South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #16  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks so much everyone for the welcome and the advice! And all along I thought I was doing a good thing since it was sugar-free! Oh well! You learn, right? I will dump it and I love some of the alternative suggestions. I will have to splurge on a SF syrup...hmmm...

Now it is off to tackle breakfast!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #17  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Is it Monday already

I had a great anniversary weekend! We stayed at a spa resort on the beach about 45 minutes from where we live - the weather was beautiful! Saturday we did some walking and jogging on the beach and before leaving we did some power runs up the sand dunes. The weekend just seemed to slowly slide by - I loved it.

Cottage your morning start sounded a bit like mine

Cat i love your pics - mekes me want to go to these places

Schmoodle glad the bday party turned out - Happy birthday to your daughter

Welcome Nataliesmom

hello and good morning to everyone else - will be back later to check in
Old 04-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Dr. A is on The Today Show right now, talking about the new book.

Fluffy!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:42 AM   #19  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Dr. A is on The Today Show right now, talking about the new book.

Fluffy!

ugh I'm at work... tell us what he says.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:47 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning everyone. Another work-day fly-by for me. Boss-man was out fighting fires all weekend and couldn't come in to catch us up, so we're behind already. (Terrible to come into work on a Monday and already behind. Sigh.) But that can't be helped, those poor firefighters have it rough. Out all weekend and then back to work on Monday.

It was 29* out when we left for work - not unusual, but everyone has to have planted by now, so we'll see what happens. I'm fairly certain that because I planted rather late on Saturday that my little herb seeds were still dormant. I think the Parsley was already "awake" because you do have to soak the seeds before planting, but I'm hoping the rest are fine. I wish I could have started them inside, but there's just not room. So, I'll just let them be until the last possible day I think they could pop through before I replant. Sigh again. Not the greatest Monday for all of us...
Old 04-28-2008, 10:03 AM   #21  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Cottage - hope your tummy feels better

Cat - It sounds like you had a great time. I have to get back to the French Market soon. I miss it. Maybe for Mother's Day

Ruth - Don't you hate that? I have some things like that happening around here lately, as well. It makes me feel crazy! Thankfully seeds aren't very expensive in case you do have to replace them.

Cyndi - It's gotta be because your greens are the fruits of your labor. Unless you grew your chocolate too.....and if that is the case....BRAVO! But since it probably isn't, eating something that you grew is exciting! Good work! Mustard greens are awesome!

Btw, what is a cold frame?

*sigh* I wish I had room for a big ol' garden.

Fluffy - Great job! AND in the rain, no less.

It's a beautiful day here today. DS just got a tricycle from his grandma, so we'll be out riding that. It has a handle so that I can push and steer for him. He really enjoys riding it. Other than that, I have to get cleaned up from this past weekend. We had so much going on with my mom being in town and Festival International that I just overlooked a ton of things. Back to flying today....and back to SB! I'm so ready to have more energy! No more laggy days from crappy food.

Last edited by zeffryn; 04-28-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:11 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
ugh I'm at work... tell us what he says.
Nothing that we didn't already know. In the new book, the food lists will be revised to add some new things, and he talked about the importance of exercise . He stressed that upping your exercise routine, rather than cutting calories, is the key to breaking out of a plateau.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all,
Just dropping by with a quick one. DH got a new keyboard for the computer so I am finding it hard to type on a straigt and smaller key board I swear they moved some of the keys they aren't where they are suppose to be.

Another weekend is gone by so fast. I could use one more day maybe even just another 12 hours. Monday has started and the kids are ready to go just waiting on me.... Busy day as always, softball practice of DS2 and soccer game for DS1, report due on Friday for DD1(she hasn't even read the darn book)and DD2 is just hanging on for the ride. Well gotta go I am trying to check in daily it seems to help me stay focused.

Have a great day and a safe one.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #24  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Hi Everyone! Good morning, good monday! Anyone heard from Jandaman lately? She wasn't doing so well with her health, and then hasn't been back in a while. I've been lurking, but haven't had a whole lot to say, things have been busy. But good! After following Nessa's advice, I've been doing a P 1.25 while transitioning into a P 1.5, and then I'll slowly go into a P 2. But I went clothes shopping on Saturday, and was amazed to see that I've dropped 2 pant sizes! I can actually fit into clothes at the Gap!!! Holy Cow! For a 27 year old, that's amazing.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi. You guys are such an inspiration, even if I'm only browsing the threads.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #25  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Phxsunflower - That really helps me stay accountable as well. Just knowing that you have to check in with someone always makes me feel a bit more responsible.

uscarchie - Congratulations! You're going to be down to that goal weight in no time
Old 04-28-2008, 10:47 AM   #26  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

good morning. Just a quick stop and hello. Gotta get cleaning. Leo is at the gym while i get to stay home and clean. what fun!!! Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend-----fluffy, you're not the only who loves Mondays. I do too.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:56 AM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning chickies!!! Wow you'll have been busy this morning.

Hope the rest of your days go well. Dr A is supposed to be on Fox News on the 30th but don't know the time. Probably will be saying about the same as today.

I am feeling better today less bloated so I am sure that is because of TOM coming. I have decided to do phase 1.5 (LOL) and see if that gets rid of this plateau... also will try to up my exercise level and change up my routines more for next month.

I envy all of you green thumbs...just don't have it...so I will live through you
Old 04-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #28  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Old hen checking in.

Weekend here has been a pain with the heat - 100 degrees out and 90 degrees inside. The window air conditioner in the front room is out so tomorrow a repairman is coming to fix it. But by then the temps will be back down in the 60's. Oh well. At least, I'll be ready for the next heat wave.

Today, I will go run errands during the worst of the heat. Maybe I'll go to the library and browse just to stay cool. My poor pup has done nothing all day but sleep, and would you believe, he is back asleep again. He is not a high energy dog, but I thought he'd be bouncing around while it is cool - but no, asleep again.

When it cools down, I have a couple rose bushes to plant. Just hope the gophers don't eat up the roots. Someone gave me a gopher repellant thing that takes a few batteries so I'll try it and see if that works.

Cat, I've been to the Big Easy twice but for just a day or so each time. I do love the cuisine there - maybe someday I'll get to go back and revisit.

Have a lovely day.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:00 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

I used to love Mondays when I stayed at home and wasn't working full time. Everybody went away and left me alone, it was great! Now it's my most hated day, back to work and always a telecon first thing in the morning, bleh...

cottage, at Hershey now they have "chocolate world" that is just outside the gate to the amusement park. It has stores and eateries, a hands-on kids area, and a ride that takes you through factory-like displays and shows the manufacturing process. But I think the closest you can get to the real factory now is to ride the monorail which goes right past it.
cheesy butternut squash sounds good today. I copied a recipe last week for mac and cheese with butternut squash in it. It only had half as much pasta as usual and I thought with ww noodles, I could make it beachy and maybe fool the kids too. Post your recipe if it turns out well.
Nessa, I didn't know you had one that old. My oldest DD just turned 21. Is your DS married? I am looking for someone to take her off my hands...
Way to go on the NSVs uscarchie and fluffy!! You guys rock!

Good morning the rest of you chicks! Must get back to work now!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:26 AM   #30  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Nessa, tell you what, if you come to visit, I'll have a beignet with you..well, maybe a 1/2 of one. (I think a whole one would make me pretty sick)
Closed Thread