South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #16  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Oh, wow...I just got back from shopping at Target...got a bunch of cute stuff..cute little skirts to wear to work and to wear during the summer to just hang around in....
but...this is the good part...
The skirts were...SIZE SIX, SIZE SIX, SIZE SIX. So, now do I change my goal since I passed it up???? Thankyou, South Beach.
Tonight I am going through my closet and all my fat clothes are going to the church asap.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-23-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #17  

I've found that the best thing about being smaller (when I *was* smaller) was that there was always more cute stuff on clearance in size six and eight than there is in 12 or 14. I'll be there again...
Old 02-23-2008, 08:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! Made in it to town about an hour ago. I can't believe how well our work went - we were awesome!! (Plus, I don't mind that I saved the Appraisal District some hotel and gas money.) I'm too exhausted to post personals, but I do want to send a to dear Ruth. I'm sorry your knee is being such a pain.

Now, off to lay on the couch and watch my Spurs. Ahhhh, so good to be home!
Old 02-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #19  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Well I got my heart rate monitor and I plan on using it starting tomorrow.

Kara glad your meeting wth Cottage (linda) went well

Kim Glad you made it home safe & sound. I hope your team wins - Go Spurs!

Hi Magnolia glad you checked in

Gotta go watch some tv with dh before bed so I will chat at yall in the morning.

Good Nite!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:11 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Sunday morning. I'm enjoying my tea, but wishing it was coffee. DD and SIL aren't coffee drinkers, so I have to wait until we get to church to have my first cup of the day. Carley is singing in the Cherub choir this morning, so I'm looking forward to that.
It was so nice to meet Kara IRL yesterday! Her little ones are just too precious, and are so well behaved! And Kara looks amazing! We're going to try to get together at least one more time while she's here in the states, and I'm looking forward to it.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:49 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

I love to hear of chicks meeting up for the first time! I've met quite a few 3FC folks IRL and am looking forward to meeting many more. So far: Suzanne 3FC, Jennifer 3FC, Leenie, Jiffypop, LindaBC, Beachgal, Mauvaisrouge, Ellis, Ilene, KarenK, Sandi, LGH, Madcat, Shad, Hollyhock, Carla43, Jane. Mel and Meg. This spring and summer, I intend to add to the list for sure!

Thanks for the concern over my darned knee. I am pretty sure there is an infection as it feels warm most of the time. Blood test results will be in on Monday and I'm pretty sure my doc (not the frassin' surgeon!) will prescribe anti-biotics to see if it clears up without "intervention". If I ever get the other knee replaced, I will be changing surgeons - the current guy seems to have slept through the pain management lectures. "Do yoga breathing" indeed!

Lovely sunshine is happening today. I just may bundle up and have my afternoon herb tea on the porch. It's time to "get the house smell off" as my Dad used to say.

Have a great Sunday.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies!

I woke up to more lovely white snow coming down I am ready for spring...

Had a wonderful trip last weekend to see my parents in Gulfport, MS...

Cat the day we went to Oceansprings it poured buckets so did not get to see much of the shops, we did go to New Orleans to walk around and had a lovely time.

I had a hard time staying op while there my parents did not have alot that was op and I still have a hard time saying no to my parents, but came back and got back on track again.

Enjoy your Sunday morning, I think I am going to put on my workouts clothes and do a dvd before everyone wakes up.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #23  

I feel good about what I've accomplished so far this weekend. Brian and I put down 9 bags of topsoil and planted quite a few plants and cleaned the pool. Then I got the house vacuumed last night and mopped this morning. The grocery list is made and it is almost time to leave for Faith Formation and church. I'll stop at the grocery store on the way back from church. I do have a meeting this afternoon with my program director to plan the budget for Twilight Camp. My eating has not been so great and I haven't gotten any exercise. If the weather is nice later, maybe we can go for a bike ride depending how long it takes to plan the budget.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:00 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, soooo good to be back home and sleep in my own bed after 3 nights of not much sleep. I feel so much better today. Yesterday was another pain in the butt travel day, starting with the lady at the ticket counter accidentally hiding my driver's license under a piece of paper. After I'd torn apart my luggage, gone back to my rental car, and was about to go back to the hotel to look, I went back to her one more time, she looked down and said "Oh! Here it is! oops!" I refrained from killing her and made it onto the plane by the skin of my teeth. I also hadn't realized my travel agent had me flying into a different airport than I flew out of, so I had to take the train from Washington to Baltimore to pick up my car. Some trips are just cursed by the travel gods, I guess! Here's an interesting thing - Chelsea Clinton was three rows in front of me on the flight from El Paso. She looked tired. I'm sure she's working her butt off for Mama these days.

So, I'll be doing mountains of laundry today, and desperately need to run by the grocery store. I'm going to do the WATP DVD this morning, and this afternoon I think I'll take the kids up to the YMCA and check out the indoor pool there. I've been thinking about joining. And while we're up that way we'll pay a visit to my Grandmother.

