South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:22 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Hello, Cottage - thanks for getting us started again this morning. I love the recumbent bike as well, but don't have one. I have a regular bike, but my legs are short so I have to actually make another hole in the seat adjustment for it to be comfortable.

Ruth - what gardening web site do you belong to? I have one that I've been in for years, but they keep making "upgrades" that make things harder and harder for me. I keep saying that my "CRAFT" room loses its FT and gains a "P" at times... dumping ground... yep... that's it.

Cat - sounds like you need a warm bath and some stretching to me..

Cyndi - why do you have four numbers on your progress? What do they all mean?

Schmoodle - my kids like going to school. They love the routine, they love being around the other kids, and they like learning new stuff. It helps a lot that they like their new school. They weren't nearly as happy at the other school.

I haven't exercised in weeks... shame on me, and I know I have to get started, but... but... but....

Stephanie - that's why I love working from home - NO DISTRACTIONS!!! In the fall, my youngest goes to school, so I've been thinking of part-time jobs. But I can make just as much, if not more, money doing my contracts and I get to be by myself much of the time. I think I'll stick with it, but I really need to figure out the health insurance thing. DH is self-employed, and our current health insurance has income requirements. If I earn more money, we'll not qualify. He is going to have to restructure his business, but the timing isn't quite right for it to happen.

ME: I stepped on the good ol' scale today, and I'm still at 143.5. I need to get that last half off (again) before the end of the month, but I've got TOM coming to visit me soon, so weight gain is likely to occur... I REALLY need to get exercising, but I just somehow never do.

I've been teaching myself new stuff for my web sites (that's why I asked yesterday, Cat) and it's been a lot of fun. I don't know why I excused myself from doing more of it earlier. Oh, wait... now I remember.. I was homeschooling and had NO TIME!!

Well, I think I see the sun trying to poke out from the clouds. I've gotta get moving here and clean my kitchen.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:34 AM   #17  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Fluffy...sorry didn't see the post from yesterday...I do it all..design, graphics, maintaince, updates etc. Been doing it for about 9 years now. I teach computer lab part time in the mornings (started teaching again about 4 years ago..I taught "regular" kindergarten for years) I work in the mornings before I leave for school and then work when I get home in the afternoon and evening (and often into the night) until I have everything done for the day for clients. Can get very stressfull at times, but I love it and the teaching gets me out of the house for 4 hours every day, so that helps with not getting "cabin fever". I have 2 "full time" clients that I do work for every day. (one is an organic pregnancy/baby products company and the other a publishing house) Then, VERY occasionally I'll accept a new client...but not very often because my plate is so full already.

Last edited by femmecreole; 03-26-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #18  

Do you do programming? I'm asking because I am working on PHP/MySQL and wondered if you knew of a good online resource? I have found a bunch of them, but there are a couple things that just aren't clicking, and I'm thinking it's just something small.

I have done web sites a lot over the last 8 years or so, but usually just basic stuff. I finally have the time to learn more of the programming, so here I go... I've done a lot of programming before but nothing for the web.

I don't get cabin fever - I'm one of those people that could easily never go out in public and be happy. I am a complete homebody. I don't MIND going out occasionally, but given a choice I would always be home.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:52 AM   #19  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning. feeling alot better today. now it's the recovery part. i bought some zyrtec yesterday, can you believe it costs $25 for a small little bottle? But man, I took one last night before I went to bed and when I woke up this morning my sinuses were dried up and my eyes are fine. Wow!!! What a wonderful drug. I'm glad I bought it. Now I still have my sore throat. I've been drinking camomile tea continuously (the internet said that that's a natural antibiotic for strep) and it has helped, I just want it to all go away NOW! I know it's a slow process but I'm so tired of it. Speaking of tired, I am so sleepy. All I wanna do now is sleep. better get going. gotta give my baby his breathing treatment. Allergies are a b****.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:58 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone - quickie for me this morning as I really need to get to work. I hope you're all doing well - will try to stop in later! Love ya!

~Kim
Old 03-26-2008, 10:20 AM   #21  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyK View Post
Do you do programming? .
No, just html, graphics, shopping carts, seo and if they INSIST a little flash. You might be able to get some help with an online group like at yahoogroups. I used to belong to several.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:24 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

tk, I'm glad you are starting to recover, too. That Zyrtec does tend to make you sleepy, but it works. Something else that might help your sore throat is to gargle with 1/2 aspirin dissolved in a small glass of salt water, and some echinachea tea.

everyone! Looks like we're all having a busy day! Mine will get busier at noon when I pick up Maggie. I'm helping out another nanny today by keeping her kids this afternoon, then after I pick up Audrey we have to hurry to get homework done before it's time for ballet and tap. At least I'll have an hour to relax while they're having their lessons. I'm planning to spend that time at the library.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:54 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, shucks! Donna cancelled - sick grand kid was today's reason. I am still in my robe after doing some sewingroom sorting.

Right now, I'm going to shower and then Hershey and I are going to the Clinic to do some pet therapy - the first since early January! It'll be good to get back to a normal schedule - I think! I'll just do the one session this week and then start with the nursing home visits next week.

