popcorn help

• Okay, I love popcorn, my DH likes it...
    when are we allowed to have it? P2 or P3?
    We have 1 week of P1 left... we won't have any now. Just wondering..
    thank you!
  • On atkins...never really.
  • hi!

sbd good fats and good carbs guide says:P1 no way
    P2&P3 2 cups air-popped popcorn is no prob

using 1 tsp oil very limited
  • Cool!!! Will have to have this for a snack tonight!!!!
    In the past I air-popped my corn as I grew weary of microwave popcorn having alot of hulls and just not tasting quite like I like my corn. This is how I do it. I got some of those brown lunchbags and for my microwave, I found if I put in 1/4 Cup of corn into the bag (nothing else!!), fold the top like a fan, a couple of times. "Nuke" it about 2 min. 20 seconds and "Voila" nice air-popped corn! You could spritz it with Butter flavor if you'd want and a small bit of salt. Delicious!!!
  • I might add to the above that if you do this...you might have to have a few bad batches depending on the microwave strength, before you get just the right effect. Can't tell you what mine is for sure.
  • I love popcorn too. I have it for a treat when we have family movie nights. Air popped is so dry though, I prefer to do it in the microwave. I used to have a cool plastic thing for popping in the microwave. it was kind of cone shaped, small end down, with a lid, and it worked great until I burned it up. I keep looking for a replacement but I haven't found one yet. I like to sprinkle Parmesan cheese or different spices on - yummy!
  • 2 words HOT SAUCE!!!!!
  • Quote: I love popcorn too. I have it for a treat when we have family movie nights. Air popped is so dry though, I prefer to do it in the microwave. I used to have a cool plastic thing for popping in the microwave. it was kind of cone shaped, small end down, with a lid, and it worked great until I burned it up. I keep looking for a replacement but I haven't found one yet. I like to sprinkle Parmesan cheese or different spices on - yummy!
    I had the same popcorn cooker too. I do believe I ruined it like you did!
  • My parents had the same popcorn popper when we were teenagers. My Grandpa put it in the microwave for 40 minutes instead of 4...it melted & burned. I love just stovetop popped w/tiny amount of oil and salted.
  • Quote: I love just stovetop popped w/tiny amount of oil and salted.
    That's the way my husband has always made it for us and the way my kids prefer it.
  • a ph 1 substitute
    soy nuts 2 ways
    Sweet
    splenda cinamon to taste
    splash of vanilla

Savory
    I tried this tonight!
    Cumin and chili powder

Both are totally satiating!
  • Thanks all. I'll have to try the soy nuts.. Thanks!
    I'm glad to know that we can have it soon. Less than a week!!