Valentines Day Goals?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • MY Vday Goal is to reach the 180's...5 more lbs!
    Anyone wanna join me on a mini goal for the next cpl weeks?

• A friend and I are starting Phase 1 on Feb 1. My goal is to successfully complete it (and not blow in on V-day ) and to lose 5 pounds. That is basically the rest of my origianl weight loss goal, I have been stuck at 140 for a while. We'll see what happens.

Ally
  • I set a Valentine's Day Goal of 7 lbs. back in the beginning of January, it's on my ticker below. As of last Saturday 3 lbs. down, 4 to go, but I am also not weighing until 2/14, so I won't know if I made it or not until the day.
    So I am in there with you! Good luck with your goals.
  • I really would love to be in the 220's by Valentine's Day...That means I have to lose at least 7 more lbs by then..I'll set a more firm goal after my weigh in Tuesday. Anything less than what I am now would be fantastic! LOL
  • Actually, I hadn't thought about it
    I just want to focus on following the food plan the way it was devised each day. I figure that the weight lose will take care of itself.

I have been closely monitoring how much carbs/fruits I can eat and still see a 2 lb weight lose each week. For me, it is 3/3.

I am very pleased that my body seems to be responding to this well. I have decided to continue to eat the way Phase One is structured with the 3 meals and 3 snacks as listed in the book. All I have done is add the carbs during one or two of the meals. The same with the fruits. I have a tendency to prefer to add those in with my breakfast and lunch. I am still eating the protein snacks and having the sugar free Jello or chocolate pudding. I have not had anything with sugar since January 1st. Not even bread. It costs $2.00 more for less of a loaf than I was buying but it is truly sugar-free.

I am not sure if my DH and I will go out to eat on V-Day's since of course the restaurants will be super crowded any way. I haven't bought candy or gotten it as a gift in so long that I doubt this year will be any different. Once hubby married me, that all stopped. LOL. Love him any way. Maybe, he feels I am sweet enough as it is.

I really thought it would be harder to do this than it has been. The most challenging part for me right now is keeping pace with buying the groceries. I am finding that it is costing me about $30 more per week. My DH has been understanding but that has been my biggest concern for now.

Good luck on your weight lose goals, keep us posted.
  • ..I removed the scale from my bathroom..gonna try to only weigh on Saturdays *wish me luck*
  • Missinmysoldier78 , I think i am also gonna gid rid of my scale. Its like a mental torture!! Anyways my goal is to lose about 20 pounds or less by valentines day. I know its sounds like a unrealistic plan.. But since i am on phase 1 and thinking about doing it for another two weeks... Lets c.. I hope i could lose about that much weight!
  • i wanna lose like 5 pounds...i would prefer like two inches off my waist so i could get into some old jeans lol...but i'll settle for just the five pounds
  • I am going for 5! So far though P2 is not treating me well... But I am going to keep on it and try to not weigh myself until V-day!

Good luck everyone
  • Hmm..If I lose 1 pound a week until Valentines day that would put me at 177.5. I think I'll make my goal to get to 176! So, 4.5 pounds in 3 weeks!

I can do it! =)
  • I would like to lose 10 pounds by Valentine's Day. It might be obtainable because I am on day 8 of phase 1. I am having some company for the week, the week before, so maybe I should reconsider.Just need to do my best, but St. V's Day is in sight for a time frame.
  • My valentines goal that I set at the beginning of January is to be at 190 - wish me luck
  • Good luck everyone!
    Just remember to treat these goals as a fun challenge. Any progress we make will be a step in the right direction.
  • Great attitude schmoodle Thank you!
  • My Valentine's goal is 219 and to stay off the scales until then. I've become addicted to getting on them every day.