3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Is This Normal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/139363-normal.html)

Roz 04-09-2008 08:53 AM

Is This Normal

Let me preface by saying that I am NOT complaining. Hahah.

I lost 5 lbs this week as of this morning (beginning of my diet week). I am on Phase 2. That's the good news. Last week I didn't lose an ounce. Pretty much stayed the same (anniversary meal plus some overdoing on some cashews). No surprise there.

I was determined this week to abide strictly by the diet and to not treat this as an "all-you-can-eat buffet diet." I expected to lose a pound or two, but not five.

So, is this normal?

Ruthxxx 04-09-2008 09:01 AM

Relax and enjoy. Perfectly normal. Weightloss is not a straight line.
No complaining or we'll have to kill you! :rofl:

ladybugnessa 04-09-2008 09:17 AM

some weeks you will lose
some weeks you will stay the same
some weeks you will gain

the key is that a year from now if you keep doing it you will weigh less than you do today. and that's the only thing that really matters.. the long term.

GONNABE165 04-09-2008 09:19 AM

Congrats on the 5lb loss - enjoy it while you can cause like Nessa said it won't always be this way

femmecreole 04-09-2008 09:23 AM

Yeah, very normal...also very normal not to lose any and very normal to stay the same. The "trick" is NEVER to get discouraged on the weeks you don't lose.
I've been at the same weight since Christmas. I met my goal in the size I wanted to be but would still like to take off some pounds. Low and behold, this week 3 lbs dropped off. You never know!!

tdiprincess 04-09-2008 09:31 AM

Congrats on the 5. Yeah, the other week I dropped 5, then I gained a couple back and am working on dropping back.. LOL...
Anyhow, like they said, that's normal. Enjoy!

frustratedieter 04-09-2008 09:32 AM

Sit back and breathe in your success!!! When I began Phase 1 I lost 6 lbs in a week and a half. If you knew my history you'd know why that surprised me!! I loved the feeling! Just keep in mind this is a journey and not a destination! Congratulations on your success!!! :-)

Roz 04-09-2008 11:11 AM

Thanks. It will be a month Saturday since I started and it's been relatively slow up until this week. I think I've learned that a South Beach serving of mixed nuts and my version of a serving were quite different. I'm learning to do it THEIR way. Alas.

pamatga 04-09-2008 12:55 PM

I have been following the Beach since January 1st of this year. Allow yourself some time. It took my body about 4 weeks into Phase 2 before it "got it" and then I have seen less up and downs. Now, it is a steady weight lose. Sometimes, it is 1.5 lb, sometimes it is 3 lbs per week. It still averages out to be about 8 lbs per month.

I have only been "off" the food plan for 6 days when I went home to see my critically ill Mom. Other than that, it has been the Beach.

I think you will find yourself really liking this food plan. It is just the most uncomplicated way to eat and live. No one knows I am "dieting" and I like that. I let my clothes and figure do the talking.;)

Congrats on your good beginning.:carrot:

tomandkara 04-09-2008 01:13 PM

Totally normal! Congrats on your success!

Kara