South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #76  

Height: 5'10

Good News: I'm down to 156 from 160!

Bad News: I have had the worse sweet tooth today! But I've stayed as close to the plan as possible by just treating myself to a ricotta cheese pancake when I came home and some coffee. and like 5 pieces of sugar free gum

For breakfast, I had two boiled eggs and nuts, then for snack, I had a cheese stick, and then for lunch i had a grilled vegetable and ham, with zuchinni and squash slices. Then I came home and has the pancake thing. Going to workout later.

plan to have chicken with lots of veggies tonight. so far not too bad but I need to follow the plan more strictly

I think I should stay away from nuts from a while. i've been having trouble staying with the serving size with them. Just for 2-3 days to make up for over eating them a bit.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 05-02-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #77  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

I've been kinda munchy today too -- nothing bad, just a little hungrier. I really want a Friday afternoon beer, but I am going to resist! :giggle:
Old 05-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #78  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Marathon Mom - I drive myself crazy when I get on the scale all the time. I've made it a goal to only get on it once a week. After awhile it isn't all that difficult to follow.

Speaking of TOM....none for me either. I've taken several pregnancy tests and nada. I'm 2 weeks late. This is the second time it has happened in the past few months.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning all! Just started Day 1 of Phase 1 and I forgot how much I need a good breakfast. (I'm the queen of skipping.) This is the first time I've ever started P1 on a Saturday, so I have a good feeling about this. I'm also starting (in a few minutes, actually) the new walking interval plan from the book. I'll do that through P1 and then switch back to the Firm when I move on to P2. I'm not at all looking for the whoosh of water weight that comes off for most people in P1. Being that I've done it so many times, I know that my loss will be minimal. What I'm looking forward to is the lack of cravings it creates as that's what the real important function of P1 is for me.

Well, just had to get in here and say hello. I look forward to getting to know everyone new and saying hello to old friends here. Here's to a great P1!!
Old 05-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #80  
Keep Moving Forward!

S/C/G: 190/175/140

Height: 5'8''

Hi Chicks

I have more that fallen off the wagon - I recall some one saying something like jumping from the wagon and running in the opposite direction. I feel like that has been me. I know I need to stick to it. I feel like I just keep restarting and letting something derail me. My goal is to try and check in here daily to keep myself on track and really really use all the will power I possess to stick to the plan. I made spag squash tonight so I have lunch for tomorrow with some veggies. I need to stop at Giant and pick up some stuff tomorrow, but I have chicken thawing and That will give me 2 main meals to eat through out the week. I have a plan, now I just need to stick too it. Onward and upward.

Allyson
Old 05-04-2008, 08:52 PM   #81  

My goal is for the last 7 days of my phase to be perfect. Hopefully it goes okay. Wish me luck!
Old 05-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #82  
Keep Moving Forward!

S/C/G: 190/175/140

Height: 5'8''

Good Luck Sweetlovin!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #83  
Bobbie~Doll

S/C/G: 254/237/140

Height: 5'2

hey everyone....sooo..I was really bad yesterday, I think I jumped off the wagon, I had some ice cream, but it made my stomach hurt so bad, so Ive learned my lesson. Today marks the beginning of week 2 Phase 1 for me and I am down from 220 to 214. Im vowing to be as close to perfect as possible this week...and I am looking forward to starting Phase 1.5. I have a question though for everyone, what do you normally do when you have a big craving for something sweet..it is the TOM for me, and I am a huge sweets craver and this s-f popsicle thing is not working!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:47 PM   #84  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I make the Mocha Ricotta Creme dessert. It's sweet and chocolatey too. I have a friend who makes the Hot Cocoa recipe and she swears by it. Now that I'm on Phase II I have a SBD approved chocolate pudding cup.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:19 AM   #85  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Denise, I say this with caution - because I got a little hooked on the "warm brownie" recipe during my TOM. It is very chocolatey and delicious. Perfect for a sweet craving...

(the recipe is on a sticky in the SBD Recipe section)
Old 05-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! Wish I could stop by more, but work is killing me! Day 4 of Phase 1 for me and still dealing with semi-cravings. The worst cheat I've had so far is eating an extra sf fudgesicle or two and having an iced coffee too many.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #87  
beachin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbiedoll03 View Post
hey everyone....sooo..I was really bad yesterday, I think I jumped off the wagon, I had some ice cream, but it made my stomach hurt so bad, so Ive learned my lesson. Today marks the beginning of week 2 Phase 1 for me and I am down from 220 to 214. Im vowing to be as close to perfect as possible this week...and I am looking forward to starting Phase 1.5. I have a question though for everyone, what do you normally do when you have a big craving for something sweet..it is the TOM for me, and I am a huge sweets craver and this s-f popsicle thing is not working!
I really like some of the ricotta desserts. You can have sugar free cocoa powder and peanut butter (limited amounts)....try experimenting!

Also, that warm brownie is really good.

P1 was really helpful in knocking out my sweets cravings. I used to crave and crave at night, but I haven't in a month or more.

Good luck.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #88  

Default Phase 1 food log-- Join In

I thought this would be a good idea for me to keep in track of my eating so if anyone wants to join in, that would be great.

I'm planning to go on phase 1 for another two weeks (because last week was more like phase 1.5 and I really want to read the book and do it correctly).

Anyway everyone can post there day by day eating to keep accountable for everything that they put into their mouths. That way, we don't have an excuse to cheat on this strict phase of South Beach Diet.

So post what day your on and what you plan to eat, and what you actually eat.

I hope this works out!

Last edited by sweetlovin; 05-06-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:37 PM   #89  

O Kay I'm starting another two weeks Wednesday.

THURSDAY PREPLANNED:

Breakfast-

1 fried egg with two slices of turkey bacon. Glass of Skim Milk

Snack-
sliced zucchini

Lunch-
Piece of Chicken Breast
Sliced up Eggplant

Snack
String Cheese

Dinner-
fish and lots of veggies
Cup of Skim Milk

Dessert- Sugar free gum

What I actually ate THURSDAY:

will update later..
Old 05-06-2008, 10:44 PM   #90  
beachin'

Hrm --

I'm doing a P 1.5

For breakfast, I had some scrambled egg whites with 1/2 wedge of laughing cow cheese. Some sauteed asparagus and a half cup of blueberries. Coffee with a touch of skim milk and a little sugar free syrup to drink

Snack - didn't quite get around to it - had a late breakfast around 9 like usual. Lunch is about 3.5 hours later.

lunch - tuna with red onion, capers and one tablespoon of reduced fat mayo in a ww pita half. broccoli on the side. Water to drink.

snack - water with SBD protein drink mix.

dinner - summer chicken chili - onions, bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes and celery in the soup. A little l/f cheddar and red onion on top. Water to drink.

dessert - nothing. Yay! I'm not craving! Although I may have a s/f fudgesicle later when DH gets home. Or maybe some yogurt, I need more dairy today.

Last edited by zeffryn; 05-06-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Closed Thread