I was great on plan until last night, when I indulged in many peanut M&Ms.

Ruth, poor knee. I'm sorry you're having such a tough recovery. Enjoy the sunshine!
Spirit, I haven't grown lettuce in a couple of years, I'm going to try again this spring. One year I had a great crop and it was the best thing to walk out and pick your dinner salad. The next year it didn't do so well.
Hi Gonna!
Kara, I found my remote control so I can try the 2 mile workout this morning!
cottage, hope you had a fun weekend in Jersey! Wish I could have joined you and kara. I'll bet you guys had fun!
Cat, have you done the square foot gardening yet? It works great. I have the book and use the techniques in my veggie garden. I call it gardening for engineers. Those walls look very cool though, I may have to think about getting some of those. Congrats on your NSV!!
Kim, glad you are home safe and sound. I'm sure you enjoyed sleeping in your own bed last night as much as I did.
Hi Pearlrose, glad you are home and back on track!
Wow, Barb, you are a machine this weekend! I love weekends like those, it makes it so much easier to face Monday!

It took me forever to get this post written and posted! My MIL interrupted with her customary Sunday morning call. I should have thought first and not answered the phone. I hate when DH is away and I have to deal with her. She always ends up crying and telling me how she has no desire to live anymore. She said she visited her doctor last week and he's very concerned about her health, she could go any time, but that's okay because her life is over and she's only living now for her children, blah, blah, blah, boo-hoo. I know I sound terrible and should try to have more patience with her, but the reality is she's healthy as a horse, and just likes to make her sons feel bad. She is the greatest master of guilt I've every met. I consider myself very lucky that there is an ocean between us! Well, I'm off the hook until next Sunday, and I think I'll go put up a sticky by the phone to remind me not to take any calls next Sunday AM.

Hope I haven't missed anyone. Have a great Sunday chicks!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-24-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:49 AM   #25  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Schmoodle, on the square foot garden..yep. Had one years ago when my kids were little. Worked out great (made of railroad ties) I had a fenced off section of the yard and put the kids "baby pool" in the middle of it and they could play in the pool while I worked in the garden. The house and husband I had then are but a memory along with the garden!

Sorry about the MIL. I am so blessed to have the greatest MIL ever. She is precious and cute and funny and is a party animal. You say party and she's headed for the door. She is close to 80 going on 20. She's a great friend and I miss her living in N.O. (lost her house in Katrina). She now lives in Houston with my BIL and his family. She is coming to stay with us for a couple of weeks at the end of March.

Don't get me started on my ex MIL. Battleax. Nightmare. good riddance. One of those "no matter what you do it's never right" people.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-24-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:40 PM   #26  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Hiya chicks! Hope your day is as beautiful as mine. There is not a clound in the sky.

Dh & I got up at 6 this morning and had breakfast and headed to the beach so he could fish and I walked some laps on the beach - thats a tough workout on the legs but great cardio for the heart.

We are getting ready to head to the ball park for softbal practice, there I plan to do some more walking on the track.

Schmoodle glad your back home

Check in with you gals a bit later
Old 02-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Hello everyone,
Checking in real quick before I am off to a kids party and grocery shopping. Have a question hoping one of the cookers in the group can answer. Have a cookie recipe I LOVE and want to convert 1 c sugar and 1 c brown sugar to splenda and agave nectar. I know I can use all of the amount in splenda but I really don't like the taste. I tried maple sf syrup instead of splenda and regular sugars but it tasted to much like coffee to me and I am not a coffee drinker. If there is a hint to using these like adding something else I would take it. I would really like to try just agave maybe what do you think? If it turns out I will let you know but if I could make these cookies oh maaan for me.

Ok the kids are yelling at me to go will check in later.

Thank you
Old 02-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #28  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Back from the ball park - got 4 miles in. My heart rate monitor is great!

In the next lil bit it's off to church & then applebees for dinner.

PHX not to sure about the recipe but one of the other smart chicks here will know for sure
Old 02-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #29  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chicks, back from MIA. Life has gotten in the way of computer time lately. I have been super busy with dance fundraising. It is always that way this time of year. But I am going to be better at checking in this week. Cuz I miss you guys. Of course I know sooner get in here that I have to drive a friend home and get a load of laundry done that is needed for tomorrow. Take care chicks. I will pop in tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:24 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Also back from MIA! (I hope I'm back)

Just checking in to say hello to everyone. SB has been going okay, not awesome (working late drives me to the unhealthy choices when we all put in our orders for dinner). BUT...I've been maintaining my weight loss so far, and I take that to mean I'm not making such bad decisions all the time.

I'm going to throw in a few days of P1 here to get all into things again.

Will check in again tomorrow! Hope everyone is really well.
Closed Thread