Thursday's Thunder

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Good for you, Nessa You rock and you know it!!!
  • Hi all: Man everyone is chatting away today!!! So much so its too hard to keep up!! LOL...
    Nessa I have to say you have fun getting pampered!! Congrats on surpassing your goal!!

I did some gardening and laundry today. Now I'm sitting, resting and enjoying my lunch. Its a huge spinach and cabbage salad, with tomatoes, cucumbers, green and red sweet peppers, hard boiled egg, deli ham and turkey and some LF cheddar!! YUMMY!!
    Anyhow, I'll be around...laterz
  • YAY! DH is 1 1/2 hours away! Can't wait to see him. I need some sleep, though - fading fast and that Diet Coke sure is looking good...
  • Protein, Kim, protein!!! You can make it! (Plus, you'll need your energy tonight... )

Tawnya, how old is your daughter? I just got Avery done training and it's SO nice to be out of diapers! She still wears one at night, but I made a pack last from the beginning of February until last week, so it's not too much of a burden on the budget. She made it through the week in Florida, even! Well, she had one little squirting accident, but all in all I was VERY impressed!

Kara
  • What a bunch of cluckers! It's like the Discovery Channel. Brazilian waxes, indeed!

I'm just home from the big city and bought mussels for dinner. Yummy! I may splurge and have some white wine with them. After all, I do have to open a bottle to use in Moules Mariniere, right?

Donny my Yard Man worked four hours on his own today and the front and side of the house look great! He even cut back the rest of the perennials in the front bed. Apparently he knows something about gardening. He doesn't know the names of the plants but does recognize them as perennials - DH was totally clueless. He grabbed some potted mums once and planted them in the veggie garden in the tomato cages! Oy!

Life is quite lovely at the moment. Enjoy the evening.
  • OK....Ruth, those mussels sound WONDERFUL!!!! I'm jealous!
  • Geez, girls. Chatty today, aren't we?

I don't think I've seen a daytime conversation chat go for five pages before.

I found a wonderful dress today for a summertime wedding. It isn't something I would normally go for, but it looks really great. It's yellow and black on a white background. V-neck with a shirred bodice. A-line skirt all in cotton. It hangs really nice and makes my ta-tas look dang nice, if I do say so myself.

DS cut himself on a broken pot at the garden center, and the owners rushed around him and showered him with attention. It didn't take long for him to stop crying and start smiling. They gave him a popsicle and everything was ok I think they were worried about a lawsuit, but honestly, they handled it really well and I'll gladly drive the extra 5 miles to go there instead of our usual place.

Hope everyone else had a nice day.
  • Zeff, I read D*H* instead of "DS" in your message and thought it was so funny that your husband got a popsicle at the garden center! Hope Calvin's boo-boo heals up fast!

Kara
  • ok i got my armpits waxed too.... she did a great job... and my hair looks great,.
  • I don't think they make a dress where my ta-tas would look dang nice... unless you're into udders. LOL! Nature "graced" me with abundance, and abundance doesn't ever look good unless it's enhanced with silicone. (Which mine are obviously not and never will be).

You gals are all making me wonder if I needed sisters or more forthright girlfriends, because I am not a user of wax or razor. You see, I have this thing about razorburn... I don't like it! Never had anything waxed and darned sure wouldn't start THERE. I think I need a "facts of life" talk for middle aged women, because I didn't understand the behind thing, either.
  • i just like being bare.... it lasts a good 4 weeks...
  • Nessa, I'm sure you're used to it now, but didn't it hurt when you 1st started going? I love my Nair (and like products), but if I use it anywhere but my legs I get chemical burns. They need to make a less harsh Nair - maybe it would take 2 or 3 applications, but I'd use it.
  • i use the good ol' razor and when I need to I get my eyebrows waxed.. I DO NOT pluck!!! OUCH!!! this is a very interesting chat today!!