South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:02 AM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Simulposting, Nessa and Janda!

Nessa, congrats on the loss! Sorry about your husband--but fixing all those things can't be near the amount of work it would take to "train" a new one, eh?

Janda, I hate it when that happens. Now, I regularly highlight my writing and copy it. That way, if it dies, I can just paste it back in. If it's really long, sometimes I paste it into a Word document. It's just so frustrating when you lose all that hard work!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Good morning, everyone. Back on the beach.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

A Happy Wednesday to all!

Biggest Loser wise I was shocked at the pounds they all dropped this week! Proud of the girls but have to agree with Ruth that they are setting a bad example especially Ali and Mark who had so little to lose in the first place. I too am cheering for Kelly, she has been the underdog all along but managed to hang in there and I would love for her to come out of nowhere and win this!

Nessa isn't your husband younger than you? Hope he isn't one of those "difficult" sickies, if he is to you. Hope you get to lose the boot today!

All this talk of gardens has me itching to get my hands into the wet soil!

Ok time to kick it in gear, hope you all have a great day! I will try to check in later!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #19  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! We are getting closer to the weekend

Cottage hope you have a great day and hope this will be the last long shift you have to pull this week

Cat love the pics, your garden looks so peaceful. I watched the biggest loser & love that the girls made it and I would love to see a girl win I just don't like that I have to wait til next week to find out

Cyndi glad to hear Luna is doing good

Nessa! Congrats on your weight loss

Laurie

Well last evening was a crazy one for me as we had to takemy grandmother to the emergency room and after test it was only a bladder infection - thank God! Today will be a long one as I must stay up and watch Primetime at 10pm to see the Last lecture by Randy Paush.

Hello to everyone else and I hope you all have a great day!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #20  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Beachgal...Glad you liked the pics! I have 3 dogs! Bijoux is a "ratshi"..1/2 rat terrier and 1/2 shih tzu. Stitch (my allergy dog!) is a Maltese and Roux is a Catahoula (He didn't get in the act yesterday!)

Callenetics...I use the original dvd (from the '80's) I did some research and heard it was still the best of all the Callenetics dvds. Clothes and hair are hocky, but it really does work! I think the dvd is called "10 years younger" or something like that (I'm at work now). I just ordered the whole set of Jonathan Urla's Yogilates too...can't wait for it to come in. Very peaceful to do in the afternoons when I need a "stress work break"

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-09-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,
Nessa, tell him what I tell mine. I'm gonna take him back to the daddy store and get a replacement. The kids think this is hysterical. Of course he threatens me with the mommy store too. And he tells the kids he found them in a dumpster and can find another one whenever they bug him. Ah, the family that snarks together,.. You are on a roll with the weightloss, girl! Go Beck!
Thanks for the pat on the back yesterday, Gonna. Isn't it funny how one minute you can be feeling great about yourself, and the next you're... not? I also noticed your ticker and that you are in onederland! So back at you! And over your grandfather. Hope he is doing better today.
Cyndi, so glad to heal Luna is doing well. Poor little thing. How about swimming for your knees? I'm wondering if I need to lay off the WATP for a bit, as I have a bad ankle and it's been achey lately. But that may just be the weather.
Cat, I vote that if we ever have a 3fc gathering, we have it in your backyard in the springtime. And you can feed us too...
Ruth, I am with your cleaning lady. I had a dear friend, who also cleaned house for me for a while, and I used to kill myself getting ready for parties, etc. She once told me (her exact words) "you dumb*ss, you don't clean up before the party, you clean AFTER." I see her logic, but never have quite been able to walk the walk. I still kill myself before AND after.
Aw, janda, I hate when that happens! Hope the rest of your day goes more smoothly.
Laurie, I have been going back and forth over joining the CSA. I grow some stuff in my garden and supplement with the Farmer's Market. The CSA farms around here are also mostly the same vendors you see at the Market. So I think I've decided that the Farmer's Market is better because you can get exactly what you want in the quantities you need. Although, it may be a little more expensive in the long run. But please let me know how you like the CSA experience because I am intrigued, and maybe I'm missing something... Anyway, your next week's weigh in should be even better!

Hello to the chicks I have missed!

