I had my first trip ever to Trader Joe's....

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • and I'm IN LOVE!!!! At first, I was a little disappointed when my bf and I pulled up because it looked pretty tiny compared to what I had imagined, but once we were inside I was like a little kid in a candystore..only a much healthier and affordable one!! I found quite a few things that I can't find in my regular supermarket and some things that I can't afford in my regular supermarket that were so much cheaper there. I stocked up on frozen fruit that is normally 3.50-5.00 per bag at my local grocers. At TJ's it was only 1.99 per bag and the bags seemed to be more full. I bought quite a few things and still stayed under $50. If I bought everything that I bought there in my local store I would have easily spent $80-$100 big ones! I'm so jumping on the TJ bandwagon! I'm sure I'll be out there at least once a week.
  • No TJ's up here. One of these days.......
  • I love TJ's! There is one about an hour away from me. I stop at it on the way home from visiting family. But I just found out that there is going to be one opening in my town in October. I can't wait!
  • Yay! Glad you had so much fun!

Kara
  • I am jealous!! I love it too but we don't have it here!
  • I'm sooooooooooo jealous.
  • Quote: No TJ's up here. One of these days.......
    Ruth come visit me and I'll take you to mine!
  • They are adding quite a few new locations..you can check the website http://www.traderjoes.com/locations.asp to see if the will be opening one near you. I hope they spread like wildfire! If not, you ladies can send me a list and I'll fed-ex your order to ya since I fell in love with the place!
  • I LOVE TJ's! I get most of my food there. It's much cheaper for a lot of things! Esp. LC cheese.

NESSA (I hope you read this thread ) I went to TJ's yesterday looking for the whole wheat pizza dough you posted about. I didn't see it. I only saw a white flour dough and wheat dough. It had whole wheat flour but the first ingredient is wheat flour. Is that the one you were talking about or did I miss the real whole wheat one?
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE TJ's it is the best!!!!
  • Quote: I LOVE TJ's! I get most of my food there. It's much cheaper for a lot of things! Esp. LC cheese.

NESSA (I hope you read this thread ) I went to TJ's yesterday looking for the whole wheat pizza dough you posted about. I didn't see it. I only saw a white flour dough and wheat dough. It had whole wheat flour but the first ingredient is wheat flour. Is that the one you were talking about or did I miss the real whole wheat one?
    very very weird. you are the second person in CA to tell me they can't find 100% whole wheat pizza dough.... I'd ask about it the next time you are there.
  • Quote: very very weird. you are the second person in CA to tell me they can't find 100% whole wheat pizza dough.... I'd ask about it the next time you are there.
    I have never been able to find it here (CA). I thought it was weird that Nessa would have their wheat dough!
  • It's aggravating that the closest one is in Atlanta. That is entirely too far to drive for a grocery store....although I do have a friend moving to Atlanta in a few weeks. A great opportunity to visit the grocery ....err....her.
  • I live near Madison Wisc. and we got one about a year ago there. It is really cool to shop there BUT they also have some items that aren't SB friendly that would be tempting. Reading this post though, think I should take a ride and check them out again.
  • Quote: very very weird. you are the second person in CA to tell me they can't find 100% whole wheat pizza dough.... I'd ask about it the next time you are there.
    I'm in Southern California too, and I've asked and been told by TJ that they don't have it anymore, couldn't say if it would come back. That was at least a couple months ago, and they still don't have it

I may owe my success to living a couple miles from a TJ