3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   What's For Dinner? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/140383-whats-dinner.html)

hmacneil6 04-21-2008 11:06 AM

What's For Dinner?

I thought it might be fun to have a thread sharing what everyone is having for dinner. It could help inspire some who find themselves in the monotony of eatting the same thing every week. It might also help to keep us on our toes as far as planning goes. I'll go first:

Tonight I'm having Pesto-Spinach Stuffed Salmon and a big green salad w/ lots of veggies.

Heidelitos 04-21-2008 11:49 AM

Garbonzo Bean Salad, a piece of fish, and steamed broccoli.

CyndiM 04-21-2008 11:49 AM

I am utterly uninspiring today. We are having a Quorn Roast (it's a vegetarian thing), lightly cooked asparagus, and three bean salad (with 4 beans). I'm working my way through the freezer before the new stuff is available :)

jillybean720 04-21-2008 12:00 PM

I found my favorite chicken (Perdue Fit n Easy 99% fat free) on sale for $1.89/lb (normally $4.99/lb :o), so I bought 7 packages. We will be eating chicken a lot in the coming weeks :D

Tonight's chicken dish: I took thin sliced chicken breast, sprayed with a little Smart Balance buttery spray, added a slice of Boar's Head Swiss cheese and a slice of Hormel natural ham, rolled it up, secured with a toothpick, and lightly sprayed the outsides with the buttery spray and sprinkled some paprika. Sort of an easy chicken cordon bleu without breading. I'll serve with broccoli.

femmecreole 04-21-2008 12:22 PM

Leftover chicken/mushroom/wine "stew" over brown rice+salad.
It was going to be cod, but i'm going to play instead of cook today.

Ruthxxx 04-21-2008 12:29 PM

Grilled shrimp with grilled peppers and onions if I can get the BBQ working. I'll have some rice or ww noodles with it.

ladybugnessa 04-21-2008 12:34 PM

shrimp stir fry and brown rice tonite....

iammare 04-21-2008 12:36 PM

Store bought salads tonight - I'm thinking Shrimp and Chicken Caesar for DH, and maybe the same for me, or just Chicken....

The weather is too nice out there now to do much cooking, and there's a lot of yard work to do, so it's got to be something simple.

GONNABE165 04-21-2008 01:01 PM

South Beach cola chicken, south beach mash potatoes (cauliflower) & a vegetable

DreaMarie 04-21-2008 01:36 PM

Haven't fully decided yet, but I think I'm gonna pick up a few things to make the eggplant lasagna and add some ground turkey. =)

mary83 04-21-2008 03:26 PM

I am having chickpeas and steamed brocolli in balsamic vinegar reduction, and a cup of cawliflour-thyme soup with LF feta. Everybody's dinners sound amazing!

tdiprincess 04-21-2008 03:31 PM

tuna fish wraps (lettuce wrap) big salads for DH and I. And then some veggie wedges on side and then cheese sticks.

nellagirl 04-21-2008 05:12 PM

We had hamburger steak (lean ground beef, onions and Worchestershire sauce sauce) baked in the the oven, brocolli and green beans! YUM!

For Dessert: I made this yogurt conocotion with:
Plain FF Yogurt
Splenda
FF Cool Whip
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
(Just mix it all together)

I was actually pretty good and helped my chocolate craving!

hmacneil6 04-21-2008 06:29 PM

Ladies you dinners sound so good....I hope they tasted as good!
Cyndi - are you vegetarian or are you just eatting through your freezer?

Cat - Your stew sounds yummy! I LOVE mushrooms

Mary - Did you make your soup? It sounds wonderful

Schmoodle 04-21-2008 06:39 PM

I was so tired when I got home, just threw on some ww penne, served with chicken italian sausage and NSA spaghetti sauce, and a salad.