South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 05:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Chick-Chat

Good Morning to all you beautiful Chicklets! Another dawn is breaking, it's time for your morning wake-up call!

I have a load of laundry in the washer, and am dressed and waiting for Curves to open. I don't really have much to do after, but I want to put together a casserole with some leftover ham for Jake's supper. I have to work late yet again this evening, so he'll have a hot meal at least.

So who's up and joining me for a cuppa?
Old 04-08-2008, 06:22 AM   #2  
Determined to lose!

Good Morning Linda. I'll join you for some coffee. The past few weeks have been weird and I hope after the floor is installed thursday to get my life back and be able to do personals. I had to drop curves, can't afford it. I'm trying to take Jade for a walk/jog every day, but missed yesterday. Yesterday I went WAY off the beach, ok, not really, but ate way more than I should of at dinner, which was whole wheat pasta/goolash. p2 or 3, but I had three helpings . Small ones, but three nontheless.

OK, so Joe's not sure if he's going to drop out of college like he told me he was going to last week! ARGH... kids! LOL. When do they move out?????? :P

Jade has an ear infection, which reminds me i have to give her her meds. Hope to be back later.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:42 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Busy, busy chickies! I do have one load of laundry on the go and have given Hershey her mandatory 15 minute cuddle with my coffee. The day is dawning just beautifully. I was tempted to sit on the deck to watch but decided that would be rushing it a bit at only 41ºF!

Cottage, I need to start cooking dinner ahead as you do. By the end of the day, I lose energy and just settle for whatever's at hand.

Loriann, the never really leave home. My son (45) still opens my fridge door and looks inside when he visits! I sympathize you in wanting to get your life back with a finished floor!

I need to get my butt in gear and call some contractors. I need trees trimmed and removed, work done on my barn and - horrors! - a new roof. There's always something when you own an older house. I just got the porch roof done last spring and now the big roof needs doing as I seem to have a shingle or two missing. It was a hard winter! I'll just bite the $$$ bullet and maybe get a paper route for Hershey.

I had planned to go to town today but think I'll hang out here and get stuff done instead. You chickies inspire me!

Have a terrific Tuesday.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

morning!

have finally started spring cleaning in the (vain?) hope that'll somehow usher spring back in. kinda depressing cuz i am sorting out my lowest weight (skinny) clothes to be stored until i lose another 12 pounds. only have one course to teach today, would love to go to gym, but i am still on antibiotics and do not know if physical exertion is such a good idea

cottage have fun at curves!

hi loriann! this might comfort you: the average age for moving out and on in germany is 28! yikes! i am certain joe will have things figured out way before then,right?

happy tuesday chicas!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:49 AM   #5  

good morning ruth! looks like we've simulposted. give hershey an extra cuddle for me.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:57 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Morning Chicks

Linda - Thanks, I really needed that coffee this morning. Spring may be taking it's time getting here but the pollen arrived in force.

LoriAnn- At least the weather for outdoor exercise has finally arrived. My DD came home from college for one summer and then only for visits. My brother, on the other hand, did manage to move out of my parent's before he turned 30
Good luck!

Ruth - Spring chores at last! (how's that for looking at the bright side?!) Enjoy your day.

jandaman - Are the antibiotics doing the trick? Enjoy spring cleaning.

Me - I've got to leave soon to take Luna kitty to the vet for her surgery. She will be there until tomorrow morning. I'll do some work in town and come home by lunchtime to keep Sebastian kitty company. He's really going to miss her.

I am so looking forward to my massage appointment this afternoon. I've had to cancel twice and have started having neck problems again. This whole getting old thing does not amuse me. I'm held together by my chiropractor and massage therapist. Now if only I could convince the insurance company of that!

Has anyone had the balela at Trader Joes? I'm going to try to recreate the recipe at home. I love that stuff and warmer weather is perfect for bean salads.

Such an exciting day I have planned

Have a good day all!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #7  

hi cyndi! good luck on luna kitty's surgery. i'm thinking of you. hope all goes well and she'll be up and at 'em soon.

in the meantime i have gotten really involved and am finally sorting out and filing my sbd recipes. what a productive tuesday
Old 04-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hello all! The countdown is on and the chores are piling up so I've not had much time to check in. We leave next Wednesday for Florida, but before then I have to get my car set and delivered to be shipped to Germany, finish clearing out the cobwebs on our things in the basement to figure out what needs to stay and go when we do move, and get the dog to the vet to figure out what to do about this weird skin tag she has on her leg. It never ends, does it?!

Linda, have fun at Curves this morning, and enjoy your day, long as it may be. Is Maggie back to her normal self?

Loriann, hope you get a straight answer from Joe. Sounds like he needs to sit down and write out a list of short- and long-term goals for his life!

Ruth, I think Hershey wouldn't do so well with a paper route. She doesn't seem to be one to get up and going early in the morning. Maybe you could put a collections basket on her back when you visit the nursing home, though?

Jan, sounds like you're off to a great start this morning! I can't wait to get my recipe books and cards back! They're somewhere between California and Germany...

Cyndi, enjoy your massage! I've only ever had one and I was so tense becasue I didn't know what to expect that I didn't really enjoy it!

Off to get started on the day. At least I did laundry yesterday so I don't have to worry about that!

Kara
Old 04-08-2008, 08:18 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good rainy tuesday morning ladies.
doing my beck work.. up to day 18 actually left food on my plate last night (it was the exercise so I put extra food on there just so I could leave it) rather empowering.
scale holding steady at 223.x so maybe i'm now officially below 225???? how cool would that be???

