3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Introducing myself... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/133482-introducing-myself.html)

only1naked 02-04-2008 08:39 AM

Introducing myself...

Hi gang! I have been lurking here forever, so once I set up my account and began posting, I just jumped right in. I now realize that was so rude of me (in messageland). Besides, I have taken so many recipes and tips, that I owe at least this much, right?

My name is Barb, but you already have a Barb, so call me whatever other B word slips easily through your lips. I am 38 years old with a husband and a 5 year old son. I live in Indiana, I work full time, and I am overweight. (Save the cornfed Midwesterner jokes, ya'll. ;) )

I have always been what I would call a big-bodied girl. It took me a while to realize it was just my build, but it doesn't have to be FILLED IN with so much FAT. I began putting on weight about 8 years ago, and I attribute most of it simply to getting older and my body not responding as it used to. I was running half marathons and eating (what I considered to be) healthy, but just never dropped the weight. Turns out I was eating a lot of the wrong things, avoiding fats but welcoming carbs... My last half marathon was 4 years ago. Around that time I decided I liked smoking so much more than running, and here came even more weight. I have started and failed on the Beach a few times in the past, but this time is for real. Before beginning, I quit smoking, quit caffeine, quit drinking, and got myself in the right mindset BEFORE I began. Now I am down 13 lbs after Phase 1 and I am coasting slowly into phase II. I look forward to getting to know all of you as I move forward. Also, I hope to be doing another half-marathon by this fall.

Now if this darn board would let me get a ticker already...

GONNABE165 02-04-2008 08:45 AM

Hiya Only1 (Barb) and :wel3fc: and the south beach lifestyle. Good luck and be sure to keep posting so you can get that ticker.

cottagebythesea 02-04-2008 09:07 AM

:welcome3: only1! :) I've noticed your posts and am glad you decided to come introduce yourself. You weren't rude at all, feel free to post whenever you want to join the conversation!
You'll be able to get a ticker after so many posts, I think it's 25, but I'm not certain. You'll be there in no time!

Schmoodle 02-04-2008 09:16 AM

Hello (again) only1Barb! Glad to have you on the beach! The bigger the party, the merrier!

crk05 02-04-2008 11:02 AM

:welcome2:

Very nice to meet you! I am glad to hear about all of the positive changes you are making in your life, and I wish you all the best in your efforts!

Barb0522 02-04-2008 11:55 AM

Nice to meet you! We've had several Barb's and Barbara's since I joined here many years ago but I think I'm the only one that has stuck around.

beachgal 02-04-2008 12:05 PM

:welcome3:, Only1Barb!

You sound like a lot of fun! I totally agree with you that our build doesn't have to be so filled in! :lol: Great way of putting it!

Half marathons? WOW!!! That's awesome! I hope that getting ready for your next one works as a great motivation for your SBD work. I'm glad to have you with us and look forward to hearing more good news as time goes on. Congrats on the 13 pounds! :cp: