South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #46  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Kara-hope you're feeling better today. You don't look the least bit flabby to me. I would kill to look like you. Don't be so self-conscious (sp?). Chin up! No one will catch me in a bathing suit, not until I look the way I want.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #47  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Aw, thanks gals!

Ruth, sorry about posting right next to myself. I had to look back at the other pages to figure out what I was going to write and then I couldn't see my last post to edit it and add in what I'd forgotten.

Kara
Old 04-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Ssssh don't tell but I am done working for the day and messing around the last 20 minutes!

Tk & Zeffryn to you gals, I was a SAHM for many years and I know what you all are feeling. Now I am a working mom with teenagers and a hubby that doesn't help much either so I still feel your pain. What I can tell you is you just have to get to a point in your life where you think of yourself to even though it seems hard to do. You have to focus on what you can do and can change and have control over. For me it was my weight loss and once I set my mind to it and did it for ME there was no stopping me. I can't tell you how powerful it made me feel and somehow the other things I couldn't control just didn't bother me as much.

Ok enough of my vast wisdom for the day I seem to be babbling

Hope everyone has had a great day, and has a wonderful evening!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #49  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

TK&Zeff...I also remember how hard it was with little ones...just to take a hot bath by myself! I was a SAHM when my first 2 were little and went back to teaching when my oldest was 4. When I was home, I considered everything to be my job since I wasn't "working". But, boy on Saturday mornings, I got my ex to watch the kids so I could go to the grocery alone. Let me tell you, I strolled VERY SLOWLY down those aisles!! He just parked the kids in front of the cartoons, but it was like a "vacation" for me. When I went back to work, I thought perhaps I wouldn't have to do as much around the house. Ha! He said "you get home before me". uh, yeah, but you come home and eat and sit...I do it all. He did do all the yard work though. I remember once when I had had a particularly hard day at school, when he came home, there was a sign on the front door that said "Everything is all yours for the evening. Kids, cooking, laundry, batheing, homework, kitchen cleaning etc. I'm going to bed. Good luck". and I did it. He wasn't happy.

Husband 2 does a lot more, but honestly I still do the lion's share of housework even though I work 2 jobs. The second one is from home, so I really do have more time (but sing the praises of roomba and scooba, the little floor robots)

Life does get a lot easier when the kids are grown though. Now I really don't HAVE to worry about anyone but me...this is MY time. I gave the first half of grown life to everyone else...I'm giving the rest of it to ME. (but I miss those little kids sometimes!)

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-08-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #50  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
Lisa, I DIDN'T GET A PEN! What's the deal?! Just kidding! Good luck at the party!
Kara, for all the travel you've booked on our site, I will GLADLY mail you a pen!!!! PM me the address! Heck, you want 10 pens? 50? I only have 500 so I have to give them out sparingly.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:03 PM   #51  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I guess it's just what happens for most women in a LTR.

I'm making Taco Bake for dinner tonight. Replacing the refried beans with cooked down and spiced red lentils for extra protein. Hubs and son are having whole wheat tortillas on the side. I'm also serving broccoli on the side.

I just got back from the grocery store, got a few things to make some SB things that I found while perusing the site. I'm planning on making the strawberry jam (using tomatoes) for sure. I also got some stuff to make smoothies with. I got quite a few different kinds of sugar free drink mix - both South Beach flavors look great, and then some store brand Crystal Light replicas. The raspberry ice has always been a favorite of mine!

Hubs bought a candy bar at the store -- a twix. My favorite. He offered me one, but I refused. *YAY* This will be my second entirely clean day since I started. I'm telling myself that I re-started yesterday, because I want the entire two weeks to be clean. I know I have the willpower if I just let myself succeed.

The taco bake is SO great. I added black beans to the lentils for the bottom layer and only used a half pound of ground turkey. I also added some crushed red pepper and fresh jalapeno. It was spicy and yummy!!!
For "dessert" I had a cup of plain, ff yogurt mixed with a little sugar free drink mix. It was great! banana orange strawberry was just what a needed

Last edited by zeffryn; 04-08-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Well... I'm newer here, I haven't posted in the chat before....
Let's see my day: made breakfast around 11 (low fat ham and salad)
snacked on 1% cottage cheese
lunch some salmon and salad
went for a 10 mile bike ride with DH
stopped at a coffee shop and had some iced coffee (i cheated with some lowfat cream and splenda)
dinner was the SB Meatloaf and Gravy and then some salad..
dessert of sf jello!
It was a long day and now my hips hurt. (I have some for of Rheumatism the DR. hasn't diagnosed which one yet...) But the exercise was good.
Oh, and I danced for 30 mins...
Over the weekend we were bad. We got pizza and chicken wings.. It was really really good, but BAD...From now on I'm going to make my own dough with ww (whole wheat) flour and put my own toppings on them...when we crave it and also the SB pizzas are a quick fix...
But, now were back on track!!

BTW Zeffryn the taco bake sounds really yummy... what's the recipe? i'd like to try it. Thanks! And the starwberry jam tasted really good, I didn't tell the DH about the tomatoes and he loved it! It went great as a topping for ricotta cups

Last edited by tdiprincess; 04-08-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:14 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

tdiprincess... you might want to add some more veggies. See if you can squeak a veggie in at each meal.

Being the hypocrite that I am, however - I just went out to eat with DH. I will NOT tell what I ate, but it is nowhere near the approved list. Went shopping, though and will be back "on" tomorrow.

You'd think I was a circus performer with the speed with which I hop on and off this wagon. :lol2:
Old 04-08-2008, 10:25 PM   #54  

we have salads at each meal... the salad at breakfast is about 1c and lunch and dinner are over 2 cups.. usually for dinner I may add more veggies, but I think we get enough veggies...LOL
Old 04-08-2008, 10:56 PM   #55  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

The exact recipe for Taco Bake is in Phase 1 main dish recipes. It's stickied at the top.

I'll tell you what I basically did though
I cooked down about a cup of red lentils with 2 cups of water. When it was mushy (almost the consistency of refried beans) I added about a tablespoon each of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and a teaspoon of oregano.
To that mixture, I added a can of black beans.

For the meat part, I browned a half pound of ground turkey. Set it aside for awhile, and sauteed some onions and peppers (about one each) When they were nice and soft, I added back the ground turkey and added about a half cup of fresh mushrooms ( I had portabello, but you can use white or even canned). After the mushrooms sweated down a bit, I added 3 T. of chili powder, 2 T. cumin, 1 T. garlic powder, 1 small can green chilies, 1 whole jalapeno (seeded) and a few pinches of crushed red pepper( we like it hot, omit whatever)

Continue cooking for a bit, until the spices are incorporated. Layer the bean/lentil mixture in a 8x8 baking dish, and layer the meat mixture on top.
Top with 2/3 cup lf cheddar cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbly.

It's so good.

It's phase 1 as is, and can be phase 2 with the addition of whole wheat tortillas.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:01 AM   #56  

Thanks I'll def. be making it, especially, I just bought some ground turkey and was looking for newer ideas, thanks! I like the spicey ideas..
Closed Thread