3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Monday's Chick Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/133467-mondays-chick-chat.html)

beachgal 02-04-2008 12:41 PM

Beautiful Ruthie!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: I've missed you!!!!!!!!!! (can you tell? ;) ) I'm SO sorry that you don't have good pain meds but am glad you're demanding them. They better get 'em to you soon... :club: Grrr... :lol: on losing weight that way...did they take out half your knee??? :fr: That's more than most women lose after giving birth! :lol3:

Thanks, Bellaluna! :o I'm glad to help! The chicks here helped me SO much on my journey. Yes, I lost it all on the Beach...I was actually down to 198 for about a year and a half, but gained back about 40 about a year ago. :( I've lost about 18 or so of that 40 and am on my way back down again, to lose it all for good this time! :strong: Thanks for the encouragement about dog obedience! :lol: about the treats! We have a little dachshund mix named Angel. She's a wonderful little buddy for us both! :love:

only1naked 02-04-2008 01:06 PM

I like this Chick Chat stuff.

So... am I the only one naked?

Schmoodle 02-04-2008 01:09 PM

I'll never tell.
As a telecommuter I could do my telecons naked if I wanted to. That is, until they make me get VTC capability!
Sometimes I wish we had a real chat on this site. That would be fun to get a bunch of us in a chat together...

Poor Ruth, hope the knee stops hurting soon!:hug:

only1naked 02-04-2008 01:15 PM

Yes, a live chat would be convenient, although I probably wouldn't have found it for a while. I have spent much time digging through recipes, but not much time figuring out anything else here. I'll catch up though!

(And I am at work, for the record, so I am not really naked. Come to think of it, if I was at home, I wouldn't be naked there either. But after I drop all this weight - NEKKID, here I come!!)

Neko 02-04-2008 01:23 PM

I work at a trucking company, despite my weight, I'm sure the guys here wouldn't mind it I was nekkid. But it's a little cold in here for that.

Beachgal I like the idea of using LF or FF sour cream. Maybe I'll try doing that with the mayo in tuna. I think I'll need to get braver for the dijonaisse.

Schmoodle Everytime I was on forum that did chat, nobody much showed up. It's so hard to find good times for everybody. I always thought that's what MSN is for anyways.

GONNABE165 02-04-2008 01:26 PM

:hug: Ruth you poor thing I hope they can get you good pain meds. Take care of yourself :hug:

tammie00 02-04-2008 02:38 PM

WOW You ladies are chatty this morning.

We are military too and I like the moving time because I do declutter ALOT!! LOL We are moving to VA in May and I have already started decluttering.

I am now on day 10 of phase 1 even though I did have pizza last night. I don't have any cravings today and it wasn't hard to get back on track. I know that I was so depressed and just felt miserable the last two days. I have been eating variety and such but prior to this we ate way too much fast food and I guess I just felt deprived. Today I feel much better I feel more in control and not completly depressed. I did drink lots more water.

I know I should feel guilty for cheating but I honestly don't. In the past one small cheat would lead to another and another and another. I guess it could still affect me but I feel so different in my attitude this time than when I was on a diet in the past. Does any of this make sense?

Tammie

KT39 02-04-2008 02:41 PM

Happy Monday, Beach Chicks!:flow2:

My first Monday chat, and I look forward to getting to know all of you better. I finished my first week on the beach and lost 7 lbs.....and it feels great! I find that the thing I'm missing the most is cheese and crackers and chardonnay....broccoli just doesn't quite measure up! But, if cutting out cheese and crackers and chardonnay can get me feeling better in a bathing suit this summer (not quite ready for naked either!) then I'll keep eating the broccoli.....:broc:

I made the parmesan crusted almond chicken last night--it was OK, but I don't think I ground up the almonds enough and it seemed a bit bland....I'll have to try it again. I also made a double batch of the veggie quiche cups and had 2 this am for breakfast and I have to say, not bad!

I finally got some low sodium V8 and had a small can this am--it wasn't too bad, but it's a little sweet (I was thinking bloody mary flavor, minus the vodka of course :nono:) and has 6g of sugar. I guess since it's "veggie" sugar it's ok??????

Hope all of you have a wonderful Monday.....

KT39 02-04-2008 02:47 PM

Tammie....please don't feel guilty! In my opinion that is one of the most uselsess and negative feelings in the world.....think of it as life....sometimes you just have to go off the path to remember why you're on the path....so you had some pizza, you enjoyed it and now you're back. I know that once I get in a good routine, I'm going to have some cheese and crackers and chardonnay....I don't want to spend my entire life not having things I enjoy just so I can fit in a smaller casket!!!!! Hope you have a great Monday!

tammie00 02-04-2008 02:47 PM

KT I like the cups but I put a few splashes of hot sauce on mine while eating.
Good point about the "casket"

Speaking of hot sauce I am drawn to it more these days? It is ok to eat right?

KT39 02-04-2008 02:54 PM

I put some hot sauce in the egg beaters, but definately could have used more....will try that tomorrow....maybe I should have put some hot sauce on the chicken last night! I seem to be craving salt....I use sea salt, but still I'm not sure if I should try to cut that back.....

I believe hot sauce is fine since it contains no sugar....evil evil sugar.......

CyndiM 02-04-2008 04:03 PM

Wow, you sure are a chatty group today! I can't possibly catch up so am just stopping in to say hello. I sure missed you gals every morning :)

We had a great time in NM but it's always nice to be home. Our Chicago connector was delayed about 4.5 hours due to weather. Didn't get home until around 7 this morning so I am a zombie today.

I'm starting a week of Phase 1. While I didn't eat a lot of stuff I shouldn't I did eat some due to necessity (NM not the most vegetarian friendly place, same as one of the airports we went through). I actually didn't eat much at all - cranky stomach and no appetite. I lost 5 lbs but expect to regain that because it was certainly not a healthy weight loss. Eek.

Ruth - Hope the doc can give you something that actually takes the edge off. :hug:

Kara - Thinking about you and the family - good luck!!

:wave: to everyone out there in Chick land. Tomorrow I'll be back to personals!

GONNABE165 02-04-2008 04:10 PM

Tammie I'm glad to hear that the pizza had no effect on you getting right back to plan today I'm sorry to say but that may not be the last time you eat pizza

KT39 as far as I know hot sauce is okay. My dh does all the cooking & puts it in just about everything

Cyndi so gald to hear you enjoyed your trip. Heres some :dust: to get back on plan

Barb0522 02-04-2008 05:40 PM

If you are craving pizza and are on phase 1, make yourself a portabella pizza. That tastes so wonderful sometimes. And in phase 2 you can make them with whole wheat pita bread or tortillas or flatbread.

only1naked 02-04-2008 06:31 PM

Oh in Phase II you can make it with ready-made Whole Wheat pizza crusts, if you can find them. I found some at Meijer that have 3g Fiber, which is more than I have been able to find in any pita bread yet.

When making the pizza, I load it up with veggies - tomatoes, mushrooms, artichokes, zucchini, mushrooms, onion, peppers... (and did I mention mushrooms? Love 'em!) I make the slices so thick that I can't possibly have a 2nd slice, so that way I don't overdo it on the bread/crust, or the cheese for that matter.