South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Spring Forward Weekend Chat!

Happy Saturday!

So who's snowed in today? We got lots of rain, but thankfully it was too mild for the snow. More heavy rain is on the way for the rest of the day, too. We may need a rowboat!
I'm headed to Trader Joe's after breakfast and may work in a trip to the mall. I need new underwear, but want to be fitted for a bra first to make sure I'm getting the right size. What is the name of the brand you like, Schmoodle?
Monica and the girls may be out later, depending on the weather. Caite leaves tomorrow for 3 weeks in France as an exchange student. This is her second year going over there, and she's really looking forward to seeing her French friends again.
I feeling much better than yesterday, thank goodness for my strong immunity that South Beach has given me!
Old 03-08-2008, 07:10 AM   #2  

Morning, cottage! I'm glad you are feeling better. It's clear here but 26 degrees. I need to leave in a few minutes to take stuff to the Cub Scout Garage Sale. I've got a carload of Brian's old books and toys as well as two weedwackers and a baby gate. I don't need that anymore! I've also got an old gas grill. No way that will go in the car but I only live a block or two from the church so I'm planning to push it there. I'll be careful crossing the 6 lane road in the dark.

Then off to the parenting workshop for the morning. Better go silence a cat. She think Brian should be up since I am up.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:48 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It's the weekend! It has been such a long week.

Cottage - Glad you're feeling better. So many people around here have been sick. I've gotten very cautious when I visit child care programs - don't touch much and disinfect my hands as soon as I'm back to the car. I have great immunity from years of working around children but this year is certainly putting it to the test.

Barb - Have a good day!

It's raining here. I'm so glad it's not more snow. We have a quiet weekend planned. We're off to check out exercise bikes this morning, then all cooking. cleaning. organizing this weekend.

I'm trying oatmeal for breakfast again, actually Bob's Red Mill 5 grain cereal. When I tried it early in Phase 2 it caused some late day cravings. I hope that my body is more settled now and it won't be a problem. It certainly tastes great.

Ruth - How is it up north? Sorry about the snow.

Kara - I'm trying your brownie recipe today. It will be fun to have sweet treats again (other than my single square of 84% dark chocolate)!

Daylight Savings time! I'll have enough daylight after work to walk outside again.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:53 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What a perky bunch of Early Chicks! Cottage, I'm glad you feel better. Barb, is it dark there? Whoops, just realized the time zone difference.

Tonight we do the clock change. Because we are in the midst of a huge snowstorm, Church has been cancelled - probably just as well because there are people who forgot the time change and make it just in time for the coffee hour! If this snow keeps up, nobody will be able to find the Church anyhow.

So....today (and probably tomorrow) will be quiet, at home days. I have food, drink and firewood so we'll be fine as long as the power doesn't go out.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:54 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

CindyM, if you want snow, I can send you lots!
Old 03-08-2008, 08:11 AM   #6  

Ruth - It was dark when I posted yet but not when I dropped the grill off at 6:30. It took about 15 minutes to push it. I forgot how heavy it was and you really can't push it, it had to be pulled which is a lot harder. I managed to work up a sweat even with the temperature. I've been back and dropped off the carload. Brian has had breakfast and we'll leave in a few minutes. I'm nervous about this parenting thing. But I'm sure they are used to couples with tension between them. And we do want the best for Brian.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Ruth we have rain here. We're supposed to get 40-50 mm. I think NB has ice but we're getting winds tonight. I'm glad this isn't snow we'd really be buried or worse that half snow half rain stuff we usually seem to get.

Hope your power stays on. Onterio's been hit hard this winter. It's almost over though. Just a few more weeks.

I stayed on the straight and narrow first week of working. My brains feel like mush though. I'm still working on the stuff. I have to go to the floor tuesday and there is so much to remember. It's warm out today and the rain smells like spring rain and is really kinda nice. I wanted to walk today but had a good yoga work out which was probably better after sitting in class all week. I had chocolate truffles right under my nose as well as potatoe chips ( including extra hot nachos which are my favorite) and I didn't give an inch. I'm really having fun learning new things at work. I've not enjoyed nursing this much in years. They have a medical library on site which is a luxury I've never had before and I'm looking forward to browsing there. The people seem decent and the patient population is younger than I've worked with in awhile. ( under 90) which is nice. Hopefully this will help with weight loss. I don't have time to snack outside of the breaks given to us and its an active job.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #8  

Good morning!

As Barb mentioned, it is a chilly morning here in the Dallas area. We had a wacky weather week that resulted in NO days off school. It snows so infrequently here that there are no bad weather days built into the yearly calendar, but I would have happily made up the day in June!

Cottage I remember that Caite went last year. Are you less nervous this time around??

Barb I was sound asleep in Megan's twin bed when you were out pushing that grill! She has been climbing into bed with us sometime in the middle of the night, then she flips and flops all over the place.

