South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 06:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default April Fool's Day Chat, 4/1

HAPPY APRIL'S FOOL DAY!

True to form, April showers here. We may get up into the 70s this afternoon, though, so no whining from me!

I'll probably be at home until sometime after lunch today. Cindy is going to call me and let me know when they can bring Maggie home after her surgery. It's a routine procedure, but I'm still sending up prayers that all goes well. Maggie was actually excited about it yesterday. We went to the library and picked out a stack of books to read during her recovery, and I told her she could keep on her nightie all day and lay on the couch and watch TV. That sounded better than Christmas to her!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:22 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Aw! Big hugs to Maggie this morning! Hope all goes well for her. And thanks for the reminder that it's April Fools, Linda!

Just back in from a run, where I barely was sprinkled upon (whew!), and am getting ready to hop in the shower and get on with the day. Luckily, we've got nothing big on the plate today - nowhere to be at any particular time - so the thunderstorms they're predicting aren't too threatening. I took the kids to get their pictures done yesterday and they came out AMAZING! I got the one set back already and the others I have to wait two weeks for. I usually get the kids pictures done a couple times a year, but with all the moving around this past year I didn't get them taken very often.

I was all grumpy yesterday when I weighed and realized I'm up five pounds since last month, but then this morning I started my period so at least I have a reason for that nasty bloating I was feeling last night. Maybe it'll even out over the next few days and I will have just maintained. That's at least better than gaining five pounds! I only have myself to blame, really though. Poor food choices earlier this month, although I have been back on track for a couple weeks now.

I'm trying to get the one picture to upload into my photobucket account so I can share it, so I'll post that when it comes up. Happy Tuesday!

Kara
Old 04-01-2008, 07:24 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

OK, here they are. My little cuties, all in their Easter finery.

Avery (will be two in May), Connor (6), and Kadyn (3)

Last edited by tomandkara; 04-01-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:46 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

April showers here too but at least it's warm! (by our standards anyway

Cottage - I hope Maggie has an easy time with it today. Sounds like your positive attitude will really help her through her convalescence.

Kara - Okay, they are just too adorable Thanks for sharing.

We are off to the vet in a few. Our girl kitty has a bladder infection and is very whiny and her buddy is very upset. He is he most empathetic cat I've ever seen. He gets genuinely distressed whenever she is upset about anything. that it's just the usual kitty issues and nothing more serious.

I have a weird question for anyone maintaining. Did you have trouble increasing your calories to a maintenance level? I've been trying to slowly increase to figure out what works but I find I just don't want to eat that much and I definitely don't want to add more fat to my diet. I know I could keep losing past my revised goal but I don't know if I want to. I've probably got a couple of months to figure it out and maybe things will just slow down on their own.

Have a good day Chicks!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:48 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, give Maggie a peck on the forehead for me. Sure it will be a stressfull day for everyone.

Kara, the kids are just adoreable! That picture is great now, but will be even more special in the future when you look back at your babies!

Me, nothing special..same old same old. Got up at 4 and worked for an hour, then fluidity, then bath etc. Off to get a turkey/spinich flat out wrap for breakfast, then start the laundry and dishwasher, then out the door to school. For real exitement after school, I may go get a new sticker for my license plate which I realized was expired. Is my life filled with exitement or WHAT???

On a good note, I mentioned something about cooking for my dogs since one of them had severe allergies. It seems to be working and he's not a red raw dog right now. Either chicken or ground turkey (boiled) then I add brown rice, a bag of frozen peas and carrots, a little salt and let it cook in a big pot on low for about an hour. yuk...but they LOVE it.

Cyndi, we were posting at the same time...hope kitty is better very soon. As far as maintainance, I'm pretty much eating the same as phase 2, but have something "nauty" every now and then.

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-01-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:56 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good morning sunshines....

it's warm and raining (well i'm close enough to cottage that whatever her weather it's usually mine too)

today was my monthly weigh in.. and through sheer brute force I stayed the same.... I'm ok with that. I did buy new bras yesterday 42DD considering i was 48DDD when I started this journey 2 years ago I've got NO complaints...

CAT I may have to cook for my dogs... seems bagel is chewing his paws and hannah's neck is all torn up we thought from her collar...

Cyndi good luck at the vet and on finding your maintaince level. I fear i will never be able to maintain (oh wait i did it this month)

Kara you do nice work.. those are gorgeous kids...

cottage: have the best day with maggie...
Old 04-01-2008, 08:02 AM   #7  
-

Nessa, I've been meaning to tell you for a while thanks for introducing me to quinoa. I just love the stuff. Instead of my planned breakfast, I saw some leftover beef/wine stew that we had over quinoa that was left over in the fridge ( I threw a handfull of spinich over it and nuked it...strange but wonderful breakfast!)
Old 04-01-2008, 08:06 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We used to cook for our dog the last few years (she was about 20 when she died). I used to throw chicken, brown rice and canned pumpkin or squash in the crockpot then add suggested vitamins to the mix after. We ran into a friend at the grocery store one day who was very surprised to see chicken in our basket (we are vegetarian). the things we do for our animal friends

Cat - thanks for the info. That's what I was thinking. I already have my ocean trip cheats planned. I love whole clams and they have to be fried. I figure if I eat them once a trip I should be okay and I won't feel totally deprived.

What does everyone think about goal weights? I keep coming back to just sticking with a healthy eating pattern and letting my body settle where it does. I've spent most of my life being obsessed by the number on the scale and wonder if I should just let that go and trust my body to know what works best?
Old 04-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
Nessa, I've been meaning to tell you for a while thanks for introducing me to quinoa. I just love the stuff. Instead of my planned breakfast, I saw some leftover beef/wine stew that we had over quinoa that was left over in the fridge ( I threw a handfull of spinich over it and nuked it...strange but wonderful breakfast!)

ya know spinach is like a gift from G-D! i buy frozen chopped spinach and eat it by the bagful...
Old 04-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Cyndi, someone posted a link to an article awhile ago that gave some kind of formula for "perfect weight". I think it had been in Prevention magazine. It told me my perfect weight was 127, which actually seems like a pretty good number for me. Well, really it said 132 if I'd had kids or 127 if I hadn't but I thought I'd shoot for the 127 anyway.

Cat, I've been getting in a bit of a rut with breakfasts lately and I'm thinking about "branching out" to dinner-ish foods sometimes for a little change-up. Thanks for the inspiration!

Nessa, yay on the new bras! And thanks for the compliments on the kids - I grow 'em good! Avery's the only one that resembles me in the least. Connor and Kadyn are spitting images of Tom! And I am a huge spinach fan, too! I'm having some in my eggs this morning!

I'm still waiting on Avery to wake up so I can get clean clothes to change into after my shower. I should really learn to put an outfit out the night before I run so I can jump in the shower right when I get home. I finally learned to leave my shoes by the door so I don't have to creak the closet open every morning and risk waking her...

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 04-01-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #11  
-

Cyndi, it's weird. I probably weigh 20lbs more than I did the last time I was in a size 6/8 (which was about 16 years ago) So to me the numbers are just stupid. I go by how my clothes fit and how I feel and right now, I'm ok with both. I would like to flatten out my tummy more, but with the exercising it is going down slowly...but I can tell it IS going down by how my pants fit even though I'm not losing any more weight according to the stupid stupid scale.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Kara - your kiddoes are adorable. I'm having some trouble seeing YOU in them, though. Do they look like Tom? Sorry about the weight gain, but you are so strong that I'm sure it will come back off with all your exercise and hard work. (I see you answered this later)

Cottage - I hope everything goes well with Maggie. Keep us posted!

Cyndi - my thoughts are that if your body is still losing and you're not hungry or feeling deprived (assuming you don't have any eating disorder issues) that it's still a healthy loss. When you get to your optimal weight, your body will hover there. I think your new attitude about weight is a good one: focus on health, not a number.

Cat - it's a lot of work to do that cooking, but a lot of work worrying about a sick dog as well. I hope the trade-off is good for you.

Me - well, here I am. I've been eating things I'm not supposed to, ignoring what I know to be true. And what happens? Last night I woke up in the middle of the night so nauseous and sick-feeling that I couldn't go back to sleep. I was up most of the night, so now I feel hung over between the headache, tired and blech. You'd think I'd remember this and just be a good girl... but no. *sigh* Now the only thing I have for BF that is OP is eggs, and they make me yucky on a good day. Oh, what to do?

On the positive side, I get to put my new truck on the road today. My total loss for March was 4 lbs - one pound short of the 5 that I had actually lost, but that's still pretty good considering I was off plan for half the month.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Your children are almost as cute in the picture as they are in person, Kara! Simply adorable!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:07 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hiya chicks! It's suppose to be a beautiful day here today which is good since we are going to the baseball game after work.

Cottage my thoughts & prayers are with Maggie

Kara what beautiful children - you are truly blessed

Congrats to all those with NSV's for the month of March and a big CONGRATS to those who lost weight this month or even made there monthly goal - me I gained 2lbs

Be back later...
Old 04-01-2008, 09:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning Chicks! It's a day of everyone in the office and the dreaded first of the month meeting. ICK! Yesterday was a nonstop stream of people through the door, so much for being caught up!

Quick personals today, to Maggie, Kara the kids are adorable!

Cyndi I just let my body decide for itself where it wanted to be, I set my goal at 115 and my body decided on 5 more over a 3 month span putting me at 110 where I have been hovering for about a month.

Nessa ah the incredible shrinking boobs! My daughter called me mosquito bumps this morning yes even an A cup is too big for me now!

Cat & Fluffy hope you have a great day, and a great day for all chicks yet to check in!

Gotta get a fresh cup of Joe and get myself ready for this meeting. Is it snacktime yet? I have greek yogurt and fresh strawberries YUM!!!!
Closed Thread