Phase 2 Food log

• Hi everyone!

I was wondering if you could give me an idea of what a typical day on phase 2 is.... I have been reading the book but it is very general... and well... i would like a little more directions! Please let me know what you all do so that i can jump in the wagon!

Thanks!
  • Today I had 2 eggs scrambled with a bit of LF cheese and a v-8 for breakfast.

Snack was laughing cow cheese wedge on celery

Lunch was tuna salad stuffed in a hollowed out tomato on a bed of greens.

Snack was an apple with yogurt

And dinner will be chicken/shrimp jambalaya (cooked in tomatoes and spices) over brown rice with green beans on the side.

I try to eat tons of veggies, just like Phase 1 but add a fruit and a grain (some days I add 2 or 3 of a fruit or a grain). Be sure to get all of you water as well.
  • Here's what I had today:
    B: spinach and goat cheese omelet, coffee with milk, V8
    ate kinda late so skipped morning snack
    L: Pistachio, goat cheese, and dried apricot on lettuce with dressing, 7 reduced fat triscuits with a wedge of Laughing Cow Lite Cheese
    S: an orange and a latte made with skim milk
    Dinner will be: Turkey Breast Picatta over baby spinach, another veggie
    If I want a snack after dinner, I'll have a fudgesicle or 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt with a few slivered almonds and a drizzle of agave nectar

My general Ph2 combo is: 1 - 2 fruits/day, 1 - 2 servings of whole grains/day, and at least 4/5 cups of veggies.

If you look in the FAQ section, there is a breakdown of what you should have at each meal and how many servings, etc. Be sure and look through that section as there is a lot of helpful information.
    If you are just transitioning to Ph2 from Ph1, be sure to go slowly, and just add back one thing each week - a grain or a fruit. Lots of us start with oatmeal, or a serving of berries. It should be a gradual transition to full Ph2.
  • B: I eat a serving of oatmeal in the morning with my 15 almonds chopped in it and splenda & cinnamon added, plus a little skim milk. Glass of spicy V-8 too.

S: String cheese if I get hungry.

L: Huge salad with all kinds of veggies & SB Ranch dressing - 2 Tbs. Several ounces of turkey breast and 1 oz. of cheese mixed in. Sometimes I sub a 3 oz. package of tuna or salmon for the turkey. Usually have a banana or apples or berries with ff yogurt or SB pudding. May eat this later for a snack if too full at lunch.

S: See above (fruit, yogurt) or string cheese with a little turkey wrapped around it.

D: Chicken breast sauteed in olive oil with a ton of veggies (onions, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, diced tomatoes). A serving of brown rice if I don't eat a grain for evening snack. I also like many of the entrees from this forum, like Taco Bake or stuffed peppers.

S: If I'm hungry I have the Mocha Ricotta Creme or a toasted whole wheat English muffin with a little smear of natural PB (If I don't have a grain at dinner).

Hope this helps. It works for me.
  • B - oatmeal with cinnamon, Splenda, blueberries and banana with a glass of milk.

S - yogurt

L - homemade leftover Chicken Tortilla Soup (no tortillas but you could use whole wheat).

S - raw zucchini

D - stir fry with beef, carrot, ginger, garlic, tomato pesto, parsnip, cayenne, broccoli

dessert - NSA pudding
  • yesturday for me was

B- oatmeal with cinnamon & splenda & 1 cup coffee
    S- carrots & hummus
    L- brown rice with 2 cups veggies & ground sirloin
    S- yogurt & fruit
    D- sb coal chicken, cauliflower (sb mash pot) & 2 cups veggies
  • Due to the fact that you are pregnant, you need to make sure you are getting a well balanced diet. Make sure in your efforts to minimize the weight gain you don't short yourself & the baby nutritionally. I would strongly suggest taking the phase 2 food lists and talking them over with a dietician. Your OB doctor should be able to refer you to one. Insurance should pay for this referral.
    Best wishes for healthy eating for you and your little baby to be!
  • Oh, duh, I feel like an idiot. I didn't even notice that in your signature! Congratulations! But skinnydogmom is right. Although SBD is just a healthy way of eating, you may need more of certain things than the rest of us. Definitely something to talk about with your obstetrician. And I certainly wouldn't worry about losing any weight right now.

Thanks for picking up on that SDM!