South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default Can I eat the same meal twice a day?

I made the spinach quiches yesterday. (i'm in phase one) Since I have very good cholesterol, I substituted 6 eggs for the 3/4 egg beaters in the recipe (figuring that with each serving of 2 quiches, i'd get a whole egg).

One question I have is this: Can I have the quiches for both breakfast and dinner? Or the ricotta dessert for both dessert and as an afternoon snack? I was told that you eat what you want, as long as its on the program, and you eat until you are full. I am not a big meat eater and since I loved the quiches this morning, I had them again for dinner, along with a cup of green beans. Is it ok to change up the meal choices like this or should I only have eggs once a day, ricotta once a day, etc..?
valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #2  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

I don't think there would be any ingredients in the quiche that would be limited in phase 1. Eggs certainly are not limited and veggies aren't limited. There is a dairy limit in phase 1, you might review that to check on the ricotta.
There is no limit on how many times a day you eat the same thing.
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyDogMom View Post
I don't think there would be any ingredients in the quiche that would be limited in phase 1. Eggs certainly are not limited and veggies aren't limited. There is a dairy limit in phase 1, you might review that to check on the ricotta.
There is no limit on how many times a day you eat the same thing.
Hi thanks for the speedy answer SDM! Good news on the quiches...i'd rather have them than a piece of meat any day!

I've been looking through the 2003 edition (SB book) and have not found where it says there is a limit on the dairy products. All is has is a list of foods to enjoy and LF ricotta is one of them. Maybe I am not looking in the right place? Or maybe the plan has been updated since 2003? I will keep looking around until I am sure. I dont want to be eating more than I should.

Last edited by valley; 03-01-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #4  
Determined to lose!

I don't think there's a limit, and I've been guilty of doing the same... my only warning would be if someone planned on eating the same thing too often, and gets bored with it. I'm finding that the more I get creative, the easier it is to stick with the plan!!!!!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann7 View Post
I don't think there's a limit,
Thanks Loriann. I hope not! I'll keep looking just to be sure, though.

Quote:
and I've been guilty of doing the same... my only warning would be if someone planned on eating the same thing too often, and gets bored with it. I'm finding that the more I get creative, the easier it is to stick with the plan!!!!!
I'm one of those people who can eat the same thing over and over again...like chili every night for a week (when i'm not dieting) I'll probably eat quiche every day for the first week and then i'll find a new favorite for the second week. If I do get bored, i'll dig through the many recipes here and hopefully will find a new favorite to hold me over until phase 2 kicks in.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

There's a chili recipe in the recipe section that is SBD friendly. Check it out!

I *believe* the dairy max is 2 - 3 cups per day, including yogurt. However, I also believe that this does not include cheese.

Hope that helps!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
There's a chili recipe in the recipe section that is SBD friendly. Check it out!
wonderful! I am a huuuge chili fan. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
I *believe* the dairy max is 2 - 3 cups per day, including yogurt. However, I also believe that this does not include cheese.

Hope that helps!
It does help. Thanks Kara. The ricotta recipe I like is a half cup. I think it will be safe if I have it twice a day, since i'm not having any dairy (not a milk drinker or yogurt eater)
Old 03-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #8  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Valley, you are not alone......

This is hard to believe but I have eaten the same breakfast for 62 days straight! 2 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon and depending on whether I am in Phase One or Two---multi grain toast w SBD margarine and no sugar jam. I wonder if that is a record----somewhere!

I keep promising myself to venture out, take a risk, try something new but.....I like eating that.

I think Kara's idea is right on. I mean if it's on the plan and you like it, go for it. Why not?
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote