South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 11:44 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Schmoodle - tonight is Dyngus Day. It's a dancing/polka party that starts for families and ends up as a drinking party. We'll be leaving by 7:30, with the kids. Food is included - I guess it's a kielbasa sandwich. I don't much care for sausage, but.... can't exactly bring in my own food. Maybe they'll have a buffet dish kinda thing too so that I can choose something else as well.

I'm doing P1 until that meal, though. I'll be P1 tomorrow as well!

Sitting here with my red pepper and hummus.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:00 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Nessa, that is what we run on the desktop - love it! But that doesn't help any on the video card situation. My laptop is company-owned, so I'm limited as to what I can put on there. But I am running Firefox from the stick right now via the laptop. It's a tangled web in our house - with the desktop, 3 laptops with wireless internet, an old Mac in DD's room, and so on. DD usually does a great job of keeping us up and running. Love Firefox, though, and we also run Ubuntu for our OS on the desktop, which has eliminated all spyware/virus issues.

Fluffy, that is a great name for a day - Dyngus Day! I'll being saying that all day today! Good luck with your sausages, glad you are keeping me company!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 03-24-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

happy easter monday all!!

i had written this nice long post (full of personals!)and it got wiped out for some reason..arrrgh! frustrated now so here goes another shorty

hope all of you down with the flu get better soon and i wish all the rest of you a great cheesecake-free start into your week (i also had 3 pieces )
looking forward to sharing more with you this week as i am on vacation!

toodle pip!
jan
Old 03-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #19  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

We are on a strange schedule today since my husband is off, so we ended up having brunch instead of breakfast. Thought I'd share it if anyone wants to try it out.

I toasted a piece of ezekial bread...then a layer of raw spinich on top of that, then 2 eggs over easy (cooked in pam) on top of that, then a little mozzarella on top of that, then parsley and tarragon on top of it all.

Chicken sausage (basil and tomato I think) and a yummy grapefruit chaser.

Like my husband said "WHO's on a "diet"???

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-19-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:33 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Ugh hope the flu stays down there. I made soup out of the leftovers. We got right on track today. I finally get paid this week so I'll find out how much I really do make. Taxes and stuff are done different here so I have no idea what the check is going to look like. I plan on getting some new clothes. I have one pair of jeans and they fall off at this point. I have a long week this week work wise. I have to switch to nights for a few days starting friday. I think I'll be off orientation by the end of the week.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #21  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, all! It was a crazy morning and I was with students all morning until I went to lunch! DH and I are trying to find a new over-the-range microwave and also trying to decide what to feed our poor puppy who's suffering from struvite crystals. The vet wants to put her on a prescription diet, but the ingredients make me shudder. We're looking into how to do a homemade diet that could help her. All that equals a lot of time on the computer doing research instead of hanging out with you chicks, like I'd like to be doing! Miss you all! Hopefully I can get to personals next time.

Cottage, you had to mention bikinis, didn't you! I can't imagine wearing a bikini...yikes! I bet you'd look great in one, though!

TKGlenn, I'm so sorry you're so sick. I don't know if it makes you feel any better (emotionally!), but the flu is a virus, so no antibiotic can fix it and doctors can only treat the symptoms, not the disease. That's why they fight so hard to prevent people from getting it. I understand why you're using the penicillin, but it can be a really bad idea to take antibiotics when you don't need them...you can kill off the good bacteria you need in your body, and you can also, if you don't take it long enough when you do need it, end up just killing off the weak bacteria and leaving the stronger ones behind to breed. Please be careful with it, okay? Do you have medicare/medicaid (not sure which is which)? Can you apply? Or are there any free clinics near you?

Last edited by beachgal; 03-24-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:08 PM   #22  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon to you all.

Cat that dish looks awesome

Hope those who are sick get better and those who are not sick I sure hope it doesn't make it your way.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:36 PM   #23  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

I've tried for medicaid but because we own 2 trucks, i got denied. There are no "free" clinics but there are clinics that will take you in if you don't have insurance but you gotta pay the price. I know I have the flu so I don't wanna go and pay for something that I already know. I know they are gonna tell me it's virus and nothing can be done, just stay hydrated. I used to work in a doctors office. I completely forgot about the antibiotics not working on a virus until about an hour ago when I was talking to my friend about it. I'll be careful. If I don't get better in a couple of days, I'll just have to pay the price of the clinic. I can't keep going like this. It's been since Thursday night. I can't sleep because my throat hurts so bad. Aaaarrrrggggghhhh. Thanks everyone. I'm off to try and get some sleep.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #24  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

ok here i am no personals it overwhelms me.

i binged yesterday today so far has been really really good.

bri had a root canal this morning... then we went and looked at a sofa he found one he loves... i got us the credit... we will go back on saturday and order it... we really really really need one...
Old 03-24-2008, 08:18 PM   #25  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hello chicks, miss you all alot. But things are so crazy, only 4 weeks till dance competition and still fundraising like crazy. I promise I will be back posting more when things quiet down. Hope you all had a fab Easter. Love yas LC
Closed Thread