3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Hows everyone doing in the new year? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/132291-hows-everyone-doing-new-year.html)

missinmysoldier78 01-23-2008 03:31 PM

Hows everyone doing in the new year?

Hello.
I have lost 14lbs since starting out Jan.2nd! 60 more to go! How is everyone else doing?

wanna b thin 01-23-2008 03:42 PM

Congratulations on yur 14 lb loss. I'm new to SB and struggleing a bit, it's good to hear it is working for you. It encourages me to stick with it.

1 less fat chick 01-23-2008 04:03 PM

Way to go :cp: I am down 17 lbs now since the day after Christmas. I like hearing about everyone's success!! Keep up the good work.

zahrakhan 01-23-2008 04:05 PM

Are Garbanzo beans allowed on phase 1?

tomandkara 01-23-2008 04:34 PM

Yes, garbanzo beans are allowed (and encouraged!) on Phase 1.

Missin, congrats on the 14 pound loss! That's incredible!!! When's your soldier comin' home?

Kara

piratexsmile 01-23-2008 05:23 PM

Thanks for asking, Missin! Sounds like you have had some great success. Keep with it!! :)

I have dropped about 11lbs as of this morning. And although still flustered by constipation, I am finally starting to feel like I might be shrinking :)

xGurlyGrlx 01-23-2008 05:24 PM

:cheer2:YAY for everyone's weightloss. I stared Jan. 4. The new scale I bought was garbage so I had to return it and am now not sure if any of my readings were accurate. The new scale I have is awesome. So assuming my starting weight is correct...I have lost 10.5lbs. I weigh in again on Saturday!

xGurlyGrlx 01-23-2008 05:27 PM

I had the same problem pirate. I bought Benefiber and everything is all good now. I got the sugar free one that does not thicken so I put it in tea or whatever I am drinking! Wish I knew about it when I was doing Atkins. That was a rough few months! :D

missinmysoldier78 01-23-2008 07:37 PM

Dh wont be home until next xmas....This is our 3rd deployment *yuck* this time i want to get this weight off!!!

piratexsmile 01-23-2008 11:05 PM

Gurly- yea, I've been drinking the berry metamucil regularly, but it didn't make a difference at all. But now that I am eating fruit it's all good :)

tomandkara 01-24-2008 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missinmysoldier78 (Post 2016424)
Dh wont be home until next xmas....This is our 3rd deployment *yuck* this time i want to get this weight off!!!

:( I'm so sorry!

Tom left last March for Korea and the kids and I lasted about a month in the States before we bought plane tickets and just came over here non command-sponsored. I wasn't eating (lost ten pounds in the first two weeks he was gone...not a healthy way to do it), wasn't sleeping (went to bed at 2 or 3 in the morning and was up at 5 or 6), the kids were wrecks, it was a mess. I'm so lucky that we have the chance to be here. I totally respect you for trudging through!!!

Kara