South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:27 AM   #16  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I can neak on dh's work computer this AM as mine is still being mended! I made a flax "cookie" last night as I am out of all vehicles to get my flax in they are ph 1 compliant but kinda bland! When I tweak them better I'll post the recipe.
This time next week I'll be back at work ARG!!! but it will be good.
For all he shave/wax debate I'm getting my brows de-gorrillad this AM in the winter I let my legs and pits go. Poor DH! in the summer I'm OCD about my pits at least

in NSV news lol I got hit on by a 20-something guy yesterday!!! he told me I was Hot(and young!) ! I thusly told him I was married and very flattered.
I have to motor get some coffee and get my rising late butt in the shower!
Kierie
Old 04-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #17  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks. I was finally able to go back to sleep after leo left for work. No kids woke up this time woo hoo. Leo will be doing nights again next week so hopefully I'll get alittle more sleep next week. Everyone is so chatty today. can't keep up with everyone. I have a lunch with my best friend today. Very excited. She's always fun to be around with and we just have so much in common and have had many similar experiences in life. She's from Hawaii also but we met here in houston. I was trying to really stay on plan today or at least eat really good because July is coming and I want to get to my goal by then. If I have time, I will probably go walking with the kids this morning. Yesterday our female dog got loose. Our fence in the back is broken and Leo put a board to cover the hole and she learned how to knock down the board and got out. Luckily she knows how to get to the front door or else I wouldn't even know where to start looking for her.

No brazilian wax for me but gotta do some major shaving. I can't shave my legs everyday. My skin is way too sensitive.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:30 AM   #18  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies, Happy Friday!!!!

Cottage - Good morning, thanks for getting us started. Hope you find something fun to do today. I'm sure that Maggie will love what ever you do.

Cyndi - You don't shave anything.....that's a bold move. But if it works for you, than more power to you!

Cat - Enjoy you're new yoga class. I'm so jealous that you have cucumbers from your garden. Home grown veggies are the best!

Ruth - So glad to hear that your Yard Man is working out for you. It's nice to have someone that you trust to work with so that you don't constantly have to be looking over his shoulder.

Kara - Ok....so being new to the group, are you a reserve who's going to Germany for a stint? Are you taking your whole family. I know I'm late to the party but I'd love to hear a little more about it.

Nessa - Glad to hear that your all cleaned and spiffy. I LOVE getting my hair cut. It makes me feel so much more fresh!

Schmoodle - So Ozzie's been reading how everyone liked him and it's now gone to his head. I'd love to know where you heard that because I'd like to read the article. and btw......Natalie is a little koo-koo!!! She was freaking me out last night.

Mare - Congrats on the scales purchase. May they be an ally and friend on this journey.

Gonnabe - Have a great weekend away!

ME: Quiet Friday at work. We've got a big review coming up this Wednesday and I'm going to be a conference on Monday and Tuesday in Palm Springs, so I have to get my office cleaned up and just tie up some odds and ends. Tomorrow I'm at the USO in the morning, so tonight I don't think we'll be doing a whole heck of a lot. Tomorrow we're also getting together with friends for lunch. Anyhow....I'm babbling. I hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend!
ENJOY!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:58 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Weeeeeeeh! Run-by posting for me! Deadlines to meet this afternoon and not enough staff in to meet them!!! Argh!

Have a good Friday, chickies!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:01 AM   #20  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Hi. How about an old hen on the Beach??? This is my 3rd day on SB and so far, I love it. So much better than all the other programs I've tried.

Cat, can you send some cukes my way? I love them but forget to buy them when I'm at the store. I did have a couple artichokes this week - they were such a treat when I was growing up - many, many years ago. I try to grow stuff in my little patch of dirt, but all I am doing is feeding gophers.

Kara, I hope you have a wonderful time in Germany. I was in Austria on my 65th birthday almost 7 years ago and loved it. Flew into Munich, then took the train to the little town we were staying in. I'd love to go back. And the trains are wonderful - cheap and clean.

Today is errand day - supposed to get hot and my air conditioning is broken - can't get a new one for a month or so. Good time to get out. I am losing like 1/2 lb. at a time but every little bit helps, and I feel so much better.

Have a lovely day.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:04 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kathleen, we need us old hens on the Beach to keep these young pullets in line!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Good morning, everyone.

I went for a walk today with my daughter in the stroller, instead of my jog. I took a different route, and neglected to realize it was ALL uphill the whole way out - this brutal, gradual incline that never let up. My jogging route is up and down all the way out - a nice break for my screaming legs. Well, I was quite winded after pushing 35lbs of DD around in that stroller. We went farther than I jog, so I think overall it was the same amount of effort. I'm noticing less jiggle as I wiggle.. I can't say I've been on-plan, but I have been making sure I don't overindulge, and I'm doing my best to eat foods that don't bother me (refined stuff). So far, so good. My scale has been moving down, down, down... I'll get back to 143 soon, hopefully.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

hmacneil, it's not anything I read, just what I observed. He never used to come across as cocky, but this season he seemed to start thinking he was running the show and it started getting annoying. And I think Natalie must have thought she was going to come across as cute and spunky, but it was really obnoxious and kind of scary. Hope she's the first of the girl power group to get voted off.

