Potato question

• I know we aren't supposed to have any potatoes other than sweet potatoes on SBD, but I remember reading somewhere that there were 1 or 2 kinds of potatoes that were a tiny more acceptable than others but I don't remember the names...does anyone know what kinds I'm talking about?
  • Hmmmm...somehow I remember that too. I think it was tiny new potatoes because they had a lower GI. Anybody?
  • Yes, it is the red new potatoes. I don't use them often but I believe they are okay occasionally.
  • thanks ladies!
  • Thanks, Barb. I can hardly wait!
  • I've been staying clear of potatoes but I might eat some new potatoes tonight. Thanks, I'm always needing a little something different sometimes.
  • Remember they would not be allowed on Phase I and should be just once in a while on Phase II.
  • I think it is important to remember that you should try to find the tiny ones. Just because they are red skinned doesn't make them "new" potatoes.
    I was trying to teach my dad about healthier choices and was telling him to use "new" potatoes when he really wanted a potato. He interpreted this as any red skinned potato. He has diabetes and is trying to learn to eat lower GI/GL foods.