South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:39 AM   #136  

Hi Jill!!! Great job! I'm so glad you are seeing results. Even with all the eating out you are making the right choices and moving in the right direction. Way to go!!
I have finished my first week of phase 1 and I am already dreaming of what carb I will eat first. Probably some fruit. Oh yum.....
The scale isn't moving much, but I'm sure by next week i'll be happy....
Old 02-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 203/192/140

Height: 5'5

Hi all
Cant believe I havent posted in so long. have so got to get into habit of checking!!
College been keeping me v busy, so forgive me.
Im doing ok. I lost 3lbs last week, but had bad weekend and now know its due to TOM!! So today being a good day, and have decided to take each day meal by meal. I seem to go off track if I plan too far ahead.
Today I have had -
B- 2 eggs scrambled, with red onion, and left over braised brussel sprouts!!!
S - 8 pecans
L - salmon darne, salad
S - lf fromage frais, mixed seeds
D - turkey curry, mock rice
S - banana with lf creme frais

I am now doing phase 1.5. I am trying to stay away from grains as much as poss, but will have some now and again. Also fruit didnt affect me the last time so having fruit..
Hoping to get another 2lbs down this week.
Clarri
Old 02-20-2008, 11:13 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Post Trying Again

About 2 years ago I had a pretty good start on the SB plan and lost about 25lbs. As I tend to do, I began to maintain but did little to keep on track with SB. I started drinking again when out w/friends, and allowing myself to indulge in burritos and pizza.

In the last several months my clothes have begun to get tighter and I haven't worked out in forever. Just the other night i ate a whole pizza by myself and I feel sick about it! So here I am. I've just stumbled upon this site and signed up. I really want to stick to the SB this time. I also need to start working out. I'm hoping to get lots of ideas and encouragement from reading here.

Part of my problems with the diet is I'm a single girl and often low on funds. This means cooking fresh meals all the time isn't always easy or convenient. If anyone has any ideas or helpful hints on good quick lunches to bring to work or anything else it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:07 AM   #139  
Determined to lose!

WElcome Soccer Girl! Check in here often, it'll help keep you on track (I know, I'm as guilty and bad as you, lose and gain 15 lbs, never going under a certain point.)

Ok, so this week I sorta started back on P1.. I say sorta because I've allowed a couple triscuits (yes, they are SB p2 acceptable!) with chili, and I'll have an apple with Peanut Butter for a snack (not everyday, just when I need to tie over from lunch to dinner!)...

Yesterday's meals....

Breakfast, 2 slices turkey bacon and 1 cup ls v8.
Lunch: South beach frozen meal (p1)..
Dinner: fish with steamed brocolli and couliflour
Snack: dried fruit (ok, I ate the whole bag.. note to self, no dried fruits)..
Dessert: one no sugar added fudgesicle!

I'm hoping today's is better, here's what I have planned:

B: 2 slices turkey bacon, 1c. v8
s: celery w/lc (laughing cow cheese low fat of course)
L: southbeach frozen meal (I used to say no.. but I've found when I make something like fish with no left overs that these come in handy)
s: apple w/pb (if needed)
D: chicken and veggies.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #140  

socogirl - I'm a single mom so I have some similar issues. What I do is fix dinners that I can then freeze in Ziploc freezer containers. When I make soup or chili or some casserole, I normally get dinner that night for my son and I and I can freeze another dinner (without veggies and then I add in newly cooked fresh or frozen veggies when we have it for another dinner) and I also put up some containers for lunches. I like to add extra veggies to the containers for the lunches. Then I just heat them in the microwave and it is easy, fast, and on plan.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 145/132/100

Height: 5'0"

Hi I am new to three chicks and and SB PH1 I am trying to find a place to talk daily with people for support cause i tend to slip of the wagon every once in a while
Co you all have any suggestions?
Old 02-22-2008, 03:56 PM   #142  

Thumbs up so far so good

Thanks Loriann! It's good to know you're not the only one out there.

Well so far so good (albeit just 2 days in!) i think.

Yesterday I forgot to bring my boiled eggs with me to work for breakfast. So I went to a cafe near work and ordered my usual breakfast sandwich: egg, cheese, turkey, tomatoe slice, on whole wheat. I took it back to the office and threw away the bread - put the rest in a bowl, threw some hot sauce on it and enjoyed. I realize the deli turkey part probably wasn't the best, and it wasn't lf cheese - but i still felt good about it.

snack was a small snack size back of mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, pistacios)
lunch was a salad made at a salad bar (romain lettuce, some cheese (again not lf but wanted the protien), two hard boiled eggs, cucs, a few thin strands of red onion, kidney beans, garbonzo beans, and oil and vineger for dressing -that was hard! as i love balsamic vinegrette).
dinner was chicken salad lettuce wraps.
and i didn't have ONE soda all day - that in itself is amazing - although i did allow myself 2 cups of coffee.

today was similar:
breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs / 2 cups of coffee (it's all in one big cup... )
snack: chili lime seasoned peanuts (i know these have salt, but they're okay right?)
lunch: similar salad as yesterday, but with a few pieces of salomi for extra protein
dinner: planning egg salad lettuce cups.
i might have to allow myself a diet soda today, as my energy is waining big time... but over all i feel good about my plan so far.

any thoughts, suggestions, or information - please pass it on.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #143  

Viksmom: I'm new here, too. I think this board is very supportive (I've been lurking this week.)
Old 02-23-2008, 09:03 PM   #144  

Default Phase 1-Day 1!!