Hi Kathleen, we are chicks of all ages here! Welcome to the beach!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:33 AM   #24  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO View Post
I can neak on dh's work computer this AM as mine is still being mended! I made a flax "cookie" last night as I am out of all vehicles to get my flax in they are ph 1 compliant but kinda bland! When I tweak them better I'll post the recipe.
This time next week I'll be back at work ARG!!! but it will be good.
For all he shave/wax debate I'm getting my brows de-gorrillad this AM in the winter I let my legs and pits go. Poor DH! in the summer I'm OCD about my pits at least

in NSV news lol I got hit on by a 20-something guy yesterday!!! he told me I was Hot(and young!) ! I thusly told him I was married and very flattered.
I have to motor get some coffee and get my rising late butt in the shower!
Kierie

you don't HAVE to eat flax ya know... i never have.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:33 AM   #25  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I just received the most beautiful arrangement of my fac flower (cala lilies) from dh

I was trying to post the pic but it won't do anything
Old 04-25-2008, 12:03 PM   #26  
Visualizing the Goal

Nessa, I think our car is coming in to Heidelberg but we'll be more south at Ramstein Air Base.

Schmoodle, what does "reading his own press" mean?

Gonna, have a great trip, and thanks for the dust!

Kierie, good to see you around! Hope you made it on time this morning!

Tawnya, hope you get in a good walk with the kids! We went out yesterday and had a great tromp around town!

Heather, my husband is in the Air Force. We just got back from Korea, and he's at a school in Florida for the next month, and then we'll be off to Germany. It will feel strange to be in the same place for more than two years as the last time we stayed somewhere that long was in 2003! My six year old son has lived in six houses in four states and two countries!!! The three year old is just behind him with five houses in four states and two countries, and when we left Korea, the baby had lived half her life in the States and half in Korea! She had her first birthday in Korea and her second will be in Germany, so she won't get an American birthday until she's at least six, probably closer to ten or twelve! Never a dull moment for us.

Kim, good luck getting everything finished!

Kathleen, thanks for the advice! Where in Austria did you go? We're looking for travel tips!

Krystal, onward and upward, eh?! Glad you got in a good walk!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 04-25-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #27  

If I try to do personals, I will never manage to post so let me just say Hi to everyone. I have been reading lately but too busy at work to post. Work did layoffs earlier this week but once again I still have a job (thank god)

I conducted my first Junior Staff training session on Wed and my first Walking Den Leader training session last night. They went well and we are starting to get registrations in.

Brian will be camping this weekend so I'll be dropping him off at 6 tonight. He'll be climbing in Oklahoma which sounds like fun. I've got two trips to the warehouse planned this weekend and need to get all the paperwork processed that was turned in last night. If the weather isn't too wet, I have lots of yardwork to do as well. We had another night of bad storms Wed night and even lost power for a half hour. Just west of here were tornados and other major damage so at least we avoided that.

I really need to plan my meals well for next week. This week has needed to be quick meals but next week I have less going on and can cook more.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #28  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Hi, again, kara

I was accompanying a friend who is a concert pianist to a music conservatory program in a little town about 60 miles south of Salzburg called Bad Aussie. It's main attraction are the baths, but our concern was music so we spent most of the time listening to concerts. We were there about a week so I got very familiar with the place.

We took the trains (2) from Bad Aussie to Salzburg one day, and another train from Salzburg to Vienna the day we left. Then came back to Salzburg, and took the train from Salzburg back to Munich. The trains are very clean and always on time. When I got off the plane in Munich to go to Bad Aussie, I got a first class ticket and was assigned to a compartment with a bunch of other locals, but when I changed trains in Salzburg, I went second class - it is more like a regular train - bench seats and a lot more open. So, if you travel by train, definitely go second class - cheaper and more comfortable.

There are so many places to see in that area and if you drive, it is the same as driving in the States - you drive on the right. The German language road signs can be deceving as so many names are similar. Most people in the larger cities speak English, but in the smaller towns, nearly everyone speaks German. But there are always someone around who can speak to you. I wish I could go back, but until I lose another 50-75 pounds, I can't handle the flight - it's just way too uncomfortable.

You'll love it there. So much to see and people are usually very nice. Have a wonderful time.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #29  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Schmoodle - I guess you're right about Ozzie's attitude, he really was cocky this season. It should be interesting when the jury gets to have their say. And I totally agree with you about Nat. I'm going to guess that last night when she watched herself that she tried to shrink away into nothing. Not a pretty picture.

Kara - Thanks for the history. I can't imagine living your life, but I would love to try. I love travel and culture and such. I wish you and your family the best!
Old 04-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #30  
Visualizing the Goal

Aw, thanks Heather! I thought of you last week, actually. We were in Charlotte for three and a half hours waiting for a plane and we went to the USO. It was the nicest one I've ever been in!

Kathleen, thank you so much for the info on your trip! We will actually be getting German drivers' licenses so we have to know all the signs and rules. I've been studying for a month already!

Kara
Closed Thread