3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Phase 2 Question: Feeling VERY tired and run down (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/133013-phase-2-question-feeling-very-tired-run-down.html)

errodr 01-30-2008 12:34 PM

Phase 2 Question: Feeling VERY tired and run down

I am at the end of my first week on phase 2. I have done my best to follow the diet as closely as possible. The past couple of days I have become very tired and irritable about an hour after lunch. During this time I feel light headed, very tired and irritable. I tested my blood sugar and it was 67. It seems to me that I am feeling this way because of low blood sugar, the problem is that I don't know what I am doing wrong. Below is a list of what I ate today, I would appreciate any pointers on what I can do to avoid this "crash".

Breakfast (8:00 AM):
2 pieces turkey bacon
1/2 cup Uncle Sam's cereal with 1 cup skim milk
6 oz. V8

Morning Snack: None

Lunch (12:30 PM): 1 cup lettuce with green olives and onions
1 tbsp. low-fat dressing
1 cup broccoli with 1/2 oz. LF cheddar,
3 oz of lean beef meatloaf.

Afternoon Snack (3:15 PM):
1 plain celery stalk

Dinner (5:45 PM): 3 oz. chicken breast with salsa
1/3 cup black beans
1 cup broccoli with 1/2 oz. lowfat cheddar
1 cup lettuce with green olives and onions
1 tbsp. low-fat dressing

Evening Snack (8:00 PM): 6 oz. Dannon Light and Fit strawberry yogurt with a few walnuts.

I have drank about 40 oz of water today.

Am I not eating enough, or am eating at the wrong times? I did not feel like this at the end of Phase 1.

Thanks for any help.

Schmoodle 01-30-2008 01:01 PM

I would suggest:
Add a hardboiled egg to your breakfast.
Have a midmorning snack, just a piece of cheese would be enough.
For your afternoon snack, maybe smear some peanut butter on your celery.

Overall your menu looks okay, but it may be too low in calories. If you run this in Fitday I would guess it would come in around 1000 calories. If this doesn't resolve, you should check with a doctor to see if there are other things going on here.

jillybean720 01-30-2008 01:02 PM

It doesn't look like you're having any "legal" carbs at lunch other than the very few in the veggies. You say you feel icky no tlong after lunch, so I think that may be your problem. You have carbs at breakfast (cereal), carbs at dinner (black beans), and carbs in your evening snack (fruit yogurt). Maybe add some black beans or fruit in with your lunch?

Neko 01-30-2008 01:12 PM

I'm not sure how much weight you have to lose so your portions might be correct for you. But, I've been eating more like 4-6 ounces of protein at each meal. Maybe you also want to try eating a little more chicken, fish, beef, etc at meals.

Pearlrose 01-30-2008 07:03 PM

Don't know if this well help you or not but I sometimes suffer from my blood sugar level dropping which is why I no longer eat cereal in the morning for some reason I would crash close to lunch- I do much better if I have my carbs at lunch or dinner- I try to have phase 1 breakfast- though I do throw in sometimes Nessa oatmeal bars with a hb egg and that seems okay,