3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Starbucks and SB? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/140180-starbucks-sb.html)

nellagirl 04-18-2008 01:01 PM

Starbucks and SB?

Could I have Starbucks in Phase 1?

ladybugnessa 04-18-2008 01:09 PM

sure... what would you like?

you can have a coffee or a skinny latte

tdiprincess 04-18-2008 01:17 PM

yeah.. coffee and skinny lattes... espresso... cafe americano (water and espresso)....
fat free cream (I cheat and us light cream...i know I'm not supposed to, everybody has their own cheats...or else I mix 1%milk and lite cream to get less bad stuff...) and then a sweetener..

hmacneil6 04-18-2008 01:22 PM

My SBD Starbucks is usually Non-Fat/Decaf. Sugar-Free Vanilla Latte. I sometimes add some nutmeg in it. And I LOVE it ice'd. It's a good treat when I'm wanting something desserty

tdiprincess 04-18-2008 01:27 PM

that's exactly it. Around here we have Spot coffee along with Starbucks... they have basically the same choices... they use less sugar in regular drinks I've noticed... but either way, I like their reg. coffee better... but The DH and I have been trying to have me make coffee at home instead as its a bit cheaper..LOL..
Spot and Starbucks are a treat

GONNABE165 04-18-2008 01:32 PM

I love the skinny lattes

JerseyGirrl 04-18-2008 01:59 PM

I used to looooove Starbucks, but not a big fan anymore. I'll get a skinny Vanilla latte every once in a while as my bf prefers Starbucks to Dunkin Donuts. I used to also, until Starbucks started tasting less like coffee and more like hot flavored milk. I am a HUUUUGE fan of Dunkin Donuts coffee with sugar free coconut flavored syrup w/ skim milk and equal. It is excellent iced. Almost feels like a cheat!

zeffryn 04-18-2008 03:48 PM

As far as chain coffee shops down here go, we have CC's and Starbucks...both aren't that great. There is a little place on campus, it's a smaller chain out of New Orleans (PJ's) that has pretty great coffee. I prefer to make coffee at home, as I like it super strong and super hot, and it doesn't seem like many places around here can do that.

I have been doing hot tea more than anything lately. Cinnamon tea is my favorite. :)

ladybugnessa 04-18-2008 04:11 PM

i'm going to Caribou tonite after work. they have free wifi... i'll get either an iced coffee w/syrup and skim or a Northern LITE which is a sugar free fat free latte.... same thing...

PinkyPie 04-18-2008 04:41 PM

If you have trouble with your coffee drinks seeming too much like warm milk...get a smaller size (go for the tall) and get an extra shot (or two). ;)

zeffryn 04-18-2008 05:31 PM

Velveteen, I have to say that I <3 your new mini-goal. Definitely something I need to work on :)

Thanks for the inspiration.

tdiprincess 04-19-2008 12:45 AM

I agree with Zeff, Velveteen... i like the mini goal. I have such a hard time. And then I weigh myself and get upset... I need to do the self control thing.. LOL...
Especially with the DH, he weighs himself sometimes 3x's a day! (more just curiosity and stuff) but then I think its not a bad idea... I need to stick to only weighing once a week...

PinkyPie 04-19-2008 04:26 AM

thanks! you would be amazed at how putting it 'out there' to you guys has kept me off the scale this week! the fact that I don't want to put a :no: in my signature makes me resist! you should try it!