Pancake mix

• I am sure it is illegel but I am asking anyway. I am trying to get rid of stuff in the cabinets since we are moving in a few months. I am trying to "cook" from the cabinets. If this stuff is illegel I will be finding a food drive. LOL

Is the wholewheat aunt jamima pancake mix illegel?
    Oat Bran cereal?
  • What are the ingredients?
  • here are the ingrediants for the pancake mix

INGREDIENTS: WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, ENRICHED BLEACHED FLOUR (BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), LEAVENING (SODIUM BICARBONATE, SODIUM ALUMINUM PHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), BROWN SUGAR, SUGAR, DRIED MOLASSES, SALT, WHEAT GERM, HYDROXYLATED SOY LECITHIN, SOY FLOUR.

CONTAINS WHEAT AND SOY INGREDIENTS.

Sorry for caps I copied and pasted it.

The oat bran is just oat bran Not sure what I would use this for but like I said trying to use up stuff in the cabinets. If not it will go to a food drive
  • The Aunt Jemima pancake mix isn't SBD friendly, since the the 2nd ingredient is "enriched" (means they took all the good stuff out and substituted them with artificial ingredients and chemicals) bleached flour, and it contains brown sugar, regular sugar, and dried molasses. All of that should be avoided.

The oat bran is just fine.
  • I eat "Oat Bran" hot cereal by Quaker every day. I like it better than oatmeal.
  • That is what I thought too but before I toss to full brand new boxes I wanted to make sure. Not sure why I have two full brand new boxes but I found them when I was cleaning out my cabinets. Thanks

Tammie
  • that sound good but not SB ,maybe when we all loss the weight that is something we can use instead of regular pancake mix ??