Ruth I am curious to see what the attendance at church is tomorrow. I have a few livewire boys that I am sure won't be affected by the time change!

Spirit I haven't "met" you!

Me- Things here are good, just really busy. I welcome the weekends for a bit of "veg" time, although those have even been filling up with Abigail's activities. She is playing soccer this year, which she loves so far.

The eating has been out of control..... I know I have to go back to Phase 1, although I may try a Phase 2 this week as that would still be better than I have been doing. Then I can hit Phase 1 hard over spring break when I have a bit more time to cook and do it right. I am hoping that with the timw change that I will get out with the girls in the evening and walk, even for just a short bit. It all comes down to organization with me..... something that I know would make my life as a working mom run more effeciently, but that I can't seem to get a handle on!!

Okay, both girlies are up and hungry- gotta jet!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Barb - I know nothing of your situation, but I think I would give him one chance for this. He did, after all ask when it was. Good luck with the parenting class.

Cottage - I always feel pretty strong when my body fights off an illness. I usually had a weak immune system, but have been on supplements for quite a while and they have helped a lot. I used to be sick through the whole winter. This year, I got the flu once and it was in February. Not so bad for me.

Spirit - it's great that you're enjoying your job. That always make life so much better.

Me: Was up again on the scale today, but I'm not worried at this point. 3 lbs in a week is still great. I need to exercise today, that's for sure. I can't do coffee with artificial sweetener, and coffee is my one little splurge. I tried it this morning with a little *gasp* real sugar and I'll see how it goes. I made sure to have it WITH breakfast (eggs & ricotta waffle) so that might hopefully help it out. If it doesn't go well, I'll just have to cut it out entirely. :sigh:

DH will be gone again all day today, helping BIL&SIL move. So, just another day to me but with more kids. Cleaning, laundry, cooking... yay.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:58 PM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Krystal, have you tried agave nectar? It's the consistancy of honey, has a sweet taste, and is very low on the GI index so it doesn't spike your blood sugar. I have become a recent convert, since we didn't have any in Korea, but I'm planning on ordering it if it's not in Germany. It's great!

Cyndi, good luck finding a bike! Enjoy the brownies - this recipe is sure a keeper! I'm going to try some with either dried cranberries or peanut butter next. I haven't decided yet.

Ruth, hope you don't get buried in the snow.

Linda, too bad we didn't go to the same Trader Joe's today! I ran in for a couple things late morning!

Barbara, good luck on the parenting class! I can't believe you dragged that grill - what a woman!!!

Kiko...hey! Good to see you around!!!!

Jen, glad you're enjoying your job!

We got the internet problem fixed - thank goodness!!! I don't know what I'd do without the internet! I talked to Tom this morning. He was getting ready for bed and had less than twelve hours before he had to get on the bus to get to the airport in Seoul! I am so excited to see him - I seriously have to stop myself from buying a ticket out to California to see him a couple days sooner!

My eating is going so well. I am revving up my motivation to stay on track through all of the crazy family celebrations when Tom's back. It's going to be quite a trial! I do need some advice, Linda, on lunches at Cracker Barrel. They serve breakfast all day, right? I might just get oatmeal. I love oatmeal!

Off to get a sip of water.

Kara
Old 03-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #11  

Kara, I think CB serves breakfast all day, I'm not sure. I've never had lunch or supper there, so I'm afraid I can't help you out in that department. Sorry. I can just feel your excitement over the internet regarding Tom's homecoming! What's to stop you from meeting him in California?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Three kids and a couple hundred dollars...

Kara
Old 03-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

cottage, the one I ended up buying was Wacoal (weird name). Then I ended up finding another one at Lane Bryant that I liked, so now I have two that don't drive me crazy. Just wanted to pop in and answer your question in case you go shopping. I'll be back to chat more later chicks, I've got tons of things I need to accomplish today!
Old 03-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Kara, I had lunch at Cracker Barrel not long ago. I was trying to remember if they have anything vegetarian. They have a beans and greens combo, which is what I had and it was very yummy... But now that I think of it, I would bet one or both is seasoned with ham. They did have breakfast all day, and they did have some SB friendly lunch and dinner stuff, but all I can think of had meat. Maybe an omelet is your best bet.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:13 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
Three kids and a couple hundred dollars...

Kara
Hmmmm, I could keep the kids for you, but you'd have to come up with the money for the plane ticket.

I got called away and had to cut my reply to you short, sorry! For breakfast at Cracker Barrel, I sometimes get the ww French Toast and top it with bananas, pecans and SF syrup. I always top my oatmeal with bananas, pecans and SF syrup, too. They will also make an omelette for you, although it's not on the menu. I think they do a pretty good job offering healthier choices such as skim milk, ww bread, SF syrup and Eggbeaters. I'll have to check out their lunch and dinner selections to see what healthy options they may have to offer.
Closed Thread