South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #16  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good luck getting everything ready, Kim! I know you're going to have a great time!

Schmoo, I'm so excited that you found the Y to be such a great place! Swimming always wears me out, too!

I've got the laundry started, the receipts entered, and am depositing checks electronically. Next on the list is the post office!

Kara
Old 02-25-2008, 11:06 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schmoodle, thanks for the recipe. If you recommend it, I know it must be good! I think I'll make it for Friday's meatless supper.

Looks like you have a busy day planned, Kara! Enjoy this beautiful morning, I heard rain is moving in for later. Did you find some good shopping deals on Saturday? Monica and I went over to The Container Store, that place is amazing! Then we walked back to the car to find a flat tire! Must have come from all the construction going on there at the mall.

Kim, oooh, only 3 more days to go, huh? I'm jealous. Actually, I have a week's vacation coming up the 2nd week of March while Cindy and her mother take the girls to Florida.

GONNA and Laurie!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:06 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Kara, I tried the 2 mile High Calorie Burn yesterday, which was definitely a step up from the 1 mile. Today, I'm going to do the 30-minute one. So far, I like them all.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:13 AM   #19  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoodle, I think their outfits in the 2 mile High Calorie Burn are my favorite! The pink is cute!

Linda, aren't you all woman - changing a flat tire! Now I have new motivation to get out and about this morning. Thanks for the heads' up on the rain!

Checks are deposited. Now to change the laundry over and then hit the post office!

Kara
Old 02-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #20  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Okay, I'm back...I'll do my best with personals...might not get through everyone!

Loriann, you might want to try No Sugar Added ice cream if you end up tempted again before he moves out. It's not the best option, but it's better than the sugar ones. If you have cravings, hit P1 again for 3-5 days until they go away.

Cat, congrats on your daughter's visit! That's wonderful! How's your foot/toe?

Spiritmage, congrats on the NSV!!! That's awesome! Sounds like the first time I sat in an airplane seat and didn't need an extender! Spirit, losing 40 pounds before June...that's really an extreme goal. That's something like 3 pounds a week...it's not only unhealthy, it's pretty unlikely. Please don't set yourself up to be disappointed in yourself--especially over something you couldn't have accomplished no matter how hard you tried, okay? Be gentle with yourself. You didn't gain this in a couple months and you can't lose it in a couple, either. You know your body much better than I do, so if you really feel this is an achievable goal for you, fine. But if you're picking "200" as your goal just because you want to be there soon rather than because you really think it's achievable, please pick something more possible. When you pick a goal, figure out what you are very likely to lose and then add a couple pounds so that you'll only make it if you stick to the plan. That way, it's still a challenge, but it's one that you are very likely to make, as long as you stick to your plan. Set yourself up for success, okay?

Cottage, is your DD visiting you or are you visiting her? Snuggling with a kitty is wonderful! I'm so sorry about your flat tire! Did you really change it yourself??? Wow!!!! (I need an "I'm not worthy" smilie!) I love The Container Store...

LC, I hope you avoid that cold!

Thin, congrats on the NSV and on the beautiful ring! That's so exciting!!!

Kara...yeah, this is definitely my "real" work! Glad you're feeling peppy and getting lots done! Love the walk to the post office! Are you running at all yet? That might be another great way to get out of the house!

Schmoodle, the next town over has an amazing Y...they have great fitness equipment, awesome classes and an incredible pool--the kids' side even has a curly water slide! The stew looks yummy (I love lentils!)...and easy! Can you post it in the recipe section when you get a minute?

Me:
Off to the gym after work tonight. I somehow pulled a big muscle in my back on Saturday morning. It might have been picking up our dog quickly from a bending over position. On Saturday night, I did some move it didn't like and sent it into spasms that made me lose my breath! I've never had real back pain before, so this is new and scary for me! I babied it all day yesterday and it wasn't bothering me much by nighttime, but it hurt when I got up today. I'm a little scared that the lack of steady balance on the elliptical might hurt it...I'm going to try holding on to the handlebars the whole time (usually I don't use them) and see.

One of my dear friends is having her first baby tomorrow! The little guy (well, not so little!) was over 9 pounds a couple weeks ago and there's no way he's coming out the normal route, so she's having a c-section tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to meet him in person and see her being a happy mom!!!

Other than that, not too much going on. Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by beachgal; 02-25-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:32 PM   #21  
Visualizing the Goal

Laurie, we had a WONDERFUL walk to the post office! It's hard to run with the two little ones along, so I have to fit in my miles when other people can watch them, but my little running girl is reporting all miles run since the beginning of the year!

Hope your back feels better!

Kara
Old 02-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #22  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Just antoher quickie, I am feeling slightly better, but still stuffy in the nose and I have a huge headache and one little one that will not stop screaming. But I am going for a walk tonight no matter what. I need to get my butt back on track. I am going back to TOPS on wed nights just to weigh in.... hopefully that will help. I have avoided the scales but I think I am maintaining we will see wed night for sure. I ran out of time this morning to go get the tea cottage was telling me about but I will try to remember to pick it up wed night while I am in town. Well gotta to dash and get ready for the kids to have snack and pick up times are starting soon as well. Supper is half way started and I need to decided what we are having with our ham. Have a great night and I will pop in tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:44 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Default 200 by summer

Laurie I've been dropping an average of 3-4 lbs a week. I don't know if it will continue. I'm nearly 2 months into this and it hasn't really slowed down except for the TOM when it jumps around a bit. I've not been really that hungry and feel pretty good so I guess its okay.

Also I meant by summer in general rather than June specifically. I'm lower now than I've been in 15 years, I can almost see the light.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:51 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

Hi All-Back from Cancun vacation, it was great!
I think I only gained a pound, husband just a couple.
We snorkled and walked alot. Back on track today.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:03 PM   #25  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Hello everyone. My DD had her surgery this morning to put tubes in her ears and her adenoids taken out. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. She's peacefully sleeping right now. I know she uncomfortable because every now and then I'll hear her wimper but she'll go right back to sleep. My poor baby. I know it's for the better though. All I had was half a burrito to eat today. Is a burrito healthy? Well, better run, DD is waking up and crying now.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #26  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Laurie hope your backs okay

SA glad vacation was great

TK glad to hear dd is doing well

Alright I am leaving work & heading to the grocery store I will try to check in later
Old 02-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Holy cow, where did you all get the idea that I changed the flat tire? That would have been a real comedy-of-errors, No, we called our trusty old AAA to come and take care of it. It's a real compliment to me, though, for you all to think I'd be capable of such a thing!

Laurie, I took the train over to Monica's on Friday, and she and the girls drove me home yesterday. BTW, she said to tell you "hi!"
Old 02-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #28  
Visualizing the Goal

Thank goodness for AAA! Any way it happened, glad it got done, Linda!

SA, welcome home! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Tawnya, glad to hear the surgery went well! Healing prayers to your cute little baby girl!

Jen, keep up the great work! You are doing incredibly well!!!

I'm off to find something good and healthy and around 200 calories for my evening snack. I just passed up the donut my father-in-law offered me without a second thought. I don't need that. Alrighty, I'm on a mission!

Kara
Closed Thread