probably change things up a bit... get a variety with snacks. change nuts. maybe lower your serving of nuts.
  • Try cycling.....it's a butt kicker
  • Cat...do you do the "yogailtaes" on your own or do you go to a class here in town? I usually don't get back in town from work unti llate...between 530-6...and am curious to see if there's anything out there! I've been doing my elliptical everyday...well except for the weekend, and joined a gym in franklinton, where I work!

Congrats on reaching your goal size!! That's amazing!! How long did it take you? I'm sure you'll get the rest shaped up in no time!
  • Thanks for the advice everyone...I'm going to start changing up snacks and see if that helps.

Mandy, I bought a video of yogilates and do it at home. (actually 3 videos) I was really thinking about joining North Cypress gym this summer, but not sure...kind of expensive if I don't go,but the new place looks so cool! It took about a year to reach my size goal.