Tkglenn, zinc lozenges really help me when I have a sore throat. I think you can get them with Vitamin C in them and/or echinacea.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #24  
Trying it again....

femme-so you do the computer stuff huh? any suggestions that you might be able to pass onto me? I'm trying to set up my webpage on 50megs for my cake business but i just feel it so overwhelming. I just can't seem to get it straight and organized. I practically took everything off so I could start all over again but that was like 3 weeks ago and haven't fixed it yet. I get so frustrated because I can't seem to make it right. Any suggestions?

cottage-I keep forgetting about the salt water. I'm from Hawaii and whenever we were sick, it may sound funny but my mom used to take us to the beach because the salt water would dry us up. We would get salt water in our mouths and dry up our sore throats. If we were congested, it would dry that up too. Why do I keep forgetting this!!!!! Thanks. Yeah, the Zyrtec does make you drowsy but I would rather be tired then my nose and eyes just dripping.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:10 AM   #25  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Good Morning all!

I figured I'd been posting like mad over in the Phase 2 chat, and I should introduce myself and say hi here, too.

It's going to be a busy day today, but I've got a good lunch in the fridge waiting for me and a good walk up a hill of doom before I eat it.

A lot of you are in cold climates- yesterday here in So Cal it was 75 degrees and sunny. Summer's here already, and I am glad.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #26  
Trying it again....

uscarchie-Hi and welcome!!! Come and visit as often as you wish. What part of so cali
Old 03-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #27  

TK - I'm a visual person. When I do a website, I always like to go with a logo/picture first and derive inspiration from that. For the most part, if it's an informational website, to me clean and clutter-free is the best.

Are you using software for your site? If so, you might just want to use a template. There are tons of templates onlne for inspiration as well. I usually code by hand and build little by little, but that's because I love seeing a plan come together.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #28  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

I'm from orange county- but my life isn't like the show on Bravo!

I guess I'm also not a housewife, either, since I work, and love what I do. I design the lighting in buildings.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:46 AM   #29  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Everyone!

Another crazy day. DH and I are trying to plan a getaway this weekend for my birthday, but it's totally spur of the moment (not my way of doing things!), so we're both online trying to get things settled. The plan was to head to NYC to see Spamalot, but I had no idea how expensive it would be...yikes!!! It's from $170-$250+ a ticket! We could renovate half the kitchen for that, so I have a really hard time feeling comfortable spending that kind of money.

Cottage, I love recumbent bikes--it's great that you can use it while at work!

Ruth, I hear you--it's SO cold still here. But I saw some crocus flowers (tightly curled up, but above the ground!!!) popping up near a neighbor's house last weekend, so spring must be hiding somewhere!!!

Cat, I didn't think I could survive these winters either, but they sure do make spring glorious!

Glad you've got nice weather, Cyndi!

Nessa, I love playing board games, and think Apples to Apples is a lot of fun! Hope you have a great afternoon!

Congrats on good P1 days, Schmoo!

Enjoy the weather, Gonna!

Yikes about you chickies and your gardening! I still haven't planted the seeds for our trellis--and I haven't picked out anything for our veggie garden yet, either. Spring better wait a month or two or I'll be in a lot o' trouble!!!

Pacer, I LOVE your new avatar! It's gorgeous! Enjoy the day--sounds, um, "productive!" I find with cardio machines that you just have to work up to doing long stints on them. Start with 2-5 minutes and increase the time slowly over a course of a couple weeks. Before you know it, you'll be able to do 1/2 hour stints!

Fluffy, I hope you can find some time to exercise. I know how frustrating it is an how little motivation there sometimes is, but it's so important to your weight loss and your health. I don't love doing it, but I do love the results.

Glad you're feeling better TK.

Kim!

Me:
It's cloudy and rainy here, though I heard it's supposed to get up to 50*F tomorrow. I'm off the gym after work, then have to rush to take care of the dog, eat, and shower before heading to Theology on Tap tonight. There's so much to do at home and DH and I ended up lying on the couch for two hours watching inane TV yesterday. Grrr! If we go away all weekend, that'll mean twice as much work to do next week. I think I'd rather stay home...

Hope everyone has a great day and enjoys some nice weather!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #30  
Trying it again....

uscarchie-you have a pretty good job out there. I used to live in Seal Beach if you know where that's at. Man, I love it out there. Wish I could go back. Too expensive and my DH would have a hard time finding something that would get us by. He used to be a Marine but got out after 8 years of service and 8 months in Iraq. We loved Cali. Our hearts were left behind!!! Yeah OC is nothing like the show but....those women do carry their hubby's paychecks!!!! Hahahaha. Just kidding but yeah, it's nothing like the show. Miss it like crazy. I still lots of friends back there and so does my DH. If he ever had a job offer that would keep us "afloat" we would pack up and go back like.....yesterday! lol. you're lucky. I'm jealous now.

fluffy-the website that I go to offers a whole bunch of different template to follow. It's really easy, it's just I, myself, feel cluttered I guess. I don't know what page to put where and what to put on which page. Know what I mean?
Closed Thread