South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 12:42 AM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Default critique my sample meal plan

Sunday: DAY 1 (phase 1)

Breakfast: 2 eggs w/ turkey bacon. side of broccoli. (excited to eat this ahaha)

Snack- fat free Mozarella cheese stick

Lunch- chicken salad tossed with shredded fat free cheese. with sliced zuchinni

Snack- Serving of cashews

Dinner- Mashed "potatoes" w/ grilled chicken

Dessert- Maybe two sticks of gum or one of those cheese desserts they have in the original book.

Seems about right to me but I always manage to do something wrong..

Does it matter what times you eat this stuff? I could get my book but it's in my mom's car and I'm lazy haha. So like every 2-3 hours, I eat?

Just out of curiousity, do you guys plan out what time to eat everything or do you kind of wing it when you get hungry?

Last edited by sweetlovin; 04-27-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You can eat whenever you are hungry and whatever you want, as long as it's SBD friendly. You should add some dairy to your menu (and that doesn't include cheese), and also include some legumes. Also, remember to eat at least 4 1/2 cups of vegetables. These guidelines will help you stay satisfied and prevent you from getting the headachy, tired feeling (SBD flu), that many people experience around their 3rd or 4th day of following this plan. And don't forget to drink your water!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-27-2008 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:54 AM   #3  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Another comment here to increase the vegetables. Some suggestions for that:
Add a serving of raw veggies to each of your snacks (bell pepper strips, cherry tomatoes, radishes, celery, whatever you like), have 2-3 raw veggies with your chicken salad - you've got zuchini there, but I'm not sure if the chicken salad is veggies with chicken on top or chicken & mayo, and have 2 side vegetables with your chicken for dinner. You say mashed "potatoes" so I'm guessing you could be referring to cauliflower. So that would be one vegetable. You can easily add another one.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:08 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i'd up the veggies
i see no beans
i see no dairy
Old 04-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #5  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

like others have mentioned, the veggies should probably be more.....maybe another serving of veggies at both lunch and dinner and a serving at snack times? Throw more veggies into your chicken salad. One of my favorite salads is canned tuna, plain ff yogurt instead of mayo, red bell peppers, onions, and whatever else veggies we have on hand. I usually add some cannellini beans as well. It's great and very filling

As far as the ingredients you have included, they all sound really great. I'm going to assume that you're doing P1? All the things you have planned sound like they are P1 friendly, although I don't see the actual ingredients....but if you stick to your food lists, you shouldn't really have a problem.

Good luck! It sounds like you're on the right track.

Dessert or snacks could always be plain ff yogurt. I know it sounds bland, but try mixing in a little crystal light powder, it actually tastes really good.

Maybe in the chicken salad, you could add some beans for fiber. White beans make it a great italian/french dish and black beans could make a lovely latin inspired dish. They will increase the protein, add very few calories, and give you the fiber to keep you full longer than simply meat protein alone. Also, beans + meat protein = complete protein.......also, lentils and brown rice do the same....but save that for P2.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #6  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Remember to get your dairy in. Like the ladies have said find some way to include dairy that is not cheese. If you have decaf. coffee or tea in the morning add some lf or skim milk or even FF half & half. The ricotta creams are good for an evening snack. My suggestion, again, is to add some FF half & half to them to make them more creamy. And lastly, you've got to get veggies w/ your snacks. Cut up mushrooms, red peppers, celery....what ever you can to add veggies.
I forgot one other thing. I ALWAYS have a green salad w/ my dinner. It helps to ensure that I have all my veggies in and helps to keep me full through the night.
GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 04-27-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #7  

I decided I'm not counting today. I'll start day 1 tomorrow. I ate pretty healthy but still not quite SB.

I do need to eat more vegetables and add more dairy. I guess I forgot about that. So new menu

Breakfast:
"pancake" (see recipes) with sugar free syrup and plain yogurt.
cup of coffee w/ skim milk (dairy serving)

Snack- Skim Mozzarella stick w/ bell pepper strips

Lunch- Grilled Chicken. Lettuce w/ broccoli and grilled zucchini

Snack- Cashews

Dinner- Beans, broccoli, smashed cauliflower with chicken or fish (depends)

Dessert- plain yogurt and cottage cheese with fat free syrup, splenda (kind of like oatmeal?)

I am having trouble figuring out what to eat for dessert because I'm really not a dessert person. I never eat dessert really.

Here are the veggies i bought/have
--------

cauliflower
zucchini
eggplant
green beans
spinach
broccoli
tomatoes
onions
green peppers
celery
a variety of beans

For dairy I have milk and yogurt.

Any better?

Better Preplan for tommorrow
Old 04-27-2008, 09:55 PM   #8  

you can eat zuchinni raw right? I am doing that tomorrow for school lunch.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

you don't need to eat dessert if you don't want it.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:58 PM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Yes, you can eat zucchini raw. It's good in salads. Although, the women in Korea FREAKED OUT when I was giving it to my kids raw. I figured out it had something to do with the pesticides/fertilizers they use. They don't eat much raw.

Good luck tomorrow!

Kara
Old 04-27-2008, 11:52 PM   #11  
beachin'

Kara, Koreans don't use the same standards as the US when it comes to food sanitation. It is the same in China and Japan. It is particularly bad with meat and produce........be sure to wash it.....very, very, very well
Old 04-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Yes, we knew. We did all our produce shopping at the commissary on base and I'm a vegetarian so I don't buy meat anyway! It was just a funny story about the zucchini. A group of older women literally ripped a piece of zuchhini out of my daughters' hands and threw it away! It took me awhile to figure out what they were saying with my VERY limited Korean, but the message finally got across. Now it's just another "Remember when we were in Korea and..." story.

Kara
Old 04-28-2008, 12:03 AM   #13  
beachin'

I spent some time in China about 5 years ago. It was definitely a different world. Here, if you eat an apple without washing it....it usually isn't a big deal....there, if you eat an apple without washing it, you could be looking at death. I'm not sure what I got it from, but I had listeria really, really bad when I was there. Ugh.

Now THAT is a way to lose weight!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

in the oriental countries there are many parasites that we don't face in America. There the people are careful, but their bodies are accustomed to the parasites. It won't always do what it would to us..
and yeah..I go with everyone on the more dairy and veggies. I generally do mostly raw veggies (the DH is not a fan of cooked and its easier) Usually breakfast I slice some up and then lunch and dinners are generally salad and a side veggie.... and you can add one serving of V8 a day to supplement. But only once a day does it count as a veggie...
I LOVE THE MOCK PANCAKES!!1 They are yummy..and honestly one reason I don't like reg. pancakes is that they take too long to cook... I like the mock ones...they cook quick because of the eggs
When I started I wasn't getting enough dairy.. and I have increased the veggies for snacks.. that helps fill up a bit more....
Old 04-28-2008, 06:39 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! How to get off topic.

Sweetlovin, please post in the Phase I starters thread when you are officially on Phase I but remember all this good advice.
Closed Thread