I am just beginning SBD today. My aunt is in Phase 2 after losing 15 pounds in phase 1. She has really encouraged me to begin this journey. I have tried SBD before, but without much luck...I think I have ADD when it comes to sticking with diets!

I plan on succeeding this time! I have a lot to lose, but we will take it one day at a time! DH is doing it with me and is very supportive!

Headache, cranky and tired today...obsessing about food...drank a lot of water and survived my first day! YEAH! I know it gets better! I hope to be on this board a lot for encouragement and ideas!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:34 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 185/182.4/145

Height: 6'1"

Default As of today, my weight is higher than it's ever been...

I've hit rock bottom. I just ate a whole package of chocolate chip cookie dough. I wasn't even hungry for all of it, but it's like I couldn't make myself stop. I have "beached" before and when following the plan, I felt healthy and energetic. I just don't know if I have it in me to start over. I desperately need some encouragement outside of my mom and husband (who frankly is starting to get annoyed by my complaining and I can't blame him). My plan is to dive into phase 1 tomorrow. I have to do this.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:23 PM   #146  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Welcome aboard chickies.......

Jilly, glad to hear you are sticking with it in spite of all the ruts in the road. I had a lot of the same pitfalls that you did but I managed to keep off 7 of the original 12 I had lost last month in spite of tripping over myself in the process.

I too am restarting (sort of like regifting) Phase One. I debated it but I thought what the heck.

I agree that there seem to be a lot of different detours one can "accidentally" and not so "accidentally" take.

Caveat newcomers: Watch the nuts! They seem to be hard to stop at 15 for some people!

I too have struggled with low funds. There is nothing to say that you can't have tuna for your fish, lean ground beef for your meat and make some great soups. Lots of great recipes on here!! Schmoodle seems to find the best ones. Check hers out!

As for me, I am going to learn from my mistakes this past 7 weeks. I like South Beach and the beach is where I plan to stay!

Welcome, all you newbies. Glad to have ya all here with us.

Keep us posted of how things are going with you!!
Old 02-25-2008, 06:47 PM   #147  

Post Still Truckin'

Hi All!

Well I slipped a little this weekend. Did allow myself to go out and endulge in my favorite drink (vodka soda), and had a few bits of dessert. But overall I do believe I have done pretty well, I think, in my eating and snacking. When coming home from the bars, instead of reaching for the phone to call the pizza man, i heated up some french cut green beans and chopped tomotoe. It satisfied my craving for something warm and spicy (hot sauch of course) and I didn't fall into my normal pitfalls. I asked for double veggies instead of the yummy garlic mash potatoes that were offered with my steak on Saturday. When going out for a happy hour cocktail with my coworker at Chevys - we split a salad instead of ordering fatting apps or eating the chips and salsa. Little by little I'm making better choices. I may not be doing it exactly by the book, but I feel good about what I've been able to start doing so far. Tonight it's pepperionchini roast beef in the slow cooker!

Codico - Just get right back on. That's what you have to do I think. We all slip up from time to time, but just have to get back on. Like I said in my earlier post - I went off for over a year and have finally gotten back on. And I'm so glad I have. Let the cookie dough guilt go and just make today a new day.

I've only been on here since last week - but the encouraging words everyone has has helped so much. Thanks everyone!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:08 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

Default back to the beach

howdy everybody!

just another "newbie" to add to the bunch have previously lost 16kilo with sbd, kept it off for 1 1/2 years then gave in to emotional/comfort overeating. sigh and regained 9kilos. so it's back to ole drawing board.first day back on phase one and i already feel queasy and icky, had a glass of milk to stay the symptoms of sbd "flu" but it could all be in my head..eww eggieweggs every day...siiiiiigggggggh well, enough with the whining! looking forward to losing and supporting!!

cheers!

jandaman
Old 02-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

@codico .. as one emotional overeater to another (cookie dough is my favorite binge-food, too) i can only say each day is a clean slate..don't beat yourself up for it..dwelling and blaming will only cause more anxiety and guilt leading to more cookie dough....leading to... you catch my drift. i have so been there! chin up and right back into it!
Old 02-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 185/182.4/145

Height: 6'1"

Default thanks

Thanks, Jandaman (and others) for your support. I am also going through the SB flu, but I'm trying to be strong. It is frustrating for me because I hate my job and it makes me sad. Then I come home, and all I want to do is eat and sleep, not clean the house and workout like I should. But this site reminds me that I'm not alone, so thanks to everyone who posts.
Closed Thread