South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #46  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks, chickies, for helping explain the sig prob. I never venture out of SBD (though I highly recommend that you do...there are TONS of fabulous forums here at 3FC!!!), so I hadn't seen the announcement. Sorry 'bout that!

TK, I'm sorry you've got so much on your plate! Poor little pups...sounds like it was for the best, but it's still hard. Does that leave you with four pups? (math was never my strong point...)

Does DH have a therapist? He should be learning coping skills for dealing with his PTSD that do NOT involve making you feel crappy. I have PTSD and I've never had to take it out on DH to deal with it. The worst that's happened to him is that some of the time I couldn't go to my job, since that's where the stressful event happened. My therapist has been immensely helpful and I'm almost over it unless I go to the site of the trauma. So, DH should get better with therapy...and it shouldn't be like this forever. I'll be thinking of you!

So, what's with your father coming to visit when he's sick??? He could have infected the whole plane, and why is he bringing the flu into your house when you have a baby? Yikes!!! I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty upset with my dad if he showed up on my doorstep expecting me to nurse him out of the flu. But maybe your dad didn't realize he was getting sick? If he's only been sick for a couple hours or so, you might try giving him Oscillococcinum. It's a homeopathic remedy and usually I think they aren't worth anything, but this one works! It's helped me avoid the flu entirely once and helped DH get over his in a day instead of the weeks that his coworkers dealt with. It's great stuff!

Hope things get much better very soon, hon.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:35 PM   #47  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Guys:
I'm behind on my goals for the day! So no time for Personals except
TK so sorry about the puppies!!
Kara Welcome back home!
While I'm still staying away from the scale Due to swelling issues. . .I'm on day 1 Ph 1 the only day I'll be a bit more Lax is Thursday when Hopefully I'll burn it off
DH and I went to a cooking class on Saturday afternoon It was the first time we did a Me hobby! It was Pretty Healthy except a bit Heavy on the EVOO for my plumbing and *cough* fudge I think if I recreate some of it I'll be rockin the cooking spray.
Ok bbl
Kier
Old 02-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #48  
Determined to lose!

Wow, you all have been busy! So, should I feel priveledged to still have my scale showing? :P
Old 02-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #49  

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks Cat! I will try to make it there and check out the shops....I know we are going to New Orleans one day to walk around as well, never been.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #50  

HI

I have come 2 or 3 times today to post and got sidetracked by somehting in the house. LOL andforgot to post.

Well so much for my me day. Ihave spent the day getting tax stuff together. FUN FUN...NOT

Lorraine I like your siggy--The 5 C's of healthy living!! I am going to post that on my fridge.

TK sorry about the puppies
Cottage Hows the soup?
Smoodle Love the wallpaper..when we move wanna come do mine?

confession time..I had a small jr cheeseburger today. I wasn't craving it per se. I just wanted something. I have a terrible migraine and nothing else sounded good. LOL Everything else I thought about eating sounded nauseating. LOL I don't feel guilty because this is a way of life and I know I will not always be perfect on plan but I am commited to being on plan the rest of the day. I didn't get fries and did eat a big salad with it. SO I don't feel too bad. I am ready to combat the cravings with redpeppers and celery and LOTS of water.

Tammie
Old 02-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #51  
Determined to lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammie00 View Post
HI

Lorraine I like your siggy--The 5 C's of healthy living!! I am going to post that on my fridge.

confession time..I had a small jr cheeseburger today. I wasn't craving it per se. I just wanted something. I have a terrible migraine and nothing else sounded good. LOL Everything else I thought about eating sounded nauseating. LOL I don't feel guilty because this is a way of life and I know I will not always be perfect on plan but I am commited to being on plan the rest of the day. I didn't get fries and did eat a big salad with it. SO I don't feel too bad. I am ready to combat the cravings with redpeppers and celery and LOTS of water.

Tammie
Tammie, thx, but I can not take credit! I stole it from a long time member here "Heather", as I mention in the sig!

And yes, I too can feel your pain of cheating! I had a cookie earlier!
Old 02-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #52  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Only1, hi to you, too!

Gonna, you reminded me that I need to get my eyebrows done. They are sorely in need of un-unibrowing!

Tawnya, you are going to crash one of these days if you can't find an outlet for this stress. I can feel it all bubbling inside of your posts! Go talk to a pastor or counselor or something, woman. We need you here!!! I'm sorry about the pups. That's so sad.

Stephanie, why is it that the weekends fly by so quickly? It's just not fair, is it? Hope your Monday is going well!

LC, hope the tea cleared up the headache! What kind is your favorite? I have noticed you're a fellow tea drinker!

Rose, be safe if you have to go out in the weather. Some time in Mississippi should clear up the winter doldrums. Good luck getting past 187!

Laurie, I'm sure if it's an obedience class, they'll be used to dogs wanting to play with their friends! Don't stress it. Hope you all learn lots!

SA, have fun in the sun for all of us!

Schmoo, at least you're standing in the bathroom! It could be worse...plenty of worse things to do for long periods of time in there! It looks great!!!

Kara
Old 02-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #53  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Boy has it been busy here at work for me - makes the day go quicker. Hope you gals are having a great day.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #54  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Tammie it's all about getting back on the Beach Towel! You can do it!
Old 02-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #55  
Visualizing the Goal

Morning, Neko!

Hi, KT! I don't think we've "met"! Nice to see you!

Kim, glad to hear the weekend was nice. I can't wait to see your pics!

Kara
Old 02-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #56  
Visualizing the Goal

Hey Kierie! A cooking class sounds like a blast! That's going to go on my List of Things to Do Sometime!!!

Tammie, way to go getting back on track. I think it's more about your plan for after an off-plan meal than the actual "cheat" itself. Getting yourself back into the swing of things right away is SO important, and if you can master that, you should be golden.

Our day is going SO well! Connor is doing spectacularly well on his schooling for having had a week off. He's been plugging away without too many reminders and only has two things left on his list. My eating has been spot on perfect today, which is so impressive because last night was my brother's birthday party and I was NOT on plan in the least (except for the handful of cashews I ate before the cake and ice cream...). I wanted more junk when we got home but had a glass of water instead and then went to bed and I'm so proud of not spiralling out of control!

Gotta go get some snack.

Kara
Old 02-11-2008, 03:58 PM   #57  
Determined to lose!

Kara, I'm assuming your talking about dog obedience? I have a story that I'm so proud of Jade I thought I'd share!

Jade, a 10 mo. old black lab weighing in at only 50 lbs (but healthy, she's just small lined). It's been months since our obedience class and about a month ago I started working with her on heeling (beyond what that class taught). three times only of keeping her in heel position (for a very short time each incident)... well, after three weeks of not walking her (my son was doing it for me) I had her out and tried it (WITHOUT THE LEASH IN HAND) AND not only did she heel, but she went all the way home, in a park where there were other dogs, whom she knows and loves, and loves to play with, and stayed in heel position till we got home!!!!! (about a mile and a half!).
Old 02-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #58  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Kara glad to hear Connor is doing well. Remember life happens so don't beat yourself up about the party
Old 02-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #59  

Just wanted to say hi, all!

TK, sorry about the pups. That is so incredibly sad.

And cottage, I am jealous...really miss Wegman's! Originally from the east coast and now out west...there's nothing like Weggie's out here!!!

Tammie: When I'm sick, I have a really hard time staying on plan. Hope your migraine is better now. And you didn't have fries, and it was probably only a tiny bun since it was a mini-cheeseburger, so no worrying allowed, ok?

Last edited by bellaluna; 02-11-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #60  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Bella I love your screen name is that a Moonstruck Reference?
Closed Thread