DH had an evil gall bladder attack last night. i'm calling the surgeon this morning.... ugh...

off to be a good government worker.....
Old 04-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Back from a terrific workout, and am enjoying a delicious bowl of oatmeal and raspberries. The mail just came, bringing with it the bank statements, so I guess I'll be busy with them this morning.

Lorianne, my kids are 35 and 38 with families of their own, but they still show up every weekend wanting dinner and advice. It's good to know I'm still needed. I hope Joe doesn't drop out of college, I think that's a decision he'd come to regret the rest of his life.

Ruth, it sounds like a big spring clean-up at your place! Make sure you get a reputable roofer for that roofing job, there are too many of those fly-by-night scammers out there these days.

Cyndi, I hope Luna's surgery goes smoothly! I love TJ's balela, but I haven't had it in a long while. I love to have your recipe for it.

Janda, I hope you make a big dent in your spring cleaning today!

Kara, are you taking your dog with you to Germany? How many more weeks?

Nessa, congratulations on the Beck work, and for the 2 lb. loss!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-08-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:30 AM   #11  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Good morning all. Nothing much going on here. I can hear my baby boy talking to himself in his bed which means he will want to eat in just alittle bit. Just wanted to stop in for alittle and say good morning. Will be back later for more. Kara-missed you yesterday.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks, why don't you all remind me not to post on here early in the morning when I haven't had my coffee and am feeling cranky? I reread my message from yesterday, what a Monday downer! Well, today seems off to a better start! DH made me throw away the shirt I wore yesterday, it was from before and was falling off my shoulder all day. He said it was too enticing lol!
I am trying the Paul McKenna thing with the cravings, it does seem to be working. Weird because I never would have believed it, but when I squeeze those fingers together I do get this weird feeling in my stomach and quit wanting whatever I'm wanting. Of course, it's only been a couple of days so we'll see if it keeps working... In the meantime, it helped me get through yesterday perfectly clean and craving free and I am starting TOM (sorry, Tom), so that's saying a lot! Anyone else watch his show or try this?

cottage, have you always been an early bird? Do you realize it was 5:53 when you posted? The only time I'm up and dressed at that hour is if I've got a plane to catch or there is a family emergency.
LoriAnn, hope you get your floor in!
Ruth, do you need a whole roof? We always lose slates and get a guy to come out and replace them once a year. I figure in about ten years it'll be a whole new roof, one slate at a time. I could never afford it all at once!
jan, that is no comfort at all, thanks! It means I've got 7 years to go!! yikes!
Cyndi, getting old sucks. Good luck with Lunakitty (love that name, by the way... I love bean salads. Made a big bowl of 3 bean yesterday to munch on over the next couple of days. If DH doesn't polish it off first...
good luck getting everything ready Kara!
Ouch, Nessa, poor DH! Make that boy get himself to the surgeon! No need to suffer, it's such a simple surgery now. Not like when I had it, as evidenced by my lovely 8-inch scar! I'm sure you must be official by now! So glad the Beck thing is working for you!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-08-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning! Looks like it may be a windy wet here today.

Schmoodle I have been watching Paul Mckennas show since day one & following his steps & tecniques and they have been working great for me - Good luck!

Kara I hope you are able to find some you time in your busy schedule.

Go Nessa Go Nessa - your doing great!

Hello to everyone else and I hope you all have a great day! Be back in a bit
Old 04-08-2008, 09:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Linda - that's your name? I like knowing people's real names in here. Seems friendlier. I had my cuppa already. Feet hit the floor and the coffee gets made. DH got a new pot that's programmable and still forgets to set it at night. If it were MY pot (I get the tiny one, only drink a travel mug every morning) I'd be setting it up every night!

We're having water issues, so not sure on the laundry thing. We have a well, but for some reason lately we've been running out of water when it makes no sense. I think maybe the pump down in the well is "going". I sure hope not, it's about 150 underground and a pain to pull up.

Ruth -where are you? Maybe I'll come and cut down your trees! LOL!

Janda - I have a pile of too-small clothes still in my bedroom, too. About 4 sizes mixed in there!

My SB plan lately has been to eat "clean" for my health needs - ie no refined stuff, no preservatives. It a little too hard for me to eat strictly P2 and still ignore the chemicals. I have a little sugar in my coffee every morning, and I eat regular potatoes. I am being much better at limiting my portions, though. I haven't lost any more weight because of that binge over the weekend, but I am back on track and exercising outdoors a lot this week. I am still hovering right at 143. I know I'm not going to lose weight at any great speed, but I am doing my best to get my head in the long-distance race instead of rushing to lose weight and burning out. I burn out easily, so I have to do it this way or it won't work at all.

Nessa - how awesome that you've broken that 225 mark. I'll have to look into this Beck thing. It sounds like it's more for the mind than the body, which is what I need at this point. Food never gets left on a plate at my house, so that will be a good exercise. I try to do the reverse of that, though. I try to take very small portions so that when I'm done I can evaluate if I want more or not.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good morning ladies! Thanks for having the coffee ready, I feel it is going to be another rough day! I just can't seem to get ahead anymore, yes I know I sound like a broken record! I have discovered I really do have to take the time to check in here because last week I was so busy I really didn't get to and boy was my eating terrible this weekend! The scales are surely reflecting it. You girls keep me honest, and that is why despite being at my goal I still hang around here! Love ya all!

I hope you all have a great day and accomplish all you have planned and will power dust to all! to my favorite chicks in the whole wide world, you rock!
Closed Thread