South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default Did you feel tired/depressed on phase I?

Did you feel tired/depressed on phase I? I had no energy yesterday. Felt better today cheating a bit with a high fat burger. Wondering if it's the diet and exercise. Maybe though I just needed a day off from the 1 hour plus of exercise I've been doing. I've always been "all or nothing..." and I need to mellow out. I'd like to make it another 1-1/2 weeks on phase I to try to drop some quick lbs though but I need energy to work.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Horsey, make sure you're getting a good variety of vegetables and protein if you're on Phase 1.

Those high fat, simple sugar foods are linked to the pleasure center of our brains, so they provide an almost immediate release of those "feel good" hormones, but that doesn't mean that you're doing something good for your body. The fat in a burger is bad for your heart, so that's not the answer. If you feel you need to add some fat (I did while I was on Phase 1), use olive oil or natural peanut butter to bulk up your meals and snacks.

It's easy to go WAY under calories in Phase 1 if you're not paying attention, so make sure you're getting some beans and dairy in your diet. This isn't a quick fix solution - it's learning healthy habits for a lifetime. You need to fuel your body properly if you want it to work for you!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-29-2008 at 08:26 PM.
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #3  

Yes I'm finding it hard to get enough calories in phase one, that must be part of it. I like peanut butter but it seems a sin to eat too much, and cheese too. I think you are right a lot of the foods are feel good foods, the fat in the burger isn't the answer but I think I need more healthy fat... thanks
Old 01-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

You're allowed up to two tablespoons of peanut butter a day. Make sure it doesn't have sugar in it.

Also keep in mind that you are the one deciding to do this diet. Sometimes I get down on myself because I feel like "someone" is forcing me to do this and I don't want to. You have to choose what you want more...to eat the foods that aren't really healthy for you, or to do what's best for your body. Either way it's a difficult choice - one is easier in the present but worse in the long run, and the other is hard now, but really beneficial later on. Your choice.

Chin up! We're here for ya!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-29-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #5  

Ok I went and ate steak, shrimp and green beans and I feel better. Yesterday I only ate 1100 calories, I was full. You are right it's hard to get the calories in phase I... I love steak and shrimp so I'll head to the store to get MORE.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Indeed! Eat what you like for sure. There's no need to be choking down food you don't care for, as long as you're getting in those veggies. I LOVE green beans! They're one of my favorite. I like to sautee them with garlic in a little olive oil or toss some steamed green beans with a handful of slivered almonds. Mmmmm.

Kara