South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 122/119/100

Default Protein bars on P1

is there any protein bars acceptable on P1?
Old 01-30-2008, 06:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

No, deviline. None of the bars out there meet the requirements. Even on Phase 2, there aren't any bars that are totally SBD friendly, including the Kraft South Beach bars.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

I am a little confused. If we can have cereals that are 8 g of sugar or less on plan, why cant we have a bar that is equally low in sugar?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:19 PM   #4  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

I like Chocolite Protein bars...they aren't the best tasting things in the world but they kick my chocolate cravings there's no sugar and they help my energy level. I'm sure there are ingredients in them that aren't totally SBD approved but they don't trigger any cravings for me but everyone is different...here's the nutritional info for the Chocolate Fudge flavor which is really the only one worth buying IMO

Chocolate Fudge
Nutritional Facts
Serving Size 1 bar
Servings Per Package/Container 1
Calories 95
Calories from Fat 30
Total Fat 3.5g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 130mg
Total Carbohydrate 17g*
Dietary Fiber 10g*
Sugars 0g
Sugar Alcohols 4g*
Protein 9g
Ingredients: Protein Blend (Non-GMO Soy Protein Isolate, Non-GMO Soy Crisps [Non-GMO Soy Protein Isolate, Cocoa processed with alkali, Tapioca Starch], Whey Protein Isolate), Chicory Root Fiber, Oligofructose, Cocoa Butter, Erythritol, Chocolate Liquor, Vegetable Glycerine, Calcium Carbonate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil, Milk Protein Concentrate, Maltodextrin, Cream [Heavy Cream, Carrageenan, Mono and Diglycerides], Maltitol Syrup, Natural Flavors, Sodium Caseinate, Soy Lecithin [an emulsifier], Salt, Disodium Phosphate, Vitamins and Minerals.

*Net Carbs as listed by the manufacturer on the package = 3g per bar.

*******I wouldn't try it on phase 1 though...could be a nice treat on phase 2 if it doesn't trigger cravings******

Last edited by JerseyGirrl; 01-30-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAnativegirl View Post
I am a little confused. If we can have cereals that are 8 g of sugar or less on plan, why cant we have a bar that is equally low in sugar?
Good question. On South Beach we are focusing on eating whole foods with as little additives as possible. Have you ever read the ingredients list on those bars, they are full of unneccessary stuff. I do believe a bar with little or no sugar now and then won't hurt you, and they do come in handy, but if you want to be 100% on board with South Beach, you should avoid them.
A very good substitute is the recipe for Nessa's Oatmeal Breakfast Bars in the Phase 2 recipe section. Here is the link to the recipe -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111624

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-30-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 122/119/100

i see. Was thinking of Atkins Bars and FiberOne Bars. I need that little chocolate to get me going.

how about a chocolate protein shake?
anyone has recipe for P1.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:51 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

You could use whey protein powder to make a protein shake. The kind we have doesn't have any sugar or wheat ingredients.

Kara
Closed Thread