So, how does one win TBL anyway? Is it the one who loses the most weight, or the most percentage? Because then the bigger folks definitely have an advantage. Do you have to keep losing up until the end. I watched a little last night, but turned it off when old Mark started the boo-hooing again.
Okay, today is humpday, the day when you realized you goofed off a little on Monday and Tuesday, thinking you had the whole long week ahead of you, and now there's only three days left, and if you don't want to be killing yourself on Friday to check everything off the list, today is the day to get focused!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-09-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:35 AM   #22  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Schmoodle, my Daddy used to tell my Mama he was going to "trade her in for a red head with green eyes who laughed all the time". They were married for a few months shy of 60 years...he never did it. (My Mama is almost 83 and still gorgeous..she looks like Katherine Hepburn to me)
Old 04-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #23  

Cat, that's funny, at least we are in good company! My DH has a thing for red-headed, green-eyed ladies too. Of course I am brunette with brown eyes and a moody temperament, go figure! When asked what he wanted for his birthday recently, he said "a better wife, and better kids!"

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-09-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #24  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

beach-I love The Biggest Loser. I'm sure you're not the only one who doesn't watch it. It's a competition show on TV that comes on once a week and they all compete to lose the most weight and to win $250,000.00. I watch it cause it motivates me alittle each week to lose weight. I am so hooked. I already signed up for the one on 3FC. I wish it were the real one but this will do.

schmoodle-that's something my hubby would say too. But he would leave the kids out of it. lol. I know he loves me though.

femme-my husband tells me he's gonna trade me in for a mexican chick who knows how to cook. I tell him that he can go ahead and do it and see if she'll take care of the kids and his PTSD and the house and everything else that comes with it just as good as I do. And I walk away laughing.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 04-09-2008 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Merged sequential posts
Old 04-09-2008, 09:46 AM   #25  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacergal29 View Post
Nessa isn't your husband younger than you? Hope he isn't one of those "difficult" sickies, if he is to you. Hope you get to lose the boot today!

yep he's 11 years younger than I am. oy... i hope he gets it soon

and i'm hoping to lose the boot today myself

have a great day.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #26  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oh and i threatened the kids all the time that i was going to trade them in on a hamster...

of course I threaten the dogs with the korean grocery store when they are bad, but they don't listen...
Old 04-09-2008, 09:50 AM   #27  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

My gosh, you chickies are up early!

I have no idea what is going on for breakfast...probably some scrambled eggs with spinach.

Not a whole lot going on for today. Hubs has to tutor this afternoon, so he'll be home later than usual. I might try to find another library that is closer to us, go check out some books for my son.

I'm still super tired. We stayed up late watching a movie, and I'm paying for it today.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #28  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning

Busy morning as usual never get to post personals. Hope everyone has a great day.

Today is my and DH 20th anniversary and we are not doing anything special because we are going to go to LA in June and that will be our special.

I love Biggest Loser, I missed 1st hour due to DD soccer game- had to work concession in pouring rain with no cover over our heads-hmmm I am sure that helped my cold I am starting to get-- anyways I hope Kelly wins she is the only one who has more weight to lose the rest I concur are going to look bad if they lose anymore. Can you imagine losing close to 100 lbs in 4 months that is unbelievable and kinda of scary

Well back to work got a meeting in 9 minutes.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #29  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Happy anniversary Pearl I hope me & my dh can one day celebrate 20 years. April 26th will be our 5 year anniversary but we've been together for 8 years. Hope you have a great day!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #30  

Happy Anniversary Pearlrose, 20 is a biggie! Are either one of you planning to trade in the other for an improved model?

A year ago, I planned to lose 100 lbs in one year, thinking that was totally do-able. I now realize how naive I was to expect to maintain a steady rate of weight loss all the way through! 4 months is just insane, but you could probably find some folks here on 3fc that have managed it. Looks like I will be coming in closer to 60 for the year. I'm now kind of glad about the rate of loss, as I've had time to learn a lot of lessons along the way, and there is still much to learn before I feel like I'm "finished". I just wonder how much of that stuff they learn on that campus can stick with them when they return to normal life and normal stresses. I don't know what their long term success rate is.
